MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
..."Being held against her wishes" could be all sorts of things -- a psycho who just wants to keep her for himself because he believes he loves her, someone wanting ransom are two possibilities that seem unlikely to me but more likely than a ring that is going to sell her into slavery. JMO.

<respectfully snipped>

This is precisely the reason that I don't get the social media blitz. If her parents (and/or LE) believe that Danielle is being held captive, it's highly unlikely that she is out in public where someone will see her, recognize her from FB photos, or where she's able to attract attention by screaming for help.

Keep submitting ANY tips you might have a feeling about. Questionable posts on Facebook, Reddit, Websleuths, Backpages, Twitter, Instagram.

Not so sure that being linked to "questionable posts" on various websites is necessarily a boon for Websleuths. I've always felt that Websleuths strives to be above the fray with strong reliance on factual posting.
I took that more as an inclusive "report anything odd that may be seen anywhere online that could possibly lead to resolution. " Also could be in reference to reading comments about POI joining and possibly posting in prior cases. At this point it is hard to tell if this is a continued distraction to divert attention while they wait for forensics or if the investigation has truly hit a dead end and they are desperate for more tips.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Not different for me because I was in Ann Arbor/Ypsi...I'm kind of confused that I'm being told something that I experienced didn't happen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't trying to negate what your experience was/is. I was only stating you are correct...I live in Ann Arbor area, my group of friends are likely not the same group of people you are friends with etc...there are many factors in why I came to my own conclusion based on the facts that I know personally in my life not taking into consideration we all live different types of life styles. Apologies if you took it in a way that you felt I was questioning your thoughts on the matter.

I doubt that would bother them, it's unlikely they have a moral compass or compassion. Not to mention, most trafficking victims are missed ... someone's child, sibling, friend.

Still ... I don't think ST is what happened here.
I dont either. I think she was abducted but not for HT. Im still stumped by them saying at the beginning that they werent concerned with the reason she is missing but want to know she is safe. Either they think she was taken by someone known to her or they think she went willingly, at least at first. My theory is that she went willingly and kept against her will/or worse.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not different for me because I was in Ann Arbor/Ypsi...I'm kind of confused that I'm being told something that I experienced didn't happen...

I'm not telling you what you experienced didn't happen. Where are you getting that?
It was stated weed and how it's viewed/ delt with in the Ann Arbor area is different. I thought the poster meant different from many other towns here in Michigan. I added " very different " because I happen to agree with him/her..compared to a few towns I'm surrounded by, including my own, Ann Arbor IS " very different " in many ways when it comes to weed. ..buying, selling, smoking, dealing, etc.
Moving on...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

O/T, but, has that helped decrease the number of oxycodone prescriptions? In lots of states, oxy is the gateway to heroin and there is a huge epidemic of both. Seems like it would be a good solution -- can't imagine MJ smokers holding up CVS to get drugs (maybe Cheetos).

:laughcry::laughcry:

Hey everyone, I've been lurking in these forums for a few weeks but I've never posted. I can't get DS out of my head for some reason - I think it has a little bit to do with the fact that I work 2 buildings away from Metlife, and because just from what little I've seen from her social media stuff she seems like such a cool, funny girl. I cannot fathom what her loved ones are going through right now.

I've followed the threads pretty closely but admittedly I haven't read every post so I apologize if this has been suggested already. One theory that I have is that maybe Danielle reported FG to HR for making unwanted advances, and perhaps that's why he's no longer employed there? (I know no one has proven that he is a current or former Metlife employee, but it does seem like the consensus is that he is a former employee.) Maybe coupled with possible on-propery video/eyewitness accounts that's why they seemed to narrow things down enough that they twice searched a residence that he is tied to? That might also explain why Metlife offered up the award so quickly as well.

It's also possible that if she was being harassed at work, maybe she did tell her family and friends and that's why everyone is being so tight-lipped: Because they know FG is involved somehow and LE just wants to get all of their ducks in a row and not spook FG too much? And of course they just want to locate her and probably don't want to do or say anything to compromise the investigation.

Just some things that have been rattling around in my head. I really hope she comes home soon. :(

Hey everyone, I've been lurking in these forums for a few weeks but I've never posted. I can't get DS out of my head for some reason - I think it has a little bit to do with the fact that I work 2 buildings away from Metlife, and because just from what little I've seen from her social media stuff she seems like such a cool, funny girl. I cannot fathom what her loved ones are going through right now.

I've followed the threads pretty closely but admittedly I haven't read every post so I apologize if this has been suggested already. One theory that I have is that maybe Danielle reported FG to HR for making unwanted advances, and perhaps that's why he's no longer employed there? (I know no one has proven that he is a current or former Metlife employee, but it does seem like the consensus is that he is a former employee.) Maybe coupled with possible on-propery video/eyewitness accounts that's why they seemed to narrow things down enough that they twice searched a residence that he is tied to? That might also explain why Metlife offered up the award so quickly as well.

It's also possible that if she was being harassed at work, maybe she did tell her family and friends and that's why everyone is being so tight-lipped: Because they know FG is involved somehow and LE just wants to get all of their ducks in a row and not spook FG too much? And of course they just want to locate her and probably don't want to do or say anything to compromise the investigation.

Just some things that have been rattling around in my head. I really hope she comes home soon. :(

Welcome - great post!! :goodpost:

This was written in the weeks after Danielle went missing. Maybe hope is based a bit on MSM reports like the one below on HT in Michigan.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/tuesday-at-11-investigating-the-dangerous-world-of-human-trafficking
Yes, I'm sure that pays a role. For lack of a better word, HT is the big buzz word nationally right now. It is not a new concept. Those of us that work in fields related to helping victims of trauma have been dealing with this for years. The focus is helpful in raising awareness to the general public of the severity and risk to better recognize signs and minimize opportunities but it is being treated as a new phenomenon and numerous, unproductive task forces are popping up all over the place. From experience, multiple agencies and groups are doing similar things with very little collaboration or organization and potentially causing more panic than help within the general community.

I've been involved in stings in the Detroit area in a secondary capacity and I can tell you the victims are largely minor children/teens who are left unsupervised due to poverty (parents working multiple jobs, etc), abuse, neglect, parental absence due to substance use. These are often runaway youth or youth with prior abuse histories that are lured online, outside of their schools while walking home, at malls, neighborhood teen hangouts, etc.

It cannot be completely ruled out but DS does not meet the profile of a victim of any form of trafficking and I would be very surprised if that's what happened here. I do understand holding out hope she is alive and that at least with trafficking it is possible she may be spotted due to social media shares/blasts but it would not be the most likely scenario based on the information that has been presented.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm not telling you what you experienced didn't happen. Where are you getting that?
It was stated weed and how it's viewed/ delt with in the Ann Arbor area is different. I thought the poster meant different from many other towns here in Michigan. I added " very different " because I happen to agree with him/her..compared to a few towns I'm surrounded by, including my own, Ann Arbor IS " very different " in many ways when it comes to weed. ..buying, selling, smoking, dealing, etc.
Moving on...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It was stated that buying weed in the Ann Arbor area was different then what I explained that my friends and I did. But that's not true because it was in Ann Arbor. So it's not different because it was there. This doesn't have anything to do with anything now though I was just sharing my experience and was told that it was different for various reasons (things have changed in the past 5 years, it's michigan, it's different in the Ann Arbor area) only it was within the past 5 years, in Ann Arbor michigan. So yeah, my only point now I guess is you can't rule stuff out or disregard something just because you haven't personally experienced it.

I doubt that would bother them, it's unlikely they have a moral compass or compassion. Not to mention, most trafficking victims are missed ... someone's child, sibling, friend.

Still ... I don't think ST is what happened here.

Agreed

It was stated that buying weed in the Ann Arbor area was different then what I explained that my friends and I did. But that's not true because it was in Ann Arbor. So it's not different because it was there. This doesn't have anything to do with anything now though I was just sharing my experience and was told that it was different for various reasons (things have changed in the past 5 years, it's michigan, it's different in the Ann Arbor area) only it was within the past 5 years, in Ann Arbor michigan. So yeah, my only point now I guess is you can't rule stuff out or disregard something just because you haven't personally experienced it.

Class of '72 ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_Bash

I wasn't trying to negate what your experience was/is. I was only stating you are correct...I live in Ann Arbor area, my group of friends are likely not the same group of people you are friends with etc...there are many factors in why I came to my own conclusion based on the facts that I know personally in my life not taking into consideration we all live different types of life styles. Apologies if you took it in a way that you felt I was questioning your thoughts on the matter.

You didn't state I was correct. You stated that it was different in Ann Arbor area (lived in Ann Arbor for 10 years btw)...and that things have changed in the past 5 years (my experience was within the past 5 years). And that vodka and weed are the same (only not at all, sorry)....still not sure you were so quick to disregard my experience and explain why it was so absurd for various untrue reasons...anyway, it happens, and I know that for a fact. (admin snip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member