MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am new here and found Websleuths because of this case. I became interested because I used to live close to her area. And I have always been interested in investigation, everyone who knows me knows I am goid at getting info and finding out info on people. Curious mind. Definitely, should have been a PI!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Same here! I am new here too, I joined because someone stopped me at westland mall to ask me if my name was danielle. She didn't believe me at first that I was julia, not danielle

So I came home and googled the story. I live nearby, about a 20 minute drive from farmington hills, so the case has been on my mind alot.

Same here! I am new here too, I joined because someone stopped me at westland mall to ask me if my name was danielle. She didn't believe me at first that I was julia, not danielle

So I came home and googled the story. I live nearby, about a 20 minute drive from farmington hills, so the case has been on my mind alot.
Yep, I know right where you are, used to live in Westland and have family in area.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'm not local and honestly can't remember how I first heard about DS's disappearance, but possibly through a FB post that was shared. IMO, it's really the push by family and friends that seem to propel some of these cases more than others, keeping them trending on SM and maybe local stations that keep it a front burner. DS could be my daughter with a girl-next-door, fun loving personality and that relatability also may be why so many are drawn to her case and wanting her to be found safely. JMO

For one, I'm genuinely wondering if I'm missing something. Like everyone else on here I'm just trying to understand things. Secondly, I'm wondering if there is something about this case specifically that has everyone so fascinated or if it's more in how this case was presented that has got it so much attention. It would be great if there was a specific way the authorities and/or media could present cases to call the most attention to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why I'm following this case: I live in Oakland County, MI (Troy/Rochester), I'm a long-time member of Websleuths, and have decided to follow only local (Michigan) cases so I don't spend 24/7 sleuthing a variety of cases :D

Why I'm following: I have often thought about what a "profiler" would say about the cases I follow. Usually cases that are in locations where I've lived or know well, usually people I can relate to, people who could have been me now or in the past, and there has to be a "hook" -- some kind of mystery (not that the husband did it, obvs, etc.). Also, I tend to like cases where there's a decent amount of activity, so I'm not just musing alone by myself (though I have done that on some cases).

Initially the "mystery" aspect caught my attention - her car was parked at her apartment, purse in the car, didn't make
it to dinner.

When I heard her personality described then I was hooked. I am naturally drawn to the adjectives that described Danielle - words like fun-loving, best friend to everyone, kind, loved helping people.

Her family and friends "personalized" Danielle in a way that caught my attention.

I can only speak for myself but this case is local and specifically drew me to this site. The lack of information and continued local focus keeps me interested. I can't answer why other unsolved missing cases get less attention and don't see how that is relevant.

I am local also. Her employer, Met Life is our dental provider. I have friends on facebook that know her or the security guard that worked or worked at Met Life.

Her family and friends "personalized" Danielle in a way that caught my attention.

Exactly. Adding to it that the personalization came from old friends of mine who are adjacent to DS's group. I haven't lived in Michigan in almost a decade, but the activity on Facebook makes it seem so close.

About Metlife putting up a reward. I don't think it's unusual or there's anything suspicious. We had local girl go missing here and her company, national, put up money for reward a couple of days later. She was found murdered about a week later and the company donated the reward money towards her funeral. She had worked there 6 months I think. They considered her family like all their employees. No conspiracy or unusual reason for the reward.

As far as Danielle leave work times we've read, I put the blame on reporting and possibly their source. I was once reported as being somewhere and saying something I didn't by a friend's husband, grrr. Lazy reporter. My father died in a car accident and two local papers reported 2 very different places/reasons he was supposed to be driving home from when he wrecked. Remember, reporters are human, and some are sloppy.

May not mean anything at all as far as the exact time reported she left. If u ask two people what time I left work, I'm sure you'd get two times and my family would give you a third.

Just saying. I wish we had some concrete info, if just to avoid all the speculation and spinning our wheels... JMHOO

:gaah:

Danielle, where are you?

Why I'm following this case: I live in Oakland County, MI (Troy/Rochester), I'm a long-time member of Websleuths, and have decided to follow only local (Michigan) cases so I don't spend 24/7 sleuthing a variety of cases :D
Smart plan! I'm finding myself doing the opposite now and reading into other cases on WS, particularly those involving children. That paired with my professional career, it's amazing I don't live in a bubble out of fear. I'm going to have to step away at some point because my secondary traumatic stress symptoms are slowly increasing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Smart plan! I'm finding myself doing the opposite now and reading into other cases on WS, particularly those involving children. That paired with my professional career, it's amazing I don't live in a bubble out of fear. I'm going to have to step away at some point because my secondary traumatic stress symptoms are slowly increasing.

Totally agree. A lot of love and compassion is poured into these cases from all over. It sometimes can become so draining and depressing, I've had to step back. I just reconnected recently with word about Aliayah Lunsford case...and here I am again.....

So I was talking the case over with my ducks tonight, and I came up with a question (they have lots of opinions on things).

Where was she getting her duck fat for cooking from? If she loved cooking with it, chances are she would have brought some to cook for her friend. I don't believe my local large chains have it, duck yes, duck fat I haven't noticed or I would buy some. I'm in TX though.

Was she buying it from a local who butchered their ducks and they maybe delivered ? (My ducks are for eggs only)

It seems you can Amazon prime it, that leaves option for delivery driver. Maybe enough deliveries and chatting and someone got over friendly.

Do they sell duck fat in standard stores in Detroit area?

Doesn't account for house search unless he's the last one to walk her out and it's been unlucky since then.

I know no one knows if she ordered it or had dropped off but do the locals know of any stores that sell it?

I am local also. Her employer, Met Life is our dental provider. I have friends on facebook that know her or the security guard that worked or worked at Met Life.

Oh and my oldest son is a sergeant police officer in New Mexico and his dad is a local sergeant (Van Buren Twp) and I have always been interested in the psychological profiles of criminals.

So I was talking the case over with my ducks tonight, and I came up with a question (they have lots of opinions on things).

Where was she getting her duck fat for cooking from? If she loved cooking with it, chances are she would have brought some to cook for her friend. I don't believe my local large chains have it, duck yes, duck fat I haven't noticed or I would buy some. I'm in TX though.

Was she buying it from a local who butchered their ducks and they maybe delivered ? (My ducks are for eggs only)

It seems you can Amazon prime it, that leaves option for delivery driver. Maybe enough deliveries and chatting and someone got over friendly.

Do they sell duck fat in standard stores in Detroit area?

Doesn't account for house search unless he's the last one to walk her out and it's been unlucky since then.

I know no one knows if she ordered it or had dropped off but do the locals know of any stores that sell it?

Whole Foods sells duck fat and I believe the Papa Joe's in Rochester does as well. Possibly Plum Market? We have several high end grocery stores in this area so something like that wouldn't be super uncommon to find

Whole Foods sells duck fat and I believe the Papa Joe's in Rochester does as well. Possibly Plum Market? We have several high end grocery stores in this area so something like that wouldn't be super uncommon to find

I was just going to say whole foods and Trader Joe's I believe in Royal oak.

Dang it, well so much for that. I checked my local Whole Foods website (houston) and didn't see it, wouldn't mean it wouldn't be in the store. The local Krogers and HEB don't carry it I believe in Baytown or Humble.

I've been following Danielle's case from the beginning, partly because I'm a native Michigander. Also, I tend to gravitate toward cases with a lot of mystery and puzzle pieces to assemble ... this one certainly is that.

I was just going to say whole foods and Trader Joe's I believe in Royal oak.

I forgot about Trader Joe's. There's one right on Telegraph too.

I know the Elizabeth Hock case has been mentioned here and I apologize if this has been discussed in great length. I can't recall it or find an address for EH but saw reference to her living at IGA also. For y'all with great memories, is there any truth to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme