MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, if you don't suspect drugs have any involvement in this case, how do you rationalize the involvement of the DEA?

I just don't think drugs are the culprit here.
To me this was personal.
Anger probably.

Not a drug deal gone wrong.

Out of curiosity, if you don't suspect drugs have any involvement in this case, how do you rationalize the involvement of the DEA?

I think the DEA was called in, with the hopes of being about to find drug charges on those people who might have been involved. Bring them in on the drug charges then maybe they can get them to talk about Dani.

Just a couple of things still rolling around in my head about LE building a case.

1. The vehicles that were taken. I'm assuming that they haven't been released back yet. They said several from the Berkeley house, correct? I think if we knew whose vehicles were taken, we (the public) would have a better idea why they were taken. SG? A family members? A friend's?

2. The cell phone pings. I think the answer lies there. We really don't know where she was from the time she left work until her phone went radio silent at 7:00pm that evening.

I'm so impatient and heartbroken for the Stislicki family. I'm sure the lack of forthcoming info from LE just means that they're trying to build an airtight case without actually having located Dani.

Here is the MI kidnapping law:

750.349 Kidnapping; "restrain" defined; violation as felony; penalty; other violation arising from same transaction.
Sec. 349.

(1) A person commits the crime of kidnapping if he or she knowingly restrains another person with the intent to do 1 or more of the following:

(a) Hold that person for ransom or reward.

(b) Use that person as a shield or hostage.

(c) Engage in criminal sexual penetration or criminal sexual contact prohibited under chapter LXXVI with that person.

(d) Take that person outside of this state.

(e) Hold that person in involuntary servitude.

(f) Engage in child sexually abusive activity, as that term is defined in section 145c, with that person, if that person is a minor.

(2) As used in this section, "restrain" means to restrict a person's movements or to confine the person so as to interfere with that person's liberty without that person's consent or without legal authority. The restraint does not have to exist for any particular length of time and may be related or incidental to the commission of other criminal acts.

(3) A person who commits the crime of kidnapping is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for life or any term of years or a fine of not more than $50,000.00, or both.

(4) This section does not prohibit the person from being charged with, convicted of, or sentenced for any other violation of law arising from the same transaction as the violation of this section.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(cx...eg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-349

That's a bummer.
It looks like MI's definition of kidnapping is a lot more specific and restrictive than SC's definition.

All the more reason for LE to be diligent about collecting and preserving information and evidence to ensure any arrest ends with a conviction.

I'm confident LE knows a lot more than we think they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bummer.
It looks like MI's definition of kidnapping is a lot more specific and restrictive than SC's definition.

All the more reason for LE to be diligent about collecting and preserving information and evidence to ensure any arrest ends with a conviction.

I'm confident LE knows a lot more than we think they do.
BBM

I agree 100%. Still, it's incredibly frustrating not knowing what they know and not knowing how long of a wait there could be.

I am convinced that this will end with the SG doing life. Unfortunately, LE doesn't always comprehend that "justice delayed is justice denied," and they move more slowly than they need to.

Despite Michigan's restrictive kidnapping law, I have no doubt that prosecutors will be able to make kidnapping charges stick, with the motive being criminal sexual penetration. As noted in the law, kidnapping is punishable by life in prison.

I asked on the FDS facebook page what the name of Danielle's cat's name is and was told Adelaide - I have a kitty and so does my son. Such a cute name. I am a local and extremely agitated they have not found her yet. I have shared her poster and news articles on my fb page. Friends at work that know I follow missing cases (amongest others) are also now sharing too. Sleuthing other places/sites too on my own time.

In my opinion, not about drugs, affair, etc. A S.G. that took friendliness too far. Anger, control etc took over. Most likely not sorry afterwards but panic to get things cleaned up and back to normal.

Tonight at work, we had to call EMT for one of our team-members in class today. Afterwards the EMT got into my personal space (flirting - he was not my type and creepy). I stepped back. He kept stepping closer and was telling me stuff about the team-member. Um dude, what about Hippa - told him I didn't want to know about her personal issues, those should be private.

I talk to Danielle's missing signs when I see them on I 696 and I 75 on my way to and from work on the expressway. Asking her to please, please give us a sign of where she is at. Like a daughter I never had. (I have 3 wonderful sons ages 32, 30 and 14). I think of her every day.

No offense but um what exactly is the point here? I can appreciate we get impressions of people by looking at pictures... but to say pictures of her in her Easter dresses and then refrence the video and say she's a "rizzo" is just well I'm sorry it's just rude. It's been made clear on here that her family members are on here. I'm sorry but I just feel this post was in bad taste.

No offense but um what exactly is the point here? I can appreciate we get impressions of people by looking at pictures... but to say pictures of her in her Easter dresses and then refrence the video and say she's a "rizzo" is just well I'm sorry it's just rude. It's been made clear on here that her family members are on here. I'm sorry but I just feel this post was in bad taste.

She further explained herself. It was taken way out of context.

I asked on the FDS facebook page what the name of Danielle's cat's name is and was told Adelaide.

In my opinion, not about drugs, affair, etc. A S.G. that took friendliness too far. Anger, control etc took over. Most likely not sorry afterwards but panic to get things cleaned up and back to normal.

Since you don't think this was pre-planned, do you think he had help covering his tracks?

Maybe TheSaint wanted everyone to watch the video and that was it? He/she did not tell the rest of us what to think. Only after repeated questions were his/her impressions noted.

Every person has different aspect to their personality, wardrobe, attitude etc depending on the situation and company they are in. That doesn't mean they're keeping secrets necessarily, nor does it mean that people know them as well as they think, nor does it mean that people don't know them

She further explained herself. It was taken way out of context.

I actually don't think that talk was misunderstood or taken out of context. The neuroscientist in me is absolutely horrified by the fact that we form not just impressions, but judgments of worth, intelligence, trustworthiness, etc. of people based on their physical appearance and the way their voices sound which impacts things like lifetime earnings and likelihood to be found guilty in a trial. There is a gigantic body of supporting research, and it's terrifying to see an example of that play out in real time.

I asked on the FDS facebook page what the name of Danielle's cat's name is and was told Adelaide - I have a kitty and so does my son. Such a cute name. I am a local and extremely agitated they have not found her yet. I have shared her poster and news articles on my fb page. Friends at work that know I follow missing cases (amongest others) are also now sharing too. Sleuthing other places/sites too on my own time.

Tonight at work, we had to call EMT for one of our team-members in class today. Afterwards the EMT got into my personal space (flirting - he was not my type and creepy). I stepped back. He kept stepping closer and was telling me stuff about the team-member. Um dude, what about Hippa - told him I didn't want to know about her personal issues, those should be private.

I talk to Danielle's missing signs when I see them on I 696 and I 75 on my way to and from work on the expressway. Asking her to please, please give us a sign of where she is at. Like a daughter I never had. (I have 3 wonderful sons ages 32, 30 and 14). I think of her every day.

Superb post !

It is because of the integrity and compassion of people such as yourself, Lmustang, that I joined Websleuths.

You are a wonderful person and there - I've said it!

Since you don't think this was pre-planned, do you think he had help covering his tracks?

I do.
But I don't believe the person knew they helped him until well after the fact.

I actually don't think that talk was misunderstood or taken out of context. The neuroscientist in me is absolutely horrified by the fact that we form not just impressions, but judgments of worth, intelligence, trustworthiness, etc. of people based on their physical appearance and the way their voices sound which impacts things like lifetime earnings and likelihood to be found guilty in a trial. There is a gigantic body of supporting research, and it's terrifying to see an example of that play out in real time.

Again, I believe it was an honest misunderstanding. I for one expected her to have a high pitched, flowery voice simply because of what I have seen in a flat 2 dimension picture. When I saw the first video and her voice was deeper and a little husky (yes I understand she just woke up) it threw me and I was like, huh that's amazing.

No judgement was passed for gosh sakes! I think the voice of sandy was expected and a deeper Rizzo-esque sound was heard. It was a true sound comparison that is being way too overblown from belle to a biker chick.

I think it needs to be let go and keep the thread positive and helping Dani. Psycho analyzing the people trying to keep her thread pushing forward isn't going to keep open dialogue forDani.

See I agree with you. That's what I got out of it too. And bottom line regardless of her appearance.. voice whatever... she's missing

And no one said any differently or said now that I hear her voice I'm not bothering with this case anymore....come on people this makes no sense. I don't get it at all.
Keep it civil to keep it open!

So are your thoughts that it was a planned abduction from the start? Just curious. Are you seeing it as a crime of passion or retaliation? I've wondered about the possibility of a second location that the SG may have taken DS where others were present. Possibly against her will at this point. JMO

ETA Sorry, I think I misunderstood your comment and you believe he had help, not that it was planned. I also believe there was someone else involved.

I do.
But I don't believe the person knew they helped him until well after the fact.

So are your thoughts that it was a planned abduction from the start? Just curious. Are you seeing it as a crime of passion or retaliation? I've wondered about the possibility of a second location that the SG may have taken DS where others were present. Possibly against her will at this point. JMO

ETA Sorry, I think I misunderstood your comment and you believe he had help, not that it was planned. I also believe there was someone else involved.

No I don't believe it was planned or premeditated.

I think the reason she went missing is someone got angry at her and things got out of control. This was personal.
But that's just my 2 cents.

Hi Eileen730,

Your 2 cents makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads