GUILTY MI - Evelynne Deuman, 3 mos, dies in sexual assault, Peshawbestown, 12 Aug 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Luckily this crime occured on federal land so he's elligable to be executed. I can't determine whether Steven Deuman or Travis Mullins (On Texas's death row for sexually murdering his three-month old son) committed a worse crime. Utterly dispicable.

I guess that all depends on perspective, what makes one crime worse than another?

I remember Alijah's case very well. I think we will need more information on Evelyn's case to make a real determination.
However, here are the facts if anyone is interested.

In Alijah's case his father was leaving the house because he was having flashbacks and was afraid he would hurt his son.
He had already attempted to molest a child that morning and reportedly told Alijah's mother about it.

Alijah's mother made him take Alijah to ensure that he would come back. To make sure he didn't leave her.

In Evelyn's case it appears the father was simply in charge of the child. We are not aware of any neglect which led to him being in control of her.

In Alijah's case his father had committed other crimes against other children and Alijah's mother was aware of them.

In Evelyn's case we have not yet heard of any other crimes her father has committed.

In Alijah's case he was dumped on the side of the road, he wasn't taken to the hospital or anything.
This resulted in an innocent (hysterical) citizen having to find him, who still couldn't talk about it without crying even 3 years later.

In Alijah's case his mother was also arrested and charged with endangering a child. As of March 2011 she hadn't been to court yet.

In Evelyn's case it appears everyone used poor judgment not calling 911, then returning to the house... including the mother.

In Alijah's case the only evidence of a sex crime was DNA... I never heard about anything "physical". It was never said where the DNA was.

Given the conditions that Alijah lived in, (no bed, slept in car seat) I always wondered how conclusive that DNA really was.
They dropped those charges... Could it have just been transferred onto the baby from sheets or hands or something. :sick:

In Evelyn's case there *appears* to be more evidence of a sex crime.

In Alijah's case, his death occurred from stomping on his head to stop his crying. Not from any type of sexual assault.

In Evelyn's case there *appears* to be some evidence that a sex crime is what resulted in her death.

I guess it just depends on what you think is worse... I can't make a decision between the two cases.

Both are horrible crimes but all things considered, this case was worse. Now what are the chances that Steven Deuman will ever be executed for this?

A beautiful baby girl dies from choking on a used condom, and people comment in support of the perp? I just don't understand people sometimes. :mad:

This is the sickest thing I have ever heard! That poor angel! She's in God's hands now!

Gah!!! I am so tired of these perverts harming human beings! I think. jm0, that there should be mandatory hard time facilities for them- no trial- especially since they admit it. Anyone covering for them should get the same. I just dont know what else to do!

JeannieC! We must have the same interests-the children and infant mortality just makes me seeth!

Here's a Sept 1 article that didn't get posted that I saw:

Murder charged in infant's death
September 1, 2011 - 10:05am
In one of the most hideous crimes ever alleged in Leelanau County, a 26-year-old Peshawbestown man has been charged with murder in connection with the Aug. 12 death of his 3-month old daughter.

Federal prosecutors believe the infant was a victim of sexual assault.

http://www.leelanaunews.com/drupal/index.php?q=node/31836

ETA: More:

Reports of sexual assault involving children, as alleged by federal prosecutors to have led to the death of the Peshawbestown baby, have been on the rise in Leelanau County, according to the Leelanau County Prosecutor’s Office.

To date this year, the Prosecutor’s office has interviewed and investigated 10 criminal sexual conduct (CSC) cases involving children.

“We haven’t filed charges on all of the them, but have been working with the (Traverse Bay) Children’s Advocacy Center on these cases.” “We’re a little over half-way through the year, so this is a little unusual,” he said.
The prosecutor said he doesn’t think the number of CSC cases involving children has increased. However, more cases are likely being reported.

Please tell me this Creep didn't put on a Condom and stick it in his child's mouth.......

Yep, sick isn't it..
From one of Bean-E's posts

The FBI alleged Deuman killed the girl “during the perpetration, or attempted perpetration, of aggravated sexual abuse.”

So he........ and then she choked on the used Condom?

How the Hell does a 3 month old........ this is just SICK

One of the worst crimes i've heard of.... RIP Sweet Angel

JeannieC! We must have the same interests-the children and infant mortality just makes me seeth!

I know what you mean. It breaks my heart and I'll never understand it. This beautiful little angel. How could anyone harm her?

It makes me so angry! Sometimes we can't stop these animals but they need the maximum sentence for a crime against a child. I believe there is a special place in he]] for those who harm a child.

Sweet precious little girl. Rest in peace.

So he won't get the death penalty?

"Because federal jurisdiction in this case is predicated solely on the fact that the crime occurred in Indian Country, the death penalty is not available due to the fact that the governing body for the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians did not opt in to the death penalty,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Phillip Green wrote in a trial brief.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/08/federal_prosecutor_death_penal.html

Omg this is beyond sickening!!!! 3 months old...poor baby, poor brother and poor mother.

A father has been found guilty of killing his 15-week-old daughter while he was orally raping her.
Steven Deuman Jr, 26, of Suttons Bay near Traverse City, was convicted of first-degree murder and aggravated sexual assault after jurors - who were subjected to disturbing testimony and photos - took less than an hour to convict him.

More at Daily Mail link here

RIP Baby Evelynne

article-2206162-151D2423000005DC-857_468x421.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member