MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Person of interest in Danielle Stislicki disappearance has bond lowered in Hines Park attack case

Galloway, 30, was being held on a $750,000 bond, cash only. However, Judge Mark Slavens agreed Thursday to lower the bond to $350,000, cash surety and no 10 percent. If released on bond, Galloway is ordered to remain on a GPS tether and under house arrest at his parents' home.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...source=facebook_WDIV_Local_4_/_ClickOnDetroit

Person of interest in Danielle Stislicki disappearance has bond lowered in Hines Park attack case

Galloway, 30, was being held on a $750,000 bond, cash only. However, Judge Mark Slavens agreed Thursday to lower the bond to $350,000, cash surety and no 10 percent. If released on bond, Galloway is ordered to remain on a GPS tether and under house arrest at his parents' home.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...source=facebook_WDIV_Local_4_/_ClickOnDetroit

I just saw this.

#@!?*&#! Sorry, what? :curses::cursing:

Judge Mark Slavens said he does consider Galloway a danger to the community due to the strangulation accusations.

First sentence he reduces it and by the second sentence he's admitting he thinks he is a danger to the community?

Well, it sounds like Judge Mark Slavens needs to find a new career... contradict yourself, much?

I'm sick!

This makes me absolutely ill. Lowered to $350k. If he gets out, he’ll have a gps tether at his parents home.

Snipped from the Hometown Life article:

“Dakmak said a recent bond recommendation listed it be set at $50,000, an amount he said would be a fair amount if Galloway were able to stay at his parents' house as offered. Being locked up in the Wayne County Jail, Dakmak said, does not help him with preparation for his upcoming trial.”

“"He needs to have that interaction with his attorney," Dakmak said. "He's not a threat to the community at large."
But Danielle Bennetts, a Wayne County assistant prosecutor, argued that Galloway was indeed a threat to society. She said he could be a flight risk, citing Galloway's unstable life the last few months, including a divorce lawsuit that had been filed by his wife in August. She said the bond was also set before the additional assault with intent to murder charge was added in Livonia.
"We really could have asked for the bond to be raised," she said.”

More at the link: http://www.hometownlife.com/story/n...alf-hines-park-sexual-assault-case/757267001/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another article....

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/10...uspected-in-danielle-stislicki-disappearance/

In court Thursday, Galloway’s attorney asked the judge to reduce his bond to $50,000, arguing that the $750,000 cash (no surety or 10 percent) required to secure his release ahead of trial was excessive. Prosecutors fired back, saying the amount was more than appropriate due to the nature of the charges. In the end, Judge Mark Slavens decided to reduce Galloway’s bond to $350,000 cash or surety (no 10 percent).....I believe that with the allegations that the people have put forth, the strangulation, repeated strangulation, and with regard to DNA with a young woman that he did not know at any point in time, I think it says to the court that he is a danger to the community,” he said. “I am going to reduce the bond, I’m going to grant your motion, but I’m not certainly going to go to anywhere close to the area that the bond report reflected.”

I just saw this.

#@!?*&#! Sorry, what? :curses::cursing:

First sentence he reduces it and by the second sentence he's admitting he thinks he is a danger to the community?

Well, it sounds like Judge Mark Slavens needs to find a new career... contradict yourself, much?

I'm sick!

It definitely seems like the criminals have more rights than the victims these says. SMH! :furious:

I hope everyone here knows me well enough to know I’m
Not pro
Floyd . I do think In THE CASE OF HINES DRIVE that this was a fair judgement on bail reduced. Research past cases with penetration as well as intent for murder and bail was lower. Murder where victim found in backyard is set at 750,000-1 million. Michigan suspect of 35 rapes set at this.
I’m not trying to offend anyone. I feel Bond was set high due to Dani and that’s not how the judicial system works. This is a separate case.
Truly saddens me. Please find Dani . Sigh

Have you seen the video of the proceedings? Prosecutor, defense attorney and judge all agreed that it would not be based on Danielle's case at all.

What saddens me is that it's more realistic for him to get out soon and be back on the streets. A tether doesn't make me feel that safe.

Another article....

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/10...uspected-in-danielle-stislicki-disappearance/

In court Thursday, Galloway’s attorney asked the judge to reduce his bond to $50,000, arguing that the $750,000 cash (no surety or 10 percent) required to secure his release ahead of trial was excessive. Prosecutors fired back, saying the amount was more than appropriate due to the nature of the charges. In the end, Judge Mark Slavens decided to reduce Galloway’s bond to $350,000 cash or surety (no 10 percent).....I believe that with the allegations that the people have put forth, the strangulation, repeated strangulation, and with regard to DNA with a young woman that he did not know at any point in time, I think it says to the court that he is a danger to the community,” he said. “I am going to reduce the bond, I’m going to grant your motion, but I’m not certainly going to go to anywhere close to the area that the bond report reflected.”

What does no 10% mean?

I hope everyone here knows me well enough to know I’m
Not pro
Floyd . I do think In THE CASE OF HINES DRIVE that this was a fair judgement on bail reduced. Research past cases with penetration as well as intent for murder and bail was lower. Murder where victim found in backyard is set at 750,000-1 million. Michigan suspect of 35 rapes set at this.
I’m not trying to offend anyone. I feel Bond was set high due to Dani and that’s not how the judicial system works. This is a separate case.
Truly saddens me. Please find Dani . Sigh

Then there is an issue with the whole system if thats how it works. A sicko is a sicko imo. Rape, murder, whatever it was, he is a still sicko.

He should have got the $1 mil. Not $750,000. And certainly not $350,000.

Then there is an issue with the whole system if thats how it works. A sicko is a sicko imo. Rape, murder, whatever it was, he is a still sicko.

He should have got the $1 mil. Not $750,000. And certainly not $350,000.

He has the right to a fair trial . or not it’s a system that does work for the people. I have faith justice will be served for the Hines Park victim and praying charges will soon be handed for Dani.

Catching up..
This makes me sick to my stomach. I pray he does NOT post bail. I highly doubt he could afford it.
Where are you Dani?!
Prayers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Catching up..
This makes me sick to my stomach. I pray he does NOT post bail. I highly doubt he could afford it.
Where are you Dani?!
Prayers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Seconding all of this, and lighting Dani's candle. I'm hoping (along with the rest of You!) that all of the love, prayers, and thoughts will guide her home.

attachment.php

Attachments

• burgandyCandleDani.jpg
    burgandyCandleDani.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 193
Have you seen the video of the proceedings? Prosecutor, defense attorney and judge all agreed that it would not be based on Danielle's case at all.

What saddens me is that it's more realistic for him to get out soon and be back on the streets. A tether doesn't make me feel that safe.
Some may remember the sex offenders who committed murders while wearing a GPS tether.
http://people.com/crime/jury-recomme...ps-device/amp/
If Danielle's murderer makes bail, don't be surprised if more women turn up missing.
With <modsnip> John Dakmak in the mix--manipulating judges, etc.--I for one have no confidence whatsoever in this country's legal justice system.

I second your thought's owl, its too painful to even consider, Dani, it's time to bring you home!

Some may remember the sex offenders who committed murders while wearing a GPS tether.
http://people.com/crime/jury-recomme...ps-device/amp/
If Danielle's murderer makes bail, don't be surprised if more women turn up missing.
With <modsnip> John Dakmak in the mix--manipulating judges, etc.--I for one have no confidence whatsoever in this country's legal justice system.
I find it very hard to believe he would post bond even with 350k. I do hope that he remains behind bars and also that Dani gets justice soon.

That said, in terms of Dakmak- what did I miss that makes him so horrible? I realize that defense attorneys as a whole are difficult to "like" but they do have a job to do and it is important that everyone has a right to representation. Judges also have an obligation to follow the law based on evidence presented and in terms of the charges in the Hines park case, the previous bond was very high compared to similar cases.

I want justice for Dani just as much as anyone but believe that requires that we allow the justice system to work.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

He has the right to a fair trial . or not it&#8217;s a system that does work for the people. I have faith justice will be served for the Hines Park victim and praying charges will soon be handed for Dani.

I don't believe he should have the right to anything. Other than a painful death. But then again, I side with the victim.

I don't believe he should have the right to anything. Other than a painful death. But then again, I side with the victim.
It isn't about not siding with the victim. We have a "guilty until proven innocent" justice system. We definitely want him behind bars until we get all the evidence but I'm not ready to talk about death... there hasn't even been a trial! Do you know what "trial by media" means?

It isn't fair for you to make it seem as though others are siding against the victim just because they respect the justice system. IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It isn't about not siding with the victim. We have a "guilty until proven innocent" justice system. We definitely want him behind bars until we get all the evidence but I'm not ready to talk about death... there hasn't even been a trial! Do you know what "trial by media" means?

It isn't fair for you to make it seem as though others are siding against the victim just because they respect the justice system. IMO.

I meant that the justice system doesn't side with the victim. IMO it doesn't anyway. No where did I say that anyone here doesn't side with the victim. <modsnip>

I agree with you. I've devoted my career to victim advocacy. I frequently am in court on behalf of the victim, prosecution, or AG. That experience has taught me that respecting the justice system and the process is vital in ultimately obtaining justice for victims.

Although I can identify with the angry emotions toward FG and other alleged offenders, I cannot act on emotion alone during testimony, work with the victim, etc as that actually has the opposite impact and works in favor of the alleged offender/defense.

Having an opinion is fine but vilifying someone to death publicly without all information isn't justice for anyone. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member