MI MI - Detroit, BlkFem 18-22, UP11951, in alley, stretch marks, scar, Sz 8 shoe, clothes, Sept'67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
original.jpg

For decades, investigators have hoped that someone will come forward with information about Jane Doe Detroit.

On September 30, 1967, a woman's body was located in an alleyway behind 3613 Liddesdale Street. Her death was listed as a homicide, however, her cause of death has not been made public.

It was determined that Jane Doe Detroit had been recently murdered so her facial features were clear and identifiable in her post-mortem photo. However, in five decades since her death, no one has come forward to claim her remains.

Jane Doe Detroit's age is estimated at between 18 to 22. She stood five feet four inches tall. Her dark brown/black hair was styled in a short afro and she had brown eyes. She had a thin frame and was approximately 105 pounds. There were stretch marks on her abdomen, an old healed vertical line scar on her right shin that was said to be under her knee

The young lady was wearing a white wool cardigan and a bright red sleeveless dress that fell above the knee with white fishnet stockings. She also had on a short pink peacoat and one black cloth shoe that was size eight. Her dental information and fingerprints are on file, but her DNA is not.

Anyone with information regarding this case or who may think they know this woman who met an unfortunate fate is urged to contact their non-emergency local authorities or the Detroit Police Department at (313) 267-4600 or their local authorities.

LINK:

Jane Doe Was Found In A Detroit Alleyway In 1967

I can only find two cases of missing black African American women that were reported as missing before 1967 in NamUs. One would have only been 8 in 1967, the other would still be too young, but close:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I doubt it's her, but other than that, it would appear this young woman wasn't reported missing, or under reported.
In the end, did you send Adele? I think it might be worth it

Here are the Cold Case units in Michigan and their points of contact:

Detroit Police Department
Homicide Section/Cold Case
Sgt. Odell Godbold
(313) 596-1644

Kent Metro Cold Case Team (Grand Rapids)
(616) 632-6123

Michigan Attorney General Cold Case Task Force
AGCriminal@michigan.gov

Michigan State Police
Cold Case Task Force
(517) 336-7782

LINK:
Cold Case Squads and Other Organizations

The Grande Ballroom also had some shows.

Grande Ballroom

2 most recent. I believe the 30th had the bigger bands (I was able to find some info on them)

September 29, 1967 Grande Ballroom, Detroit, MI (The Apostles, Eastside Orphans, Happiness Tickets)

September 30, 1967 Grande Ballroom, Detroit, MI (MC5, The Spike Drivers)

September 30, 1967 Grande Ballroom, Detroit, MI
Wait there is a black female who went missing after a game... wish I could remember
Wait there is a black female who went missing after a game...

Ah, I was thinking of Antoinette Diane Wilson. Couldn't possibly be a match to her. Damn..

On Sept. 30, 1967, the body of a homicide victim was found in an alley behind a home on Liddesdale Street in Detroit.

She is described as a Black woman, 5′4′' tall, and weighed 105 pounds. She had short, black hair, and brown eyes. There were stretch marks on her abdomen and an old healed vertical linear scar on her right shin under her knee. She had a thin build.

She was wearing a fishnet hose (thigh highs), a pink short peacoat, a short, above-the-knee bright red sleeveless dress, and a white wool sweater cardigan. She was wearing one size 8 black cloth shoe.

A photo of the victim is available online through NamUs.

Anyone with information should contact Detroit police at 313-596-1800. The agency case number is HF 67-7260.

Here's a colorized version of her photo, with some adjustments to make her appear more how she may have looked in life:

Attachments

• janedoedetroit02.JPEG
    janedoedetroit02.JPEG
    126.5 KB · Views: 8
  • janedoedetroit03.JPEG
    janedoedetroit03.JPEG
    158.5 KB · Views: 6
  • janedoedetroit04.JPEG
    janedoedetroit04.JPEG
    157 KB · Views: 5
  • janedoedetroit05.JPEG
    janedoedetroit05.JPEG