GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about convulsions? Aren't some detox situations fairly dangerous where it could result in a seizure?

In more than a dozen years that I've worked as a correctional nurse, we have never had anyone who was detoxing from anything other than alcohol have seizures etc. They may feel like dying, but detoxing from opiates/narcotics won't kill you.

Just had a thought since DC was caught with a backpack containing items thought to be trophies, and many think Chelsea isnt his only victim, any thoughts on him being connected to Jessica Heeringa? She is also blonde, similar look to both Chelsea and his ex gf seen all over his fb. Really interested in what vehicle he drove Chelsea away from the party in!

Oh poor Baby, he had a mental problem when he raped and killed Chelsea? I don't think so. Not going to work poor man. I give up on any DP, the only ones who get death are the victims. I'm getting really pissed watching this, maybe I'm to close.:moo:

In agree! He was "sane" enough to pull it off and hide the evidence, as well as saying it was an accident, in my opinion means he is perfectly capable of standing trail!

In more than a dozen years that I've worked as a correctional nurse, we have never had anyone who was detoxing from anything other than alcohol have seizures etc. They may feel like dying, but detoxing from opiates/narcotics won't kill you.

You're a nurse at a correctional facility and believe that detoxing from opiates/narcotics won't kill you?

Maybe that's why there have been a number of deaths in jails and prisons from that.

"They find the deaths particularly troubling because opioid withdrawal, while miserable, is rarely life-threatening if medication, monitoring and, in severe cases, intravenous fluids are available."

But withholding methadone or similar is common, as you say, as a form of "tough love". (Note "tough love" in the form of suffering has never been proven to cure addictions, and in fact recent studies show it may prolong them) Our prison systems are in dire need of reform.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/heroin-withdrawal-jail-deaths-treatment-advocates/

Just had a thought since DC was caught with a backpack containing items thought to be trophies, and many think Chelsea isnt his only victim, any thoughts on him being connected to Jessica Heeringa? She is also blonde, similar look to both Chelsea and his ex gf seen all over his fb. Really interested in what vehicle he drove Chelsea away from the party in!

To the best of my knowledge, DC hasn't owned a vehicle. Jessica is miles away in Norton Shores, MI. I've kept up with that case from the beginning and strongly doubt that Clay had anyting to do with Jessica Heeringa's disappearance. :moo:

Oh poor Baby, he had a mental problem when he raped and killed Chelsea? I don't think so. Not going to work poor man. I give up on any DP, the only ones who get death are the victims. I'm getting really pissed watching this, maybe I'm to close.:moo:

I'm sure you know that our state doesn't have the death penalty. I'm worried now that this won't even get life in prison for the murder of Chelsea Bruck. Makes me :sick:

You're a nurse at a correctional facility and believe that detoxing from opiates/narcotics won't kill you?

Maybe that's why there have been a number of deaths in jails and prisons from that.

"They find the deaths particularly troubling because opioid withdrawal, while miserable, is rarely life-threatening if medication, monitoring and, in severe cases, intravenous fluids are available."

But withholding methadone or similar is common, as you say, as a form of "tough love". (Note "tough love" in the form of suffering has never been proven to cure addictions, and in fact recent studies show it may prolong them) Our prison systems are in dire need of reform.

Whenever a person is in jail or in prison, the state is responsible for this person to receive basic health care. Withholding basic care is not only against the hippocratic oath, but also likely will result in costly malpractice lawsuits by the prisoner or his/her family. A person entering jail (or prison) should be seen by a doctor ASAP because of withdrawal or the prisoner may have health conditions that need medications and immediate attention.

His attorney Russell Smith said, Clay has been distraught and in confinement. He also has met with a psychiatrist and was prescribed meds.

Side note: You took this beautiful girl's life and you are distraught now? What about the two years you spent playing video games and robbing people? You're upset because you were CAUGHT and that's it!
He better get use to close confines...put on your big girl panties.

I'm very concerned about an unscrupulous defense attorney victimizing Chelsea all over again

I did clearly state that fluids are provided and offenders monitored. Withdrawals from anything but alcohol will not kill you. Keeping hydrated is important.

Whenever a person is in jail or in prison, the state is responsible for this person to receive basic health care. Withholding basic care is not only against the hippocratic oath, but also likely will result in costly malpractice lawsuits by the prisoner or his/her family. A person entering jail (or prison) should be seen by a doctor ASAP because of withdrawal or the prisoner may have health conditions that need medications and immediate attention.

That doesn't mean that they have to be given anything to help with how uncomfortable one is during detox. Of course basic health care, monitoring,fluids, etc should be done.

I also worked in corrections before but not as a nurse FWIW. Opiate withdrawal inmates are given Imodium, Tylenol and fluids and medical staff monitors them. Only pregnant female inmates get methadone. Withdrawal from cocaine or metj only get Tylenol and fluid and monitoring.

Where do i begin?

Not sure why some of you thought he was gonna admit/confess today. He did ask for an attorney. Also, this is not his first rodeo. It's the one on the biggest stage but he has been in court many times. Hasn't learned anything from it obviously. It has become his life.. a routine. It's what he knows. Rinse and repeat.

Anyone have the stats to how often a defense attorney in a murder case asks for a psychological examination? It could mean the defense attorney is just buying more time or does not feel strongly about his case.

You must have a tough job at times it must be very difficult dealing with challenging inmates.

I agree with BetteDavisEyes I don't think DC is involved with Jessica's case. I'm pretty sure it's Jeffrey Willis but the police need a big breakthrough to prove he did it. They definitely should and will be assessing whether DC has other victims.

Thanks to all of you for all your news updates about DC's court appearances and your discussion posts. The legal process can be very difficult and frustrating but we will see it through together till the end.

I'm very concerned about an unscrupulous defense attorney victimizing Chelsea all over again

I think Chelsea's social media accounts should be closed down so that the lawyer cannot abuse them to his client's advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a big concern of mine as well.

I haven't even been able to read comments on news articles or even look here on Websleuths since the arraignment. I know that the victim blaming will be an inevitable part of his defense. That's what happens when scumbags try to save their own *advertiser censored* - I just need to brace myself for it.

This week was rough emotionally with the developments with Chelsea's case happening at the same time as Sierah Joughin's abduction/murder. (I know Sierah's mom, stepfather, and younger siblings.) The past 10 days or so have been an emotional roller coaster.

I think Chelsea's social media accounts should be closed down so that the lawyer cannot abuse them to his client's advantage.

They've been out there for so long since her disappearance; I think that horse has left the barn.

I've said many times that I'm not into the social media thing, but I recall a short video on one of Chelsea's SM sites. Some of you probably know the one I mean ;) I'm afraid that DC's defense attorney will get some mileage from that video :(

I'm so disgusted with yesterdays events. This poor family - it must be excruciating to watch all of this play out. I can't believe the defense attorney even has the audacity to suggest DC is not competent. I think they are just trying to buy time and go thru the motions. I can tell you that everyone in this area is furious and outraged. With that, I'm curious how a court appointed attorney is selected. I ask because there is no way any defense attorney in this area would even agree to represent this .

I'm so disgusted with yesterdays events. This poor family - it must be excruciating to watch all of this play out. I can't believe the defense attorney even has the audacity to suggest DC is not competent. I think they are just trying to buy time and go thru the motions. I can tell you that everyone in this area is furious and outraged. With that, I'm curious how a court appointed attorney is selected. I ask because there is no way any defense attorney in this area would even agree to represent this .

Regardless of an attorney's personal feelings about a case, he/she, whether court-appointed or hired by a suspect, has an obligation to their client and the court to provide a rigorous defense. At the conclusion of a trial, if the defendant is convicted of his/her crime and feels that his attorney failed to provide adequate counsel that can be proven during the appeals process, the verdict can be overturned. Most attorneys don't want to have their case come under this type of scrutiny, so they do the best they can for their client regardless of personal feelings about the suspect. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108