MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did! My husband and I dined at Bill Knapps (The old people's joint), played scrabble and were asleep by 9.
I suppose I was trying to compensate for the sleep I missed out on in my late teens!

Any thought provoking ideas about DS, SG or anyone else?

:lol: Few here can identify with the significance of your Bill Knapp's comment! I'm not ashamed to be part of that club and must say that DH and I miss BK. And, we don't mean Burger King ;)

<modsnip>

And were they able to subpoena the SG's phone records? I suppose it isn't difficult to determine where his phone was in that time frame.

Could DS have an unwanted pregnancy and disappeared on her own volition?

<modsnip>

These are the kinds of things we should ALL be exploring to do the proper job in this venue. Anything, everything. Grasp, grasp, grasp...
I think even if these questions could be answered, it's likely not going to be publicized... nor really should it. Within legal limits, everyone, and I mean, everyone, has their right to privacy. I get that your frustrated as we all have been but reaching out and theorizing at this point is a trip down the rabbit hole.

They have a good reason not to allow searches? Sorry, I gotta disagree. They had no idea what happened to Jessica Heeringa, initial composite sketches of a mysterious POI were way off base. Her killer was arrested for another case, Jessica was tied to him as an afterthought. Her body has still never been found.

In Sherri Papini's case, LE was just as shocked as everyone else when she turned up, so they had no idea, either.

TJ Allen's case is ongoing, so time will tell, but ground searches have been suspended, with the public strongly discouraged against searching.

The single most important thing the public can do is SEARCH THEIR PROPERTY.
Morgan Harrington was found along the perimeter of a farmer's field, had been there for a long time. Jennifer Huston was found in a grove of trees on private property.

I agree with the majority of your post. However, I highly doubt LE discourages anyone from searching their own property when these cases arise. But for people to go off and make their own searches with no organization or the knowledge of LE can lead to destruction of evidence, albeit unintentional. People out searching after dark or in a woods/etc. can get lost or hurt and take valuable resources away from the impending case. Once LE has cleared an area, we can search to our hearts content, but until then it can be more harmful than helpful. Not always, of course. For me, the key to any search would be "Organization' === not just a haphazard here-and-there look through.

JMO

The Mattress. It's a sticky situation, pun unintended. Suppose results come back and it's proven DS was in an Oxford St bed. How does one prove unrequited love. People are interviewed, opinions are shared but how does that help the prosecutor without evidence that a crime was even committed. "Why did you lie to us? Why did you tell us she was never in your house?" The suspect talks about his marriage. Can you really arrest this guy and put him in jail for hindering the investigation. And if you can legally do it, do you? I know people have been prosecuted in the past, charged and convicted of murder even though a body was never found but is there enough circumstantial evidence in this case. If LE knows 10 times more facts then we do, it isn't saying much. This case is weird. I hope they find Danielle. But sometimes I think without a corpse, nothing will be resolved.

Very possible. There might be stuff LE could find showing stalking--phone pings near her apt., complaints logged at work or even with friends, but that wouldn't prove automatically that the stalker abducted her. Though a fair assumption. But that coupled with evidence that the victim was harmed in said person's home gets a lot closer. And evidence that that person returned her car--maybe that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: Few here can identify with the significance of your Bill Knapp's comment! I'm not ashamed to be part of that club and must say that DH and I miss BK. And, we don't mean Burger King ;)

You are a very funny person! Wondered if anyone else here was my age. Remember the free chocolate cake. We were 24 or so back then. I think we celebrated 24 birthdays a year there!

I think even if these questions could be answered, it's likely not going to be publicized... nor really should it. Within legal limits, everyone, and I mean, everyone, has their right to privacy. I get that your frustrated as we all have been but reaching out and theorizing at this point is a trip down the rabbit hole.

Thanks for understanding my frustration. No need to talk about the lack of information. I want more than anything right now for this girl be found.

I miss Bill's bean soup!!! And chocolate cake!!!

Sorry just catching up.. I agree the no name guy seems very uncomfortable and scared JMO

With all due respect, he is not a "no name" guy. His name is John Wygren. His name is mentioned in the article and shown on the video.

Holocene, I respect and admire how hard it must be for you to constantly stick up for DS's friends. This is a crime forum and sadly, no matter how many times you nicely ask people to stop saying things that you find hurtful, those same thoughts are most likely going to brought up many more times by new posters and people that continue to theorize, probably for as long as DS is missing. So with all due respect, maybe this site isn't the healthiest place for you to be at this time? Or, if you feel comfortable, give us your two cents... what do you think happened?

I think it's been said we don't have the exact text wording. It was a paraphrase from a distraught mom at a press conference answering a journalist. I think the point was she was not just that she was running home BUT that was the last text she sent so it gave a time line for things before LE discovered other information that led to the SW

It's near impossible to dissect something with no transcript

Yes! Having been an English Language/Literature major in college, and having taught high school English (language arts, Literature, writing) and Journalism, words are very important to me. I would like to know for certain what the text from DS to her friend said because different renderings of the text result in different interpretations. Like I always told my students: :"Say what you mean. And, mean what you say." It makes a difference in the way that your words are interpreted. :moo:

Got it! Interesting! So you think when she has plans to go there, she packs a bag and when the decision is made the same day, she likely has not. That makes sense. We probably all do that. And that's helpful since it could mean it was a last minute decision--which brings us to WHY!

But I've seen it posted that she'd made plans with the friend prior to this day. So why wouldn't she already have an overnight bag?? That is really bugging me.

I don't feel comfortable speculating at this point. The facts we have been given seem strongly suggestive in one direction. That being said, I still don't know enough to speak to it succinctly in one way or another, especially since the POI could still potentially be innocent. If that is the case, that family is also being put through hell (which they are regardless of guilt).

I have no problem being here. What I do not appreciate is being referred to as a "sissy" simply because I'd prefer to stick to the facts and what I know about Danielle personally. The fact that other people, as you said, will continue to come here and post the same negative things is why I choose to return.

I understand and agree with what you are saying. It can be hard to bring up tough albeit valid questions without it seeming somehow offensive to someone. IMO, I think a lot of your questions are warranted, especially at this point in time. Fact is, DS is a stranger to us (assuming, maybe not to all here) We only know her through her SM, she's basically captured our hearts from day one and that's why we are all still here. Everyone has secrets, everyone has a past. Questioning that is in no way derogatory to her character, it's just opening the idea that maybe other things were going on in her life that were never alluded to in SM. The problem is, without any insight or proof, we could come up with a gazillion and one different scenarios that could be argued on and speculated out for another 8 threads.

I agree with you just said. No one is perfect and if I were abducted I would want LE to turn over every rock based any hint of evidence they found. Whether that meant I was a secret swinger, drug addict, made racial slurs that offended people, whatever.) To me that is different than random strangers speculating about things like that with zero hints even pointing in those directions. We can list alllllll the possibilities of why a person might go missing and stab in the dark (sex addiction and a Tinder date gone wrong, affiliations with a cult) it is truly endless. It's not offensive and truth is stranger than fiction. But a lot of people on WS try hard to think critically and so I hope that if someone doesn't necessarily partake in that kind of free for all it doesn't mean they shouldn't be here. Scroll and roll as they say!

I don't feel comfortable speculating at this point. The facts we have been given seem strongly suggestive in one direction. That being said, I still don't know enough to speak to it succinctly in one way or another, especially since the POI could still potentially be innocent. If that is the case, that family is also being put through hell (which they are regardless of guilt).

I have no problem being here. What I do not appreciate is being referred to as a "sissy" simply because I'd prefer to stick to the facts and what I know about Danielle personally. The fact that other people, as you said, will continue to come here and post the same negative things is why I choose to return.

Thanks for your reply. I understand how you feel. I can't imagine how hard it is dealing with this while being on the defensive. Stay strong.

Thanks for your reply. I understand how you feel. I can't imagine how hard it is dealing with this while being on the defensive. Stay strong.

Thank you very much! I sincerely appreciate that.

But I've seen it posted that she'd made plans with the friend prior to this day. So why wouldn't she already have an overnight bag?? That is really bugging me.

Maybe she was going to spend the night but go home and change clothes in the morning before work? Idk

Btw. There's a difference between spending the night and simply crashing out for the night.

Because I have had friends crash out on the couch while knowing that I had to wake them up at a certain time in order for them to be up and gearring out the next morning for required engagements already announced by them .jmo

Now lets say that DS and friend was going to sip wine and eat whatever while talking about whatever.

This could be considered as I will rest here. But just wake me up at said time. Jmo

I can think of a few possible reasons why she would not have an overnight bag already packed. Perhaps she needed to go to the apartment and pay her rent being it was the 2nd of the month. Maybe she needed to feed her cat. It's possible she was expecting something in the mail or a UPS or FedEx package considering Christmas was not far off. The point is, if she had a reason to stop back at the apartment, no matter what that reason may be, she may have figured she would just throw her bag together when she was there.

I'm compelled to respond to this...Because the friends reporting time is brought up, does not mean that someone is obsessed...

And I will agree with you, people do things differently.

Now let's look at the facts:

During the news conference, Danielle's own mother said "this is not a person that wouldn't show up."

"This was a very important meeting to Danielle..." Meeting, dinner, etc. whatever it was, mama Ann was adamant about the importance.

Now in theory, if you've been friends with somebody for 10+ years....You know the character of that person. It's been clearly defined that Danielle is not a "no show" flakey kinda gal. I have some friends that are flaky if they no-show, I wouldn't think twice about it. But close friends, that have an established integrity and pattern around their communication.... RED FLAG all day long.

So ,I'm sorry if it seems obsessive that people keep coming back to the friend... But, boy is there a big gap of time for a whole lot to have gone wrong and no one would know otherwise...At least not until 6 PM the next night.

I haven't heard from LE who is a suspect or a POI in this case... And although Holocene says LE has left said friend alone, i'm not necessarily convinced.

I'm not trying to create upset or be disrespectful, but Holocene is a VI, it may be very hard to accept some theories... Especially, if it's a friend.

It's likely that formal complaints at work would hold more weight in a court of law than testimonials from her friends. Chances are the friends could not produce any physical evidence. A lot written off as hearsay. An employer must keep the written record on file. At least they have a legal responsibility to do so. This is a tough one. Without proof that a crime was committed in the house , I wouldn't want to be the prosecuting attorney. I doubt the positioning of the car aids in a legal manner. But I don't know much about law. Nope, very little.

But I do wonder, why didn't the friend contact the police. I read a comment which implied she was suppose to show up at the house.
Maybe someone has already considered this?

I'm compelled to respond to this...Because the friends reporting time is brought up, does not mean that someone is obsessed...

And I will agree with you, people do things differently.

Now let's look at the facts:

During the news conference, Danielle's own mother said "this is not a person that wouldn't show up."

"This was a very important meeting to Danielle..." Meeting, dinner, etc. whatever it was, mama Ann was adamant about the importance.

Now in theory, if you've been friends with somebody for 10+ years....You know the character of that person. It's been clearly defined that Danielle is not a "no show" flakey kinda gal. I have some friends that are flaky if they no-show, I wouldn't think twice about it. But close friends, that have an established integrity and pattern around their communication.... RED FLAG all day long.

So ,I'm sorry if it seems obsessive that people keep coming back to the friend... But, boy is there a big gap of time for a whole lot to have gone wrong and no one would know otherwise...At least not until 6 PM the next night.

I haven't heard from LE who is a suspect or a POI in this case... And although Holocene says LE has left said friend alone, i'm not necessarily convinced.

I'm not trying to create upset or be disrespectful, but Holocene is a VI, it may be very hard to accept some theories... Especially, if it's a friend.

Funny, I was just pondering the same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse