GUILTY MI - Gabby Barrett, 4, dies of burns, Sumpter Twp, 1 Jan 2018 *B. Fields GUILTY*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:rose: Rest in Peace Gabby! :rose:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Gabby Barrett.jpg
    Gabby Barrett.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 207
Extradition underway for 2 accused in Sumpter girl's death

Sumpter Township Police said Wednesday the extradition process has started for the couple accused in the death of a 4-year-old girl.

Candice Renea Diaz, 24, and Brad Edward Fields, 28, are currently being housed in a Georgia county jail and authorities have started the process of transferring them to Michigan to face charges in the death of Gabrielle Renea Barrett, Police Chief Eric Luke said in a statement...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...way-2-accused-sumpter-girls-death/1019974001/

Gabrielle lived with her mother. Police said the 4-year-old was tortured by Diaz and Fields.

I was so relieved when my local news alert showed these two POSs had been caught. They were caught in a town about 75 miles from where we live.

There is a special kind of hell for anyone who does this to a totally defenseless innocent little child.

Another so called 'mom' who willingly chose her lover over her sweet child and decided instead to torture her child she should have protected. I am so glad to see the police have charged them both with first degree murder. Sweet Gabby is the only victim in this horrendous case.

The last statistics for 2015 put up by our poster, grouchymom, showed 70% of all types of gross maltreatment committed against children a mother was involved and a willing participant. This includes all kinds of abuses from gross neglect/starvation, chaining or caging their children, sexual, physical, emotional, and murder.

I know I read about more, and more horrific child abuse/murder news stories which also involve the mom. It seems to be increasing since I read about at least one or more each and every week. :( I think the 70% (female/mom) participation rate for 2015 will rise even higher once the 2016 data is completed.

It is so tragic for so many of our children. It breaks my heart to realize the worst enemy countless little children may ever face is when they are inside of their home with their own mothers and/or mothers who have boyfriends.

Both really need the death penalty applied for the heinous and sadistic way this little girl suffered before she died.... probably all alone.:(

It reminds me of a case 15-20 years ago in a town close to mine. DFCS had taken the little boy away from his abusive mother only to give him back to her again once she was released from jail... so she could abuse him again and that is exactly what happened every time he was returned. It happened several times in his little short life. The last time DFCS and the court sent him back to his house of horrors she scalded him and then threw him on the bed leaving him to die a slow agonizing death. He lived 3-4 days. He was 5 years old when she finally murdered him. His grandmother lived there too, and didn't do one thing to help the little guy........absolutely nothing. :mad: Both of them had to be evil to the core to watch him die and the ME said he suffered tremendously from his burns before he finally died. I am sure little Gabby did too. Bless her sweet soul.

IMO

I'd rather have one Gabby alive than a million of her "mother and boyfriend".

On Jan. 3, the Washtenaw County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled the child’s death a homicide, and the medical examiner allegedly found evidence of multiple traumatic injuries and signs of Battered Child Syndrome — meaning the girl had multiple injuries to her body that were sustained at different times.

why? just WHY?

Thank you! I am about 12 miles north of the trailer park where this occurred. So sad to know this was happening so close to home. How could people not hear this abuse? The trailers are so close and don’t have very thick walls...

Thank you! I am about 12 miles north of the trailer park where this occurred. So sad to know this was happening so close to home. How could people not hear this abuse? The trailers are so close and don’t have very thick walls...
Welcome to WS. [emoji41]

Maybe they did hear things but were scared of the boyfriend. Not an excuse... merely a possibility.

Well I am calling BS on the mother's story. A 4 year old who has such severe burns (her big toe was destroyed and there was melted skin in the tub ffs)from scalding in a bath would in no way request to go in the bath the next day. More likely she would never want to be near a bath again. This poor peanut was abused and abused and abused. From the photos it seems like she was very much loved by her daddy and his family. It's a shame that the mother and her monster partner couldn't have let Gabby live with them. I have this feeling that Fields probably hated Gabby as she was someone else's child. Poor little thing.

Thanks for the welcomes! I've been around for a while, just don't normally post. Danielle Stislicki's disappearance brought me.

I found additional pictures of CD that show her burns better, if I'm allowed to post? I got them from her Facebook page (she's using Fields as her last name).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, neighbor! I am south of the area now but grew up slightly north of there.

What a horrific article you found. https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...e-details-abuse-4-year-olds-death/1018404001/

I cannot being myself to repeat the injuries here, but I don’t believe just being in a tub would result in the serious injuries ... unless she was held down. Surely she would have tried to get out, screamed, cried, done something to summon the parents. Both parents diagnosed with serious mental illness (see the article).

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services wanted to remove Gabrielle’s 1-year-old half-sister from the home because of “improper supervision and physical abuse resulting in a child death,” according to the petition filed on Jan. 3.

Cocaine found in the home.

Another hearing in the case is scheduled Jan. 25.

GABBY’S BIO DAD:

The 26-year-old Westland man said the last time he saw Gabrielle in person was just before he turned himself into authorities on a warrant in September.
“I got to give her a kiss and a hug and say I loved her,” he said.
Barrett told the Free Press he got out of the Washtenaw County Jail on Jan. 3, two days after his daughter's death.

...The girl's mother gave a version of events to authorities about what happened but Fields "refused" to provide a Child Protective Services worker with details of what happened, authorities said...

...The petition did not say whether Child Protective Services had been involved with the family previously. An MDHHS spokesman declined to comment about any encounters.

"Under the Michigan Child Protection Law, MDHHS is prohibited from releasing case specifics about any CPS case — including whether there is or was a CPS case involving a specific individual," spokesman Bob Wheaton said in an e-mail to the Free Press on Tuesday...

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...e-details-abuse-4-year-olds-death/1018404001/

I hope we'll eventually learn whether or not CPS had been involved with this family previously.

Parental hearing set for 2 over death of girl, 4

Sumpter Township Police said Wednesday the extradition process has started for the couple accused in the death of a 4-year-old girl.

Candice Renea Diaz, 24, and Brad Edward Fields, 28, are currently being housed in a Georgia county jail and authorities have started the process of transferring them to Michigan to face charges in the death of Gabrielle Renea Barrett, Police Chief Eric Luke said in a statement.

Luke said there is no timetable for the process to be completed and the department will not release any further information about the case. He referred future requests for information to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office.

Meanwhile, state officials have begun legal proceedings to sever the couple's parental rights to Diaz's other daughter and Gabrielle's half-sister. A hearing on the state's petition is scheduled for Jan. 25 in Wayne County Circuit Court...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...way-2-accused-sumpter-girls-death/1019974001/

The 2016 incident. So, the uterus confessed to owning the firearms, including one with the serial number removed (felony), crack pipes, Xanax, hydrocodone, and a blank rx pad. This AFTER the bf shoots the dog, cuts himself to make it look like he was shot, and beats the crap out of the uterus.

THIS a was a home that was SAFE FOR A CHILD?????? SMDH :mad:

Maybe because Mom is an adult, should know better, but ran to save her own sorry *advertiser censored* anyway?

I could fill in the blanks easily but I am more pragmatically interested in the actual evidence leading them to believe she was involved vs abducted or a victim as well. It is really easy for us to point at her and say "you should have known better" "you should have left him." but anyone who has been in an abusive relationship knows that isn't how that works especially if Fields was torturing her daughter in front of her. It takes support from the outside.

I realize other factors like addiction could be involved here so any sympathy for mom is hard-deserved. I wish these things didn't happen, I wish we had the practical answers for how to prevent it.

I could fill in the blanks easily but I am more pragmatically interested in the actual evidence leading them to believe she was involved vs abducted or a victim as well. It is really easy for us to point at her and say "you should have known better" "you should have left him." but anyone who has been in an abusive relationship knows that isn't how that works especially if Fields was torturing her daughter in front of her. It takes support from the outside.

I realize other factors like addiction could be involved here so any sympathy for mom is hard-deserved. I wish these things didn't happen, I wish we had the practical answers for how to prevent it.

It is NOT deserved at all. May she rot alongside that other monster while Gabby rests in peace.

She is just another one who doesn't deserve to breath the same air that we do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asa_Lange
Back