MI MI - David Cole, 16, & Timothy Fowler, 17, Lenawee County, 10 May 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is an article from 2009 that states that the fire was started in the Kitchen which was next to the bathroom where the boys were. Makes me think someone may have said something.

http://m.lenconnect.com/article/20090510/NEWS/305109984

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wait a sec. I thought they were locked in the bathroom vs sought refuge.
And isn't 17 old for sophomores? They flunked 2 grades?

We may be joined by a family member with the screen name of "Kim Spencer." I have exchanged a few messages with her and she is able to clear up the few discrepancies we have. She will try to post today.

The property where the house burned is on Pieh Hwy...only a few miles outside of Deerfield. The boys went to Deerfield School. The two boys only lived less than 2 miles from each other.

I am Tim's sister. He was 17 and David was acutally 16 when this crime occurred. They were both sophomores, my brother Tim, was held back in grammar school.

They were there to spend the night. After asking Tim's parents over and over, they finally gave in and let them go down there. We are unsure how the suspects knew they were alone.

Thank You, they were not bad kids. My brother had a girlfriend and the girlfriend was not faithful (we found this out after). She received phone calls stating that if she talked the same thing would happen to her. She has been requestioned. She conveniently "forgot" about this until she was shown a picture of the crime scene. I don't know what else I can say to defend these two.

Thank you for coming here and helping us sort out some things, kimspencer. We will do all we can to support your family in finding answers. If there is anything else you can suggest, please do so. I have shared the story on FB and on the local Monroe Talks forum.

The "girlfriend" forgot??????? I doubt very much that would leave my mind for the rest of my life, but I imagine she must have been very scared. Hopefully, now that she is an adult she will be more open and helpful.

Kim: Thank you so much for joining us here, and my heart goes out to you. I applaud your courage and determination to find justice. So many of these cases do get solved when someone finally has the guts to speak up, their conscience doesn't let them sleep at night, or they face a major catastrophe in life. Don't give up hope.

I'm still struggling with the idea that these two young men were murdered in such a heinous fashion over some girls. We have all certainly heard of boys slugging it out over a girl, but this defies all explanation. I absolutely believe firmly there is much more to this than girls. I am not suggesting these were bad boys, I am suggesting we look at other possibilities.

Without naming names, someone please characterize these suspicious people from the neighboring town. Where have their lives led them? If you have a person who is able to burn people alive, they don't stop at one criminal act. It is an evil in their very DNA that will surface over and over until society stops them.

Officials seek information in 1982 arson cold case

Officials say the two-story home was fully engulfed with flames by the time fire crews arrived.

Source:

http://www.wtol.com/story/32254395/...son-cold-case?clienttype=generic&sf29020177=1

Information sought in 1982 fire deaths of 2 Michigan teens

Cole and Fowler were found dead in a windowless bathroom in the house in May 1982.

Authorities said the bathroom was locked from the outside.

The newspaper also reported that five good suspects were developed, but two of them have died and one is in jail.

Source:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/06/30/david-cole-timothy-fowler-deaths/86576996/

I hope you're right Roses. I would bet most of Petersburg would sigh a deep breath of relief.

I hope you're right Roses. I would bet most of Petersburg would sigh a deep breath of relief.

Oddly enough dmc, I think this same cause runs through a couple other threads you and I participate on. There seems to be a long standing, and significant drug issue with the Monroe county and surrounding area. At least that is how it seems....

Yes it certainly does, sadly.

I had done some digging into some old newspaper articles and there was a huge drug bust within a week of the boys murders, about 50 people in Gaylord, Michigan. Additionally a woman from Indiana washed up on the shore of Lake Erie near monroe this same week. She was a Jane Doe for years. Seems she was last heard of being taken to rehab and never went.

Probably a coincidence, but it seems there was a lot happening during this time.

30 years later, authorities ID 'Monroe County Jane Doe 1982':

http://www.wtol.com/story/19076785/30-years-later-authorities-id-monroe-county-jane-doe-1982

9ec4654cd3127704c72d879264b8cd1d.jpg

dfe0e831c6e01a0321edfd793b5aceed.jpg

That's an excellent find dmc. Indeed a lot going on on that area..

thanks for the archived article, DMC!! I can better accept this was over some sort of drug connection than a girl.

It sounds like LE has some POI's, and a few PWK (person with knowlege). It also sounds like a couple key players have died over the years. How did they die? Car accident, suicide, violence, ?
Apparently one of the POI is in jail at the moment; where are the others? Sounds to me like LE is turning up the heat, and someone's memory might just improve.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back