Found Deceased MI - Douglas Dougherty, Amanda Pomeroy, and son Justin, 7m, Bay City, 12 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Turnuptime

Reaction score
Bay City Public Safety Capt. Nathan Webster said Amanda A. Pomeroy and Douglas M. Dougherty have not been seen or heard from since Jan. 12. The couple lives in Bay City but had been visiting family in or around the Rose City area when they were last seen, Webster said.

“The biggest issue is they have their 7-month-old with them and they haven’t been heard from,” Webster said. “Their family says that is unlike them.”

Police looking for missing Bay City couple and infant son

Family looking for answers after couple, seven-month old child go missing

Last edited by a moderator:
Endangered missing advisory issued for Bay City couple, 7-month-old infant

upload_2021-1-22_22-46-50.jpeg

Police issued an endangered missing advisory for a Bay City couple last seen on Jan. 12.

Douglas Dougherty and Amanda Pomeroy were reported missing from Bay City on Saturday. They were last seen in the Standish-Sterling area on Jan. 12 and maybe traveling with their 7-month-old infant, Jacob Dougherty.

They have not returned phone, social media and other messages. Police believe the couple may be traveling in a pewter 2006 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck with license plate EJB0041.

Anyone who sees them should call 911 immediately.

More information from the parents of DD:

Family of Bay City couple gone missing also worried about couple’s baby boy traveling with them

Dougherty says the couple dropped their 9-year-old daughter off at a friend’s house in Sterling that night around 10:30, but Dougherty says a manager at a Shell gas station in Rose City saw Pomeroy at 6:25 a.m. on Wednesday.

Dougherty says the couple does have a history of drug addiction, and she’s worried they were under the influence when they disappeared, traveling with their infant son. Her grandson’s name is Jacob Dougherty, and he’ll be turning eight-months-old on Thursday.

“That baby doesn’t deserve this stuff. I don’t know what’s going on, but you shouldn’t be involved if they did want to take off. If they wanted to do what they wanted to do. That’s okay, but don’t involve the baby. That’s just not right right now. I wouldn’t be standing here if that baby wasn’t involved,” Dougherty said.

Family: missing Bay City couple, infant found dead in Northern Michigan

Tragic new details in the search for a missing Bay City family: all three, including an infant, are now believed to have been found dead in the woods of northern Ogemaw County, according to the mother of one of the victims.

There, a property owner discovered three bodies believed to be 35-year-old Douglas Dougherty, his 32-year-old girlfriend, Amanda Pomeroy and their seven-month-old son Jacob Saturday afternoon near a large wooded area.

Investigators responded to the scene off Rose City Road in Rose City, where family told ABC12 they found their car stuck on a boulder.

I can't quite make sense of this yet. Did they hit the boulder with such an impact to cause fatal injuries to all three? If they hit a boulder and survived, wouldn't they exit the vehicle to find help? Sad outcome. I hope their families can find some answers. moo.

If they were going to use drugs in the car, they wouldn't want a 9 year old watching. The infant won't know what's going on. Doesn't explain the boulder, though.

They cared about what it looked like to the children, but not about how good of a carer/supervisor you are to a baby if you're using drugs? Makes no logical sense. Of course, I'm not a drug user, so maybe I just don't know.

They cared about what it looked like to the children, but not about how good of a carer/supervisor you are to a baby if you're using drugs? Makes no logical sense. Of course, I'm not a drug user, so maybe I just don't know.
Well, big kids can tell others that you're using, which could bring all sorts of consequences. Infants can't.

I can't quite make sense of this yet. Did they hit the boulder with such an impact to cause fatal injuries to all three? If they hit a boulder and survived, wouldn't they exit the vehicle to find help? Sad outcome. I hope their families can find some answers. moo.
I read that they called someone and said they were stuck on a trail days ago. But then they didn't answer their phone. So no fatal injuries from a crash.

A snowmobiler spotted a vehicle matching the description in the missing person report, according to police. Deputies at the scene found the family of three outside the vehicle, which had become disabled.

Anyone with information is asked to call Ogemaw County Sheriff’s Office at 989-345-1111 or the Bay City Public Safety Department at 989-892-8571.
Missing family of three found dead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back