MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ! I have been so enlightened today by learning more about technology and how it can help or haunt us . Good info thank-you for sharing

It's kind of scary when you think about it. Before too long, emloyers are going to require it to assess your productivity and insurers will require it to assess your health and whether you've slept enough to drive, etc. Everything in moderationtion and some of the tech is really neat (I just got a Wifi scale and a Fitbit which work great for keeping track of things!) but they have like bluetoothwater bottles now that keep track of how much water you drink and stuff... yikes. Over the top! And totally off topic here, my bad.

Family said Danielle's phone is pay as you go. Usually people do that for limited text and phone. Data is or used to be pretty expensive on pay as you go. Have wondered why she went with that plan. I used to do that and used a pc for anything other than phone calls and text.
But now have upgraded to Galaxy S7 with unlimited data.

She could have Cricket, Straight Talk, or something similar. They are the same as Verizon/ATT/etc (even use the same towers), but without the contract. Data is included in those plans. She probably went with it because it's cheaper. NBD.

Thank you this. IMO, also important to note that LE announced they believed DS was a victim of a crime on Dec. 19th (after the initial search) and seized the mattress and vehicles on Dec 22nd. BBM

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/12/search_for_missing_farmington.html

http://www.wxyz.com/news/security-g...issing-danielle-stislicki-of-farmington-hills

[/SIZE]
Add this to your summary:

"Exigent circumstances are exceptions to the general requirement of a warrant under the Fourth Amendment searches and seizures. Exigent circumstances occur when the a law enforcement officer has a probable cause and no sufficient time to secure a warrant.
Courts look at the time when the officer makes the warrantless search or seizure to evaluate whether at that point in time a reasonable officer at the scene would believe it is urgent to act and impractical to secure a warrant. Courts may also consider whether the facts suggested that the suspect was armed and planning to escape, whether a reasonable police officer would believe his safety or others’ safety was threatened, and whether there was a serious crime involved.
Exigent circumstances may also occur when the police is in hot pursuit of a suspect who is possibly involved in criminal activities and in the process of fleeing."

source: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/exigent_circumstances

Employment hours are used to determine FMLA eligibility.

My belief/opinion is that this is not the first time this perp has committed a crime similar to this. I believe the perp is local and has came into contact with these women as acquaintances. I also believe he thinks he is capable of getting away with these crimes and will continue to prey upon women. I believe he uses training he has recieved to subdue them to feel he has more authority and control. For example maybe such training as a security guard. My opinion is this person feels he won't ever be held responsible. I feel he may be very well liked in his circle of friends (he may even seem charismatic) and uses this as his security(no one would suspect him). I suggest anyone who may have ANY suspicions (his family or friends) to call in anonymously. You may be saving the life of someone close to you. You may unknowingly have information that may lead to the whereabouts of this missing young lady.

I have a Jeep Patriot latitude- uconnect is not standard.

just catching up and see the posts about Jeep's, gps, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My belief/opinion is that this is not the first time this perp has committed a crime similar to this. I believe the perp is local and has came into contact with these women as acquaintances. I also believe he thinks he is capable of getting away with these crimes and will continue to prey upon women. I believe he uses training he has recieved to subdue them to feel he has more authority and control. For example maybe such training as a security guard. My opinion is this person feels he won't ever be held responsible. I feel he may be very well liked in his circle of friends (he may even seem charismatic) and uses this as his security(no one would suspect him). I suggest anyone who may have ANY suspicions (his family or friends) to call in anonymously. You may be saving the life of someone close to you. You may unknowingly have information that may lead to the whereabouts of this missing young lady.
Expound upon this. What about the SG makes you feel this is the case?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I guess. I don't get it though.

Say he is the guilty party.

Why bring her all the way to your house?
If she was driving (say he asked for a ride home), that may have been the first spot he could safely incapacitate her without causing an accident. Or maybe this wasn't planned, and he invited her in for some reason and things went downhill from there. Or, he may not have taken her to his home, but LE had cause to believe that evidence would be found at the house.

Family said Danielle's phone is pay as you go. Usually people do that for limited text and phone. Data is or used to be pretty expensive on pay as you go. Have wondered why she went with that plan. I used to do that and used a pc for anything other than phone calls and text.
But now have upgraded to Galaxy S7 with unlimited data.

Aren't there texting apps that use WiFi so it doesn't count against your data? Depending on how she uses the phone, it could have been a lot cheaper.

If she was driving (say he asked for a ride home), that may have been the first spot he could safely incapacitate her without causing an accident. Or maybe this wasn't planned, and he invited her in for some reason and things went downhill from there. Or, he may not have taken her to his home, but LE had cause to believe that evidence would be found at the house.

I think he may have used some kind of a ruse to get into her car, but he may have gotten her under his control very quickly. What I keep coming back to is, why wouldn't she let her friend know that she was doing--that she was going to be delayed. It may be that the SG didn't let her. He may have initially lied and told her he lived near IGA (or needed a ride in that general direction), but then once he was in her car, he may have pulled a gun and forced Dani to drive to Berkley.

I think he may have used some kind of a ruse to get into her car, but he may have gotten her under his control very quickly. What I keep coming back to is, why wouldn't she let her friend know that she was doing--that she was going to be delayed. It may be that the SG didn't let her. He may have initially lied and told her he lived near IGA (or needed a ride in that general direction), but then once he was in her car, he may have pulled a gun and forced Dani to drive to Berkley.

I think trying to speculate this far down the rabbit hole without more facts is sort of misguided.

We don't know who took her. I've heard grumblings that the apartment wasn't eligible for evidence collection because of the amount of traffic that was allowed in and out of it before it was treated as an actual crime scene.

All we know is, her car was parked where it should have been and from there, it's really anyone's guess.

I tend to think that unlike what her Dad stated at the press conference that she didn't just "walk off," that she did. I think that she assumed the good in people, wasn't in a perceived threatening situation and did indeed willingly leave with someone. To me, it makes the most sense.

I have posted this before in previous threads, but pay as you go isn't necessarily a worse plan in terms of data etc. At the time that we switched to it from a plan it was cheaper- only reason we did. But you have to buy the phones so we spend $6-700 on iPhones but don't have a contract. Each phone is $40 a month with att (auto pay saves you $5). That gives each phone unlimited text unlimited calls and 4G of data- with rollover each month. If you use all your data you switch to the slower speed data, but never actually run out so it's "unlimited" in a way.

Anyway at the time (many years ago) this was cheaper for us. We have had iPhones since the beginning- we aren't poor, but we are cheap LOL. I can see a younger person going this route and buying a cheaper phone to save money.

I know we discussed this at length in earlier threads- don't want to beat a dead horse, but just saw some comments relating to data etc. and if she had a Fitbit and was online pretty regularly I would assume she had a data plan- paying for data is pricey.

Edit- for my own curiosity since I hadn't looked it up in a while- it looks like we are only saving $10 a month doing this LOL. At least with att family plans with comparable data. Up until recently though we didn't all have phones my 11 year old just got one. So maybe we will switch one day, but for now it's nice to not monitor my kids data and run out of my own because of them LOL (I'm sure they've already thought of that and there are limits for each phone etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what fitness apps you have it linked with. There was a young girl murdered in Armada 2 summers ago and it was her fitness app that lead the cops to the killed. I think the fit bit type device would need to be in sync mode, though.

I remember that case in Armada. So sad for her family.

I had no idea her FitBit helped find her killer. Good to know those things can help with finding a person.

So my FitBit tracking theory isn't too far fetched. I was up late last night reading as much as I could on FitBit apps when all I should have done was wait till morning and read this.

The thought of the GPS on FitBits and knowing she had one just got me hopeful it may be a way to find her.
I'm sure LE knows about FitBit features since it has helped in other cases.

Can they get her phone records without her consent.
I only ask because the mp os usually on parents plan or family.
This is different.

Depends on what fitness apps you have it linked with. There was a young girl murdered in Armada 2 summers ago and it was her fitness app that lead the cops to the killed. I think the fit bit type device would need to be in sync mode, though.

April Millsap and it was her phone with the Fitbit app that they used to track his route, she did set her Fitbit before taking her walk. But he dumped the phone along the way. It gave them a great picture of his partial route away from where he killed her. It also led them to her backpack he disposed of. They also had video(IIRC from a home)that was on the route of what the Fitbit app showed. They showed that video to the public and had a composite sketch they also showed to the public. They knew the who quickly in that case.

The Fitbit and phone app was a huge help in that case. It still took them some time to actually arrest him and charge him for her murder. But they already had arrested him on something else and he was already in jail, when they charged him for her murder.

James VanCallis was convicted and now serving life in prison for Aprils murder. For the purposes of solving crimes tracking devices come in handy.

April Millsap and it was her phone with the Fitbit app that they used to track his route, she did set her Fitbit before taking her walk. But he dumped the phone along the way. It gave them a great picture of his partial route away from where he killed her. It also led them to her backpack he disposed of. They also had video(IIRC from a home)that was on the route of what the Fitbit app showed. They showed that video to the public and had a composite sketch they also showed to the public. They knew the who quickly in that case.

The Fitbit and phone app was a huge help in that case. It still took them some time to actually arrest him and charge him for her murder. But they already had arrested him on something else and he was already in jail, when they charged him for her murder.

James VanCallis was convicted and now serving life in prison for Aprils murder. For the purposes of solving crimes tracking devices come in handy.

Considering that the fitbit would need to sync with her phone, and her phone was shut off so quickly in time with her disappearance; I think this not going to be of much help.

Considering that the fitbit would need to sync with her phone, and her phone was shut off so quickly in time with her disappearance; I think this not going to be of much help.

Didn't say it would be in Danielle's case, it's right up there for me with her cars Black box as helping at this point. I was merely replying to someone's else's post who brought up Aprils case.

My posts are disappearing or I'm messing up. I wanted to state that there is no way a judge would sign off on a search warrant without proof of probable cause. Illegal search and seizure would open up the police department to costly litigation. The process is not as casual as some are making it seem. A warrant was obtained because evidence and cicumstances lead to a belief that a crime was committed.
Following that, LE announced that DS was a victim of a crime, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61