Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Were the dogs incorrect in their tracking of the trail back to the highway?

As I understand it, it was one (retired) dog six days later, and yes. It looks like the dog was dead wrong or half-right (in not catching the scent *back* from the road's edge to the fence).

Sent from my Lite-Brite modded to run Free BSD.

RIP, Teleka. Today is indeed a sad day, but at least her family and loved ones will now know her fate.

Wow, this is one case I prayed and prayed that Teleka would show up alive and well. Reading her tweets, we got to know and care for her. Look at all she's done in her short life, and what she would have done in the future....

I am comforted by the fact she was quite religious, and am sure she is in a wonderful place now.

So what evidence does this show for the dog search " repeatedly to the highway and stopping cold"

I never had confidence in the dog search

But there were so many claims of their confidence

I wondered if the initial start was off of the car was removed before the dogs even attempted to lead their search

Family and all you prayer warriors are still in my prayers

Been gone all weekend and sure not what I wanted to come back and read. how far was she found from her car? Wonder if she wandered into it or took her life?

Not far. It is my belief she wandered, or ran (being afraid of someone following her perhaps, in her own mind) and it was accidental.

:(

MOO

Didn't they search Lake Charles using sonar? I guess it didn't detect the body, or the body entered later and is not TP! The description seem to fit, dark top and bottom. Will they perform an autopsy?

I think the sonar must have missed her or there was user error. The dog was clearly not a perfect tool either.

I've just followed too many cases where the body is found later in an area that had already been searched to be surprised by this or to conclude anything other than she was there all along, and LE was imperfect with their search. They are human, a week had passed. It happens.

LE cleared the blood spattered bathroom of the vacant apartment where Jorelys Rivera was bludgeoned ... thought the blood spatter was fecal matter.

I don't think this is the first time a body of water has been 'cleared' only to have the body turn up when it finally floats to the top, or the lake is drained.

I had long suspected she'd be found near her car, succumbed to the elements. I think she was on the run from her delusional fears, either slipped in the lake and drowned accidentally, or she tried to hide in the water/underwater while the police--who she may have erroneously believed were MS's henchmen--searched around her car with their flashing lights and guns on their hips....or she walked into the lake under the guidance of the voices she was hearing.

We may never know. But I predict no foul play will be found. And I predict LE will review their search methods and find ways to improve.

I dont think they can officially say its her until an autopsy is performed. Most likely it is her unless there are others dressed in black clothing that ended up in Lake Charles. Was really hoping Teleka beat these odds and managed to survive. Such a sad ending. I hope people will leave Mr Sapp and his family alone. As bad as this sounds, they can now quit looking over their shoulder wondering if she is watching them. Her illness not only tormented her but affected their lives also. For Teleka, she no longer has to battle these demons. Teleka I really believe is in a better place. Through all the tweets we read, no matter the obsession with MS and the demons she was battling inside her head, one thing was so obvious. Her love for God and her desire to live life the best she could for Him. I will never forget you Dr Patrick. You taught me so much and made me want to be a better person. RIP.

You seem familiar with the area...the pictures showing LE taking her body out of the lake depict a completely thawed lake, no signs of lingering ice....do you know how long it has been thawed?
I have no idea on how long it has been thawed. The reason I seem familiar with the area are the hours I spent pondering and researching the surroundings where her car was found. One of our members went to the site and took great photos for us which helped to get a greater view. She also took a photo of the fence where it appeared to be lower for Dr. Patrick to get over without much effort in the area of her vehicle.

It could have been partially frozen...she could have walked on the ice to some lights up ahead and fell through. With clothes and a coat on, pretty impossible to get out even with help.

Someone here who seems to know the conditions said it was around 50 in the previous days and that the lake was not frozen.

don't believe the pond was frozen ta the time. The two days before the disappearance it was in the 50s temperature wise there

Does anyone remember reading back many threads ago that the banks leading into the lake were quite steep in the section NEAREST the interstate?. She may have tumbled into the lake and succumbed to hypothermia based on the water temperature that dark evening. I always thought that she was in the lake and that her "other hair" would be the first item to be found.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Were the dogs incorrect in their tracking of the trail back to the highway?

If I remember correctly LEO's when discussing the dogs were very specific in their wording.

I do not have the direct link but recall linking their exact statements back at the time of the searches a number of times.

The officer who gave the statements said the dogs traced a scent from he interior of the car to the roadway and then they lost the scent. He went on to say that may (or seemed) to indicate Teleka had possibly taken a lift with someone.

But I have always believed that due to the lag in time form her car being located (unidentified as hers), towed, impounded and then the dogs brought in a week or so later, that the dog followed the scent of the last person in the driver's seat. Or became confused when someone else's was the predominant one in the seat.

I think a) someone saw her car abandoned on teh side of the road and went to check it out, possibly even sitting in the driver's seat while looking for any IDing info in the glove box to explain why it was there.

or b) the tow driver sat in the driver's seat at some point and it was his scent being followed back to the roadway and his tow truck.

Patrick's car ended up in a ditch about 30 to 40 feet off I-94, but didn't crash, Indiana State Police Sgt. Rick Strong told CNN on Thursday.
Investigators used dogs to track the driver.

"(The dogs) indicated that whoever was in that vehicle ... tracked back to that roadway" roughly 30 feet from the car, Strong said.
The dogs sensed no trace after that.

"We have scoured, searched, and looked at everything we could possibly look at -- all the exits, all the businesses, all the hotels," Strong said. "We posted fliers, we talked to neighbors (who live near the highway). We did a full-blown on-the-ground search in the wooded area north of where the car was."
"We looked everywhere" but have so far come up empty, he said. http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/19/us/michigan-indiana-doctor-missing/

I have no idea on how long it has been thawed. The reason I seem familiar with the area are the hours I spent pondering and researching the surroundings where her car was found. One of our members went to the site and took great photos for us which helped to get a greater view. She also took a photo of the fence where it appeared to be lower for Dr. Patrick to get over without much effort in the area of her vehicle.

So this is not what she would have encountered? Has it been cut down...I don't see a fence and this is where her car would have been. I'd love to see the pictures ..

I hope I do this right. We should remember her as happy (whatever the reason) and beautiful, both physically and spiritually.

A thousand years - YouTube

Sent from my Lite-Brite modded to run Free BSD.

I think the sonar must have missed her or there was user error. The dog was clearly not a perfect tool either.

I've just followed too many cases where the body is found later in an area that had already been searched to be surprised by this or to conclude anything other than she was there all along, and LE was imperfect with their search. They are human, a week had passed. It happens.

LE cleared the blood spattered bathroom of the vacant apartment where Jorelys Rivera was bludgeoned ... thought the blood spatter was fecal matter.

I don't think this is the first time a body of water has been 'cleared' only to have the body turn up when it finally floats to the top, or the lake is drained.

I had long suspected she'd be found near her car, succumbed to the elements. I think she was on the run from her delusional fears, either slipped in the lake and drowned accidentally, or she tried to hide in the water/underwater while the police--who she may have believed were MS's henchmen--searched around her car with their flashing lights and guns on their hips....or she walked into the lake under the guidance of the voices she was hearing.

We may never know. But I predict no foul play will be found. And I predict LE will review their search methods and find ways to improve.

My thoughts exactly and very well written. This is a very sad day. RIP Dr Teleka Patrick. Another smart, beautiful, kind-hearted person taken away too soon by the delusions and paranoia stemmed from mental illness.

I still believe Bryce Laspisa who went missing August 2013 without a trace is in Castaic Lake even though that lake was searched.

SMH. That was Carlin-esque....

Really?

:banghead:

I can't say or type what I think about Carlin and his uninformed comments. Manners first, as my mother taught me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Damn!!!!!!!!!

I echo your feelings Sstar, I just saw the news while catching up on the Malaysia thread and feel like I just ran over here as fast as I could. Holy moly, I so didn't want this to be her ending even though it seemed the most likely. After how well we feel we got to know her through her social media, what a heart blow.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm balling. I'm so, so sad for her. We need young women doing what she was doing. We need mental illness to not be stigmatized.

When I looked at the pic of Lake Charles and the blue bag...............I just can't.....I'm so heartbroken.

I knew given her situations that it was likely suicide, but in the beginning and lately I was trying to figure out different scenarios since so many searches were done and nothing, including the dog.

THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest in Peace, beautiful Teleka. I have come to care for you so much. I hope wherever you are that you're at peace and not hearing voices and feeling bad...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm balling. I'm so, so sad for her. We need young women doing what she was doing. We need mental illness to not be stigmatized.

When I looked at the pic of Lake Charles and the blue bag...............I just can't.....I'm so heartbroken.

I knew given her situations that it was likely suicide, but in the beginning and lately I was trying to figure out different scenarios since so many searches were done and nothing, including the dog.

THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest in Peace, beautiful Teleka. I have come to care for you so much. I hope wherever you are that you're at peace and not hearing voices and feeling bad...
I don't think it was suicide at all. I believe it will be found to be an accidental drowning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn
Back