GUILTY MI - Cynthia Zarzycki, 13, Eastpointe, 20 April 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well according to the DOC site.. a person with the same name is serving time for Criminal Sexual Conduct, 3rd Deg (Person 13 Thru 15)... and had a prior conviction in the 70's for indecent liberties with a child... I'm guessing that this might have been sexually motivated... How sick.

I think that must be the same man. One of the articles I read says he is currently serving a 15 year sentence for molesting a 14 yr old girl. He's going to be sentenced to life without parole for Cindy Zarzyckis murder later this month.

Later, somebody who'd been at the Dairy Queen said a girl resembling Cindy had gotten into a blue car. A friend told the family she might have been headed for a party in Pontiac.

[/URL]

How interesting that all these years later, we find out that she did indeed get into a car and was headed for a party. And the police made her out to be a runaway. I lived in MI around this time, and I don't ever remember hearing about this. :/

Cynthia Jocelyn Zarzycki
zarzycki_cynthia.jpg

Zarzycki, 13, disappeared from Eastpointe, Michigan on April 20, 1986. The case was cold until 2008, when Arthur Nelson Ream, Zarzycki's boyfriend's father, was charged with her murder. Authorities believed Ream abducted her and then killed her when she resisted his sexual advances. He was convicted in June 2008, although Zarzycki's body hadn't been found. In July, Ream lead investigators to Zarzycki's body in a shallow grave in Macomb Township, Michigan.

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolved41.html

I remember being a senior in high school when Cindy disappeared, hearing about it on the news when I got home from school. I lived just 30 minutes from where she did, and even though I lived my childhood during the time that the Oakland County child killer was possibly stalking his next victim, this story struck me more, possibly because I was older and more in touch with just how dangerous the world really was. I can't believe it has taken this long to find her, but I am so glad her murderer was caught. May her family finally have the peace they deserve.

For those that are interested, this case will be aired on April 17th. 2 hour special 9p-11p (eastern)

The two people who cracked the case were on the Today Show. Article and video at the below link:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30262923/?GT1=43001

They seem like a pair straight out of central casting for a TV cop show — a baby boomer gumshoe who prefers pounding pavement to accessing technology, and a pretty Generation X investigator who can make an Internet search engine hum.

This case is being profiled on Dateline NBC tonight, 4/17. 2 hour special. Also there is another thread in cold cases with more updated info on the arrest, maybe mods can merge?

i saw something on it on tv last night it was the dairy queen murder and they had found her body i guess he was willing to confess to where he laid her body. the le guy did some mind tactics on him pretended like no one cared about him or why he killed her and how her family was done and they had closure. well a week later he called his lawyer and said im gona confess

[h=1]Police say 4-6 girls' bodies may be buried in Michigan woods[/h]
Digging resumed Tuesday in Macomb Township, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) from downtown Detroit. The search started Monday for the remains of Kimberly King, but Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer told WJBK-TV that there could be others buried in the area.

"We have probable cause to believe that she is buried there," Dwyer said. "We also believe that there's maybe four to six other girls that have been reported missing that are buried there. We certainly are convinced we have the right area. It's just a sad type of situation."

In 2008, Arthur Ream led police to the area and the remains of Cindy Zarzycki who disappeared in 1986 after being lured to a Dairy Queen. Zarzycki had been dating Ream's son at the time of her disappearance. Authorities said Ream tricked her by telling her that he was planning a surprise party for his son.

Ream, 68, was convicted of first-degree murder and is serving life in prison. He already was serving time for a separate 1996 criminal sexual conduct case.
https://www.ourmidland.com/news/cri...near-where-cold-case-teen-s-body-12897030.php

I saw this story earlier. Is there a thread that is specifically about this ongoing search??

“I don’t want to, of course, be let down once again. … I’m trying not to get too hopeful,” Beyma, 55, told The Associated Press, “but the information that detectives are providing — and still providing again this morning — indicate that they are very close, they are very certain, and we are almost there.”

The search, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) northeast of downtown Detroit, began after police interviewed a prisoner, Arthur Ream, who was locked up in 2008 for the slaying of a 13-year-old girl. Cindy Zarzycki’s remains were found a decade ago near the same wooded area where big machines now are clawing the soil.
Ream has declined to speak to news media by phone, the Michigan Corrections Department said.

Beyma’s sister disappeared at age 12. She described Kimberly as a “little bit rebellious, a lot of a tomboy” who loved sports.

Beyma believes police will continue to work near 23 Mile Road and North Avenue until Tuesday. Bill Dwyer, police commissioner in Warren, Michigan, who is leading the investigation, said officers will also look at other areas, although he didn’t disclose them.
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/05...-remains-of-up-to-7-girls-in-macomb-township/

Cynthia Jocelyn “Cindy” Zarzycki
BIRTH 8 Jun 1972
Michigan, USA
DEATH 20 Apr 1986 (aged 13)
Eastpointe, Macomb County, Michigan, USA
BURIAL
Lakeport Cemetery
Burtchville Township, St. Clair County, Michigan, USA

In April of 1986 Cynthia Jocelyn Zarzycki, (better known as Cindy Jo to her friends and family) was a 13-year-old sandy haired girl living in Eastpointe, Michigan.

Cindy Jo loved playing softball and had even won a trophy for most valuable player on her team. Her parents were divorced and she lived with her father, brother and sister in East Detroit and still saw her mother frequently. She was a very sweet girl with a full life ahead of her, until it was taken from her...

LINK:
Cynthia Jocelyn “Cindy” Zarzycki (1972-1986) -...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KryYo
Back