MI MI - Dean 'Deanie' Pyle Peters, 13, Grand Rapids, 5 Feb 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are quite a lot of rumors, accusations, etc. on the facebook page. Some of the more interesting tidbits:
That afternoon, 3 teenage boys in letterman jackets were yelling and pounding at the janitor's door. The janitor did not let them in or speak to them since he didn't know who they were.
The main suspect in the case was friends/worked with the older brother of Dean's female classmate (who was in the altercation with Dean).
Rumor is there was a group of older boys including the main suspect that was in a car that ran her over. This group of boys have "talked" to people over the years about this.
Someone witnessed Deanie on the way to the bathroom talking to another girl roughly the same age.

One of the girls in the altercation/boy in question/group of suspciously connected kids had a relative in LE. This relative was at one point in charge of the investigation. Rumor of the missing diary went missing under this LE watch.

SO, if all these facebook rumors can be believed it seems like: Deanie and a couple of girls at school were angry with each other. A older group of guys, including the brother of one of these girls, accidentally (or on purpose?) ran over Deanie*. Perhaps some of them ran to get help but when help wasn't forthcoming, panicked and hid her? A LE officer related to one of the perps got rid of some evidence.

* I think this would be hard to do in a crowded school parking lot. It makes more sense to me in this scenario if Deanie was lured or hustled into the car somehow and taken somewhere. A prank that went out of hand?

Anyways, the fb site is worth checking out. It seems like a lot of people think they know what happened.
Hopefully something legit pans out.

10 Cases Of Students Vanishing From Their Schools

8- Deanie Peters

On February 5, 1981, 14-year-old Deanie Peters was attending her younger brother’s wrestling practice at Forrest Hills Central Middle School in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She told her mother she was leaving to use the restroom, but she never actually arrived there and was last seen walking out the gymnasium door. She left all her money and personal belongings behind at home. Over the years, there were some potential suspects in her disappearance, including the school custodian and two girls with whom Deanie had a physical altercation two days before she vanished. However, the most promising suspect turned out to be Bruce Bunch, who was a junior at Forrest Hills at the time Deanie disappeared.

Bunch had a history of being violent and abusive and was overheard saying he had killed Deanie. One female acquaintance claims that on the night of Deanie’s disappearance, Bunch was acting frantic about accidentally hitting a girl with his car in a school parking lot. Though he never mentioned the name of the girl or the school, Bunch and some accomplices reportedly buried the victim under a pile of rocks somewhere. Unfortunately, before he could be properly investigated, Bunch died of a heart attack in 2008. Authorities have publicly announced that anyone who may have helped Bunch dispose of Deanie’s body would not be prosecuted if they came forward with information. However, no one ever has, so Deanie Peters’ fate is still a mystery.

http://listverse.com/2013/07/11/10-cases-of-students-vanishing-from-their-schools/

Oh gosh.. This is such a frustrating case . I wish they would do a prime time show on this case .. Offering immunity to anyone who is hiding the truth. Ugh .. Praying

Oh gosh.. This is such a frustrating case . I wish they would do a prime time show on this case .. Offering immunity to anyone who is hiding the truth. Ugh .. Praying

I think they are close to finding out who it is, but with the suspected person deceased, it makes things more difficult. I still feel people associated with him do know what happen, and they have been hiding it for all these years. They may have even been there when the "hit and run" happened, supposedly in the parking lot. Whether this is true or not, we will never know unless someone comes forward. I pray they do to at least give her parents her remains.

Today marks 33 years since Deanie vanished from her a wrestling tournament at a middle school. Prayers & thoughts for her family on this difficult day. And to those people who know where Dean is & aren't coming forward, shame on you!!!

I still think of Deanie so often. Someone knows. The statute of limitations over for anyone with KNOWLEDGE. Please tell!

Authorities have said they won't charge anyone who has information on the whereabouts of Deanie's remains. At this point, they just want to find her for her elderly parents. They will only charge someone who had a direct role in murdering Deanie. I think they were hoping this would make it easier for the people who know to come forward.

Thinking of Deanie & her family this Easter of 2014. I truly hope her parents can find her before they pass.

Today marks 35 years since Dean Marie Pyle Peters went missing.
medium_peters-300.jpg

There are quite a lot of rumors, accusations, etc. on the facebook page. Some of the more interesting tidbits:
That afternoon, 3 teenage boys in letterman jackets were yelling and pounding at the janitor's door. The janitor did not let them in or speak to them since he didn't know who they were.
The main suspect in the case was friends/worked with the older brother of Dean's female classmate (who was in the altercation with Dean).
Rumor is there was a group of older boys including the main suspect that was in a car that ran her over. This group of boys have "talked" to people over the years about this.
Someone witnessed Deanie on the way to the bathroom talking to another girl roughly the same age.

One of the girls in the altercation/boy in question/group of suspciously connected kids had a relative in LE. This relative was at one point in charge of the investigation. Rumor of the missing diary went missing under this LE watch.

SO, if all these facebook rumors can be believed it seems like: Deanie and a couple of girls at school were angry with each other. A older group of guys, including the brother of one of these girls, accidentally (or on purpose?) ran over Deanie*. Perhaps some of them ran to get help but when help wasn't forthcoming, panicked and hid her? A LE officer related to one of the perps got rid of some evidence.

* I think this would be hard to do in a crowded school parking lot. It makes more sense to me in this scenario if Deanie was lured or hustled into the car somehow and taken somewhere. A prank that went out of hand?

Anyways, the fb site is worth checking out. It seems like a lot of people think they know what happened.

Yeah, I heard about this scenario too. But, I agree - who wouldn't see something happen? Surely people were in & out being a wrestling match.

It's cases like these, where someone just disappears so quickly around a lot of people or somewhere in public, that really leave me confused. How does this happen so easily & where could her body have been dumped fairly quickly without being found - if she was hit like rumors say?

35th anniversary of Deanie Peters' disappearance - still no closure

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/investigations/35th-anniversary-ot-deanie-peters-disappearance-still-no-closure/33293281

It's become one of the longest-running mysteries in West Michigan. What happened to Deanie Peters - the Cascade teenager who disappeared without a trace - 35 years ago tonight.

WZZM traveled to Prescott, Arizona in December 2012, and had a chance to interview Deanie's mother, Mary, and step-father, John Peters.

"The only thing I can say is, if you know anything, please come forward and let us know because we'd like to bury our daughter, know where she is and know what happened to her," said Mary Peters in 2012. "I don't know what else to say, just that I wish that they would come forward because somebody knows something."

During its investigation, Cold Case members say they have pin-pointed individuals still living in the Ada-Cascade area who know what happened to Deanie Peters, and where her remains are, but they continue to not cooperate with authorities.

THANK YOU! It is very frustrating in a lot of these cases when the links are expired and the person who posts them doesn't summarize what used to be there. This cleared up some of the other comments I have seen on this thread and the FB but had nothing to relate to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back