GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Squirrel, for the latest Blade link. I suppose branches could have fallen from trees, though it sounds likely she was somewhat hidden intentionally. Just so sad, as a parent, to learn such details about your child's last hours.

Let us pray that she was unconscious and unaware. God Bless our dear angel Chelsea.

^ Wish I hadn't read that article :( Rest in Peace, dear Chelsea :rose:

This article contains a few new details:
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2016/08/09/Daniel-Clay-accused-in-crimes-not-tied-to-Bruck.html

Monroe police have charged that Mr. Clay broke into a home in the city June 9 and assaulted a woman there, according to court records. If convicted, he could face life in prison for the sexual contact and 20 years for the home invasion.

An autopsy by the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office determined Miss Bruck died of blunt-force trauma to the head with at least three identifiable injuries, though asphyxiation couldn’t be ruled out because of the degraded state of her remains, according to a report released last month.

The report detailed that her intact body was found nude, partially skeletonized, and lying on the ground with two logs or tree limbs over top. She was identified through dental X-rays.

That was horrible to read. Hopefully there's a conviction in that case that the Judge takes into consideration for this one and he gets a harsher sentence considering its a 2nd degree charge

Thinking of the Bruck family, and surrounding them with strength and love.....:rose:

That was horrible to read. Hopefully there's a conviction in that case that the Judge takes into consideration for this one and he gets a harsher sentence considering its a 2nd degree charge

I wonder if the prosecutor will rethink the charges. From the description of the location, it doesn't sound like there was ever a plan to let her leave alive.

I wonder if the prosecutor will rethink the charges. From the description of the location, it doesn't sound like there was ever a plan to let her leave alive.

...blunt-force trauma to the head with at least three identifiable injuries... doesn't sound "accidental" to me :waitasec:

...blunt-force trauma to the head with at least three identifiable injuries... doesn't sound "accidental" to me :waitasec:

I think that is why he was charged with 2nd degree murder, not manslaughter. To charge him with 1st degree murder, there has to be pre-meditation.

@skigirl: I don't think that the location where the body was found proves pre-meditation. Clay's lawyer probably would argue that DC and Chelsea sought the remote location to have privacy.

Actually I do believe there was premeditation. But it is hard to prove. The unrelated rape that Clay is accused of shows that he has pre-meditated that rape and the home invasion. It makes me sad, but I believe that Chelsea was also raped, and that her rape was also pre-meditated. I The shoe left behind shows that Chelsea was probably forced into the car, or she was too incapacitated to resist or consent to any sexual advances.

Sadly, you make good points, Squirrel. The lone shoe..... may be a very useful piece to this one.

Michigan First-Degree Murder Laws

In Michigan, first degree murder is the most severe type of homicide because it is planned and was done on purpose with some type of evil intent. In order to sustain a conviction, a Michigan prosecutor must prove that the defendant planned to commit the crime of murder. Contrary to what you may see at the movies or on television, this does not mean that the prosecutor needs to show that a murder was carefully thought out and planned (although it can be). According to Michigan law, premeditation can take place in a matter of seconds...

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/michigan-law/michigan-first-degree-murder-laws.html

I wouldn't be surprised if H.B. (the Hero) and Rootless end up as star witnesses. Of course both have credibility issues, but I think that was a mistake to dismiss their claims.

Wow.... I heard about the latest development from the forum for Sierah Joughin and rushed over here. I had not heard this yet. Seems our boy has really dug himself in deep. I wonder what else may turn up.

And I wonder if there is any way he might be connected to Julia Niswender's case. I have so little spare time for sleuthing right now, what with home fix-it projects, but I do hope to try looking to see if there is any possible connection.

@spellbound,
I've been popping in and out as well. I as well wondered if he (DC) could be involved with Julia's case, I wondered if he somehow got a vasectomy after fathering the 2 children. I'm not sure this is very likely if they have acquired his DNA from Chelsea's case and the rape victims case,unless the DNA they acquired isn't from semen. It is however interesting to note that he BROKE INTO a woman's apartment and sexually assaulted her. Reminiscent of JN's case.
I feel like I'm rambling and not contributing much, so off I go again...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

@spellbound,
I've been popping in and out as well. I as well wondered if he (DC) could be involved with Julia's case, I wondered if he somehow got a vasectomy after fathering the 2 children. I'm not sure this is very likely if they have acquired his DNA from Chelsea's case and the rape victims case,unless the DNA they acquired isn't from semen. It is however interesting to note that he BROKE INTO a woman's apartment and sexually assaulted her. Reminiscent of JN's case.
I feel like I'm rambling and not contributing much, so off I go again...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks for stopping by, Shandram. I understand your "rambling" ..... much like my own thoughts right now. If there was DNA from two men, DC could still be a possibility for Julia's case. But I know of no connection between Julia and him ..... yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if H.B. (the Hero) and Rootless end up as star witnesses. Of course both have credibility issues, but I think that was a mistake to dismiss their claims.

I would be very shocked if either ended involved in the court case. They both have huge credibility issues and I don't think the prosecutor would blow a case with DNA and a confession by allowing them to be witnesses and muddying up the waters

Is the man accused of killing Monroe County’s Chelsea Bruck competent to stand trial?

That's the main question as his case moves forward. Another hearing happened in one of his cases Thursday afternoon. Daniel Clay did not appear in court Thursday in Monroe County but his attorney did appear and waived the hearing.

(...)

The charges he was facing Thursday include home invasion and criminal sexual conduct from a third incident, a home invasion that happened in June of this year.

That case and the murder case are essentially on hold as the attorneys and judge wait to hear back from a competency evaluation to lean if Clay's competent to stand trial in these two cases.
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/I...pect-competent-to-stand-trial--390633221.html

Thanks for the linked article. A third incident?! This guy has really gone downhill fast it seems. His FB posts were quite a foreboding of what was to come. Something like, "Going down, so it might as well be big" , and "anxiety is horrible, you suffer alone" . I do wonder if he has any family supporting him right now.

It's expected that the results from that competency evaluation will be done in September.

ETA:
I had already frogotten about the theft of the backpack. So his cases now include:

-murder of Chelsea October 2014
-theft of backpack/tattoo equipment May 10, 2016 (two men involved in the theft)
-homeinvasion/sexual assault in June 2016

I wonder why we have heard nothing about the second man involved in the backpack theft ... does LE not know who it is yet?

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20160808/clay-charged-with-rape-in-separate-case. That is the article I posted earlier this month when it released that states it happened in July. The article above says June. I'm assuming just misreporting in dates or are they saying another incident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think "misreporting" is probably correct. According to another article:

Monroe police have charged that Mr. Clay broke into a home in the city June 9 and assaulted a woman there, according to court records.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2016/08/09/Daniel-Clay-accused-in-crimes-not-tied-to-Bruck.html

I don't think I'm the only 'sleuther following this case who doubts that Clay disposed of Chelsea's body without help. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I anticipate some unexpected twists and turns before DC's case gets to trial ;)

im awaiting another DNA hit. although its possible he is young enough that he didn't strike again for a few years. who knows.

I don't think I'm the only 'sleuther following this case who doubts that Clay disposed of Chelsea's body without help. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I anticipate some unexpected twists and turns before DC's case gets to trial ;)

Agreed. Like who's car was Clay driving, or was he doing the driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState