MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Eric's Mom,
When you look at Eric's groups on FB, it looks like he started a group called "The Elite" on March 3, 2011. There are 4 posts by Eric after the March 21, 2011 missing date: on April 3, 21, 24, and 30. One member posts that she last talked with Eric "back in June was the latest" (meaning 2011). Eric's last post April 30, 2011 reads "Her first prom. She was so beautiful!"
The friend's June conversation date needs to be verified! Phone records would determine the number he was using on that date. Do you think someone else was using his FB account and posting as him? The Michigan State Police need to analyze these posts with FB to determine the ISP and location! Please have the family look into this also.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/158635567524997/
Good find, FBEye! There is something fishy about this entire FB situation. You're right, the family or LE HAVE to find out where or who those posts came from.

His FB joining those other groups I posted about is even later than April. This is too bizarre.

I saw someone in the Elite group saying that he thinks Eric is "still in Toronto"...I just got finished looking at all the unidentified remains for Canada and he does not match any of them.

Eric'sMom, does Eric have connections in Toronto or anywhere else in Canada?

Sorry to robo-post but I have another question. There is so much info in this thread and my memory isn't the best, so sorry if this has been asked already.

Does Eric have any tattoos?

Hi Eric's Mom,
When you look at Eric's groups on FB, it looks like he started a group called "The Elite" on March 3, 2011. There are 4 posts by Eric after the March 21, 2011 missing date: on April 3, 21, 24, and 30. One member posts that she last talked with Eric "back in June was the latest" (meaning 2011). Eric's last post April 30, 2011 reads "Her first prom. She was so beautiful!"
The friend's June conversation date needs to be verified! Phone records would determine the number he was using on that date. Do you think someone else was using his FB account and posting as him? The Michigan State Police need to analyze these posts with FB to determine the ISP and location! Please have the family look into this also.

I hope this is not posting twice. I hit a wrong button ! We have been trying for 3 yrs to get the police to access Eric's FB. I asked the FBI repeatedly to do that. I've been told by FBI that police have to ask for help when it's an adult involved and police say they need help. It's been a cycle. I have told police more than once that this is not my dog that's missing......it's my child. When the BV police stopped communicating with us , I called the city manager several times and he said he'd set up a 3way call with the detective and me and it never happened! I told them I wish they'd quite playing politics and cooperate with one another to find my son.

Sorry to robo-post but I have another question. There is so much info in this thread and my memory isn't the best, so sorry if this has been asked already.

Does Eric have any tattoos?
No, he's never had tattoos.

I saw someone in the Elite group saying that he thinks Eric is "still in Toronto"...I just got finished looking at all the unidentified remains for Canada and he does not match any of them.

Eric'sMom, does Eric have connections in Toronto or anywhere else in Canada?
No, he doesn't. How are you accessing that FB site? It's a private site unlike his other FB sites.

Hi Eric's Mom,

No, he doesn't. How are you accessing that FB site? It's a private site unlike his other FB sites.

Click the link of FBEyes post above. It's an Open Group.

Good find, FBEye! There is something fishy about this entire FB situation. You're right, the family or LE HAVE to find out where or who those posts came from.

His FB joining those other groups I posted about is even later than April. This is too bizarre.
It's very likely someone was posting as him. Also, I believe the story FG told to me and another family member when we first called to check on Eric was probably the true story. According to the Archbold police report, she verified that to them. When confronted by MI police with the story the motel owner gave, she had to deny his story because that proved she and Eric were doing what he posted...painting and fixing up a house in a rural area and living the life he had dreamed of. I believe that's where she took the things from the motel. According to a friend on the Elite site, FG posted there were water issues and if Eric wasn't going to help with the expense, she was going home. That explains the argument. He had a temper. She said he got mad over a job posting and she had to protect her daughter. This is what she told me, but not the police.

Click the link of FBEyes post above. It's an Open Group.
I knew about the prom postings. Some of Eric's friends wondered why he didn't post pictures. FG told me she posted that about prom. A close friend of Eric's sent the police postings, but said some had been deleted along with pictures. She said Eric and FG were like high school sweethearts sometimes on FB. We will keep trying to get police to get his FB info.

I knew about the prom postings. Some of Eric's friends wondered why he didn't post pictures. FG told me she posted that about prom. A close friend of Eric's sent the police postings, but said some had been deleted along with pictures. She said Eric and FG were like high school sweethearts sometimes on FB. We will keep trying to get police to get his FB info.
None of Eric's family or friends have TALKED to Eric since about March 10,2011. As for the post about some woman said she talked to Eric in June, perhaps you are referring to a post where a friend from high school wished Eric a happy father's day and a response came back that said thank you. She thinks it may not have been Eric.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I was going off in a tangent based on the below quote:

Re my bold: I wonder if this reason is big or little. The reason I'm wondering is bc you said so many years, so why all of a sudden surprise Eric like that after he's obviously missed so much? Unless, maybe she just found out & thought the right thing to do would be to tell him?
Eric's former girlfriend and her husband told family they knew the child was Eric's when she was 2 months pregnant. She and Eric had split up and she didn't tell Eric. Then when the child was 16 years old, she posted the dates of her children's births and Eric guessed one was his and she told him he was right.
Eric's former girlfriend told me and another family member that Eric had told her he inherited lots of money when his dad died and he would leave it to their daughter. Former girlfriend's husband told the same thing to a family member.
FG's husband told family member he heard about inheritance from FG...not from Eric. Husband of FG told family member that he NEVER saw Eric while Eric was in MI. Eric said the two met years ago when he and FG parted ways and FG's family friend came from MI to TN and took FG back to MI. That family friend became husband when FG was about ready to deliver Eric's child, so I was told. It's strange that he wasn't curious enough about what Eric looked like now ,considering everything, to even see him.

Eric's Mom, who is FG? If that's the ex girlfriends initials, then I am totally lost now. Lol
(I must have the wrong name)

Eric's Mom, who is FG? If that's the ex girlfriends initials, then I am totally lost now. Lol
(I must have the wrong name)
Family had been writing out former girlfriend and posters started shortening it to FG so that's what I started doing.

Eric's mom: :tyou: for your updates on the case of your missing son. I hope that your family will eventually get answers about what might have happened to Eric, his whereabouts, who is responsible for his disappearance. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

So we have a few facts we can be sure of;

Eric was staying at a hotel, and he left it.
All his possessions left the hotel at some point, by some means, too.
His (actually mom's) vehicle left as well.
His phone never left (or pinged) outside Saginaw Cnty.
Calls were made to car salvage facilities, on that phone
The last known person to have seen Eric is the mother of his child
She says he was heading south on the Dixie hwy?? (correct me if I'm wrong with directions, please)
Eric wasn't known to have a lot of money, so would have been unlikely to discard his phone.
The last email I received supposedly from Eric (I'm sure it was not) was the day before Thanksgiving 2011. It came from a Burger King in Clio, MI where they have no surveillance cameras. I talked more than once to the man who is over most of Burger King's loss prevention (Eric had a laptop as well as a droid phone.)

I asked Eric's former girlfriend why she wanted him to come to MI and she told me because he was her first love. But she also said she never, ever intended to be with him. She visited my son about every day according to the motel owner.
Later on, family learned from a reliable source that FG needed money at the time (for reasons I won't explain, but which were public record) at the time Eric was lured to MI. Assuming Eric had money was a false assumption . FG's husband told family member that his wife was always looking for greener pastures.

None of Eric's family or friends have TALKED to Eric since about March 10,2011. As for the post about some woman said she talked to Eric in June, perhaps you are referring to a post where a friend from high school wished Eric a happy father's day and a response came back that said thank you. She thinks it may not have been Eric.

The last conversation in June 2011 post I was referring to was a response by MLP on November 22, 2011 (to a post by LU on November 21, 2011-third comment down):
"Ohh myy, I haven't spoke with him in quiet some time, back in June was the latest, and at that point he was living in a hotel, getting ready to move in with him daughters mom. He was with her the last I knew, I hope all is well and he is just hiding somewhere..."

SBBM

I just think that conversation date needs to be verified, as you last talked to him March 10, 2011, he was supposedly last seen March 21, 2011 (by FG only), and the motel owner hadn't seen him since a couple days before that whenever Eric paid his weekly rent.

Family was told a judge has to issue a warrant to get someone's FB access, but as far as we know a judge hasn't been asked. Private investigator helping family said family could try to get a warrant. I know about privacy issues, but a man is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member