MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo Media & Map Links - no discussion please

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The family of Teleka Patrick has now hired the investigator who has been handling the search for Mary Land. It’s the latest twist in the ongoing search for answers in Teleka’s disappearance.

According to Jim Carlin of Justinian Investigative Services in Battle Creek, Teleka’s parents returned to Kalamazoo this week and met with him for several hours. As a result of the meeting, Carlin says, it is the objective of his agency to work closely with law enforcement.

Carlin is well known for his efforts in bringing closure to family of Mary Lands, a missing mother from Marshall, who has been declared legally dead. The month of March will mark the 10th anniversary of her disappearance.

http://fox17online.com/2014/01/03/t...ry-lands-investigator-for-help/#ixzz2pLuztQ8z

The parents of missing Kalamazoo doctor Teleka Patrick have fired the services of the Kalamazoo private investigator and hired services out of Battle Creek.

Justinian Investigative Services announced late Thursday they have been hired to take over Patrick's case.

snip

Patrick's family tells us they have been advised by the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Department that the release of this information could have a negative impact on the investigation into her disappearance.

And Justinian Investigator Jim Carlin tells us too many people have given interviews that included misinformation in the case.

Read More at: http://wwmt.com/shared/news/feature...cks-family-hires-new-investigator-17087.shtml

Court documents in Kent County show that sheriff’s investigators in Kalamazoo were aware of Sapp’s personal-protection order against Patrick just days after she disappeared. Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. William Sparrow requested a copy of the personal-protection order and affidavit Dec. 10.

snip

Patrick’s sister, Tenesha Patrick, said Thursday that Teleka has never been diagnosed with any type of mental illness and nothing in her past prompted concerns that something was wrong.

In response to the developments, Patrick’s parents, Irene and Mattahais Patrick, issued a statement saying that, despite the recent discoveries, their focus is on finding their daughter.

What Patrick’s family has learned since Dec. 5, however, has left her family with a lot of questions, Tenesha Patrick said.

“I think it’s clear that there are facets of Teleka’s personal life that the family wasn’t aware of,” Tenesha Patrick said. “... We know that she’s under a lot of stress in her program.

“I guess hindsight being 20/20 ... maybe I missed something.”

Irene and Mattahais Patrick, who have spent several days in Kalamazoo since their daughter’s disappearance, returned to Michigan on Thursday following a trip home to Florida for the holidays.

After returning to Michigan, the family terminated the services of a Kalamazoo private investigator, Carl H. Clatterbuck III, and has hired Jim Carlin, a Battle Creek private investigator who runs Justinian Investigative Services.

Carlin has investigated the disappearance of Mary Lands, a Marshall woman missing since March 2004. Lands was declared dead in 2011.

Tenesha Patrick said it is frustrating that information about her sister's past has surfaced, but "we still have no new information" about her whereabouts.

“The fact of the matter is she’s still missing and we still have no tips or leads about where she might be. ... I cannot lose hope that she is still alive and I will not lose hope until I am told and shown otherwise.

“It’s looking less likely that she’s OK, but with every breath that is left in my body, I refuse to believe that she’s dead.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo...ly.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Natalie Wilson: I want people to remember that Teleka Patrick is still #missing - #FindTeleka | Black America Web

http://bit.ly/1hlY8fv

Has audio of interview

01/03/14- Jacque Reid goes “Inside Her Story” with Natalie Wilson, co-founder and CEO of Black and Missing Foundation, about the latest surrounding Teleka Patrick‘s disappearance.

It is very sad to see the family continually deny the obvious. And she herself had the same view as her husband clearly stated. Something was very wrong and the denials are only making things worse. She violated a serious PPO. She must be located, and the people in danger are Mr Sapp and his children.

And whether or not she fled to Indiana and fled her job her car, she is endangered missing that is what the family should b focused on! Instead it's denials. That's sad.

Are there snow plows along that road, and are there drifts frm the plows? If u live near could you Hv me an estimate plz of how much snow between the Fifth of dec and now? Tia, If he has family in Indiana believe me, she knows this. The releasing of the public info is a good thing that will hopefully push her out of hiding if she is alive. I believe she is on the run and knows she is in deep dodo as well. On that video she said, I don't gv up easily. This so concerns me now. Totally.

Calderon has not been questioned by Indiana State Police or the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office, according to police.

Patrick's sister, 27-year-old social worker Tenesha Patrick, said she was unaware of any mental diagnoses Teleka may have had but appreciated Calderon coming forward.

snip

Tenesha Patrick was disappointed to hear that investigators had not interviewed Calderon.

"I know that his name was given to detectives. ... He wasn't interviewed, and that's definitely unfortunate," Tenesha Patrick said. "He felt he needed to bring his perspective to the story. We're definitely thankful that he shared this perspective and vocalized that."

Tenesha Patrick added that Calderon had never voiced concern about Teleka Patrick's mental state throughout the marriage.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-doctor-disappearance-teleka-missing/4301859/

Ex-Husband Of Missing Doctor Says She Has Troubled Past
Airdate: 01/03/2014

snip

He told INSIDE EDITION, "I begged her to get mental help. When I urged her to get help, she told me she didn't need help and that I was trying to destroy her career."

snip

INSIDE EDITION's Jim Moret asked Calderon, "What do you think has happened to Teleka?"

He said, "I believe there are predators out there. I believe that a predator would easily deceive someone who is desperate."

The doctor told her ex that the film A Beautiful Mind, which tells the story of a brilliant but deeply disturbed genius, was also her story. She gave him a copy of the film.

snip

In another video from a few years ago, she was recorded singing "Happy Birthday" to Calderon, who is nicknamed Smiley. Dr. Patrick even wrote a love song about her husband. A line in the song is: "You are my symphony."

An email Dr. Patrick sent to Calderon when she wrote that song sheds light on their troubled marriage. Calderon read the email to INSIDE EDITION. In it she wrote, "I am not a safe person, and how are you supposed to be emotionally intimate with me and share things with me if I am not a safe person?"

snip

Sapp wrote, "I have at least 100 pages of correspondence from her which I have never responded to."

Calderon said, "I am not surprised because Teleka did the same thing to me."

So, where is Dr. Teleka Patrick? Her ex-husband fears the worst. He said, "No one knows where she is at and that is not like Teleka."

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/7572-ex-husband-of-missing-doctor-says-she-has-troubled-past

Despite these reports of odd behavior, Natalie Wilson, a co-founder of the Black and Missing Foundation, said it’s best to remember that Patrick is still unaccounted for.

“The videos and information which have surfaced gives a snapshot of Teleka Patrick’s mental state prior to her disappearance,” said Wilson. “However, despite the recent developments, we must remain vigilant in finding her so that she can receive the help and support she needs.”

Patrick’s ex-husband issued a similar plea: “That’s why I think this is really important that we bring awareness that this is not just some doctor that’s just trying to get away. This is someone that was suffering,” Calderon said. “This is a red alert.”

And Patrick’s family also issued a statement asking the public to focus on their missing daughter:

There are so many details that have been revealed during the course of this investigation that confuse and hurt us all the more. We would like to thank Ismael Calderon for coming forward and giving us some insight as to what Teleka may have been thinking/ experiencing on the days leading up to her disappearance. We have the utmost respect for him. Regarding the YouTube videos that have been found, we do not have any information as to who or what she is referring to. We have had no indication of a recent significant other, besides a relationship that ended early this year.

Regardless of Teleka’s emotional state, we believe wholeheartedly that she has encountered some harm or danger. It is unlike her to go any significant length of time without any contact with family or friends…….The fact that Teleka’s car was found with a flat tire on I-94 has not changed. The fact that she has not been seen since December 5th has not changed. These are the facts that frighten us. Teleka is missing and we want whoever has her or has harmed her in any way to come forward.

http://newsone.com/2824874/teleka-p...straction-family-asks-public-to-stay-focused/

To help visualize the area around I94 where her abandoned car was found, I've attached maps and street view pics from Google Earth.

Map overview of the area with some landmarks noted including the mile 23 marker

Street view of the mile 23 marker to establish the location.

Also included an overhead of the Borgess Medical Center in Kalamazoo including the parking lots.

Added a Bing Birds Eye view from the opposite angle. Looks like Winter foliage. Notice how close a path and the parking lot is to where the abandoned car was found.

Attachments

• I94 IN Exit 22 Environs.jpg
    I94 IN Exit 22 Environs.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Mile Marker 23.jpg
    Mile Marker 23.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Borgess.jpg
    Borgess.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Abandoned Car Bing.jpg
    Abandoned Car Bing.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 115
A private investigator working for the family of missing Kalamazoo medical resident Teleka Patrick said he feels “foul play” is involved in her disappearance.

snip

“I do feel that foul play is involved,” said Jim Carlin, a Battle Creek-based private investigator working for Patrick’s family.

Ismael Calderon, her ex-husband, told the Free Press on Friday that he fears the worst.

“I believe that some criminally minded predator took advantage of her on the side of the road,” he said.

He added, “I don’t think she’s hiding anywhere.”

snip

David Stringer, Patrick’s divorce attorney, said he doesn’t recall Calderon mentioning that Patrick suffered from mental health issues.

Stringer, whose office is in San Bernardino, Calif., described Patrick as bright and talented. According to her family, she has a medical degree and doctorate in biochemistry and began a four-year residency program for psychiatry at Western Michigan about six months ago.

Carlin said he is unconvinced Patrick suffered any mental health issues, saying he believes any problems would have been recognized by those around her. Tenesha Patrick previously told the Free Press she was unaware of her sister being diagnosed with any mental illness.

snip

The order was signed by Kent County Circuit Judge Daniel Zemaitis. On Friday, the judge said there is no record in the court file that the personal protection order was served. It’s unclear whether it was.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140104/NEWS06/301040014/Teleka-Patrick-foul-play-disappearance

Here are some documents and websites that discuss behaviors and so forth of missing persons. Lots of interesting information. Some sections and discussions devoted to characteristics of mentally ill missing persons. For obsessive geeks like me. :)

LOST PERSON BEHAVIOUR CHARACTERISTICS
http://www.sarbc.org/sarbc/behchar.html#behtop

The U.K. Missing Person Behaviour Study March 2011
http://www.searchresearch.org.uk/downloads/ukmpbs/report_2011.pdf

UK Missing Person Behaviour Study > Other Documents
http://www.searchresearch.org.uk/www/ukmpbs/other_documents/

GEOGRAPHIES OF MISSING PEOPLE: PROCESSES, EXPERIENCES, RESPONSES 2013
http://www.geographiesofmissingpeople.org.uk/downloads/Stevenson-et-al.pdf

Robert Bradley's Re-Search Website
http://re-search.org.uk/

What's been searched, when, by whom:

Dec. 5 - A search of truck stops, gas stations and other businesses in the immediate area by the trooper and emergency medical personnel turns up nothing.

Dec. 12 - State police in Indiana use a bloodhound to search the area where Patrick’s car was found along I-94 in hopes of retracing her steps. Matyas said Monday that the bloodhound tracked from the area where the car was found up to the highway then stopped, leading investigators to believe Patrick may have been picked up by another motorist.

Dec. 13 - State police in Indiana use an all-terrain vehicle to search areas with heavy brush within about a one-mile radius of where Patrick’s car was found.

Dec. 14 and 15 - Family members of Teleka Patrick spent the weekend searching the area where her car was found, as well as handing out fliers at gas stations, truck stops and other businesses off I-94 between Gary, Ind., to east of the Porter/Burns Harbor exit.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2013/12/teleka_patrick_timeline_what_w.html

Northeast Indiana Search and Rescue (NEISAR)

Date of search unknown. Search announced Dec 31st. Specific search areas not announced.

31 December, 2013 - Following a request from the family of Teleka Patrick, NEISAR Ground Team members joined the search for the missing 30 year-old doctor.

With snow on the ground, more snow fast approaching, and temperatures in the low teens, the NEISAR team went to work doing a full sweep and line search of multiple search grids.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....436343703091050.99768.307800472612041&type=1

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...r_appoint.html

Teleka Patrick's mother assigned to her estate as search for missing Kalamazoo doctor continues

Dr. Teleka Patrick’s mother has been charged with ensuring that her daughter’s personal and financial affairs remain in order as the search for the missing Kalamazoo doctor continues.

Irene Patrick, 63, was appointed special conservator of Patrick’s estate Dec. 20 by Kalamazoo County Circuit Judge Curtis Bell. In petitioning the conservatorship, Irene Patrick said in court documents that she was seeking a protective order from the court to gain access to her daughter’s “accounts, apartment and all other personal and financial information.”

Here's all the map information for determining the car location in one post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo Media & Map Links - no discussion please

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo Media & Map Links - no discussion please

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community -
View Single Post - MI MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #9

The exact location of the car has never been given. In these links, you'll find the LE notations of where the car was found (FBI, Indiana State Police, Kzoo Sheriff, and 2 reporters).

Mile Marker 23 is 1 mile wide. There's a map that shows the white grid line from Google Maps of the west-most boundary, and there are maps that show the mid-point where the Mile Marker 23 sign is. Some references say the car was found in a field. If you look at the maps, and through all the reference material, you'll be able to see the approx 1/2 mile area between the Porter Exit 22B and the Mile Marker 23 sign. The car was most likely within that half mile.

A view from US 20 looking south across truck parking lot. I94 runs parallel to the row of trees at the back. The rear of the parking lot is approx 275 feet from TP's abandoned car on I94. Note the height of light posts in parking lot. View taken when trees had folliage. Google Street View.

41.611135,-87.099502

Attachments

• View across parking lot.jpg
    View across parking lot.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 43

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads