Identified! MI - Highland Park, BiracialFem 15-22, UP11787, teddy bear watch, Sz 8 1/2 shoes, May'96 - Mindy Clevidence

The NCMEC reconstruction of her looks exactly like the photo of her in the clickondetroit.com article linked above.
That drawn recon from the beginning of the thread is very close, too. Great work from both artists, especially as they were reconstructing around a close range shotgun wound to the neck area.

Sleep well, Mindy.

Rest in peace, Mindy.

I found her grandfather's obituary (he passed in September of this year) and she is listed as having pre-deceased him.
She was ID'd this summer.

" 'In May of this year, NCMEC worked with law enforcement to get the case submitted to Intermountain Forensics, who were able to develop a reliable DNA file.'

Then, they got a tip through forensic genetic genealogy that led to Mindy's identification this summer
."

I am so glad to see the ID's of both Highland Park and Christmas doe (Mindy and Kenyatta❤️)!!

“ 'I want Mindy’s family to know that our thoughts and prayers go out to them. We recognize this is a very difficult time and although it brings some closure it also brings forth painful memories and unanswered questions,' said Highland Park Police Chief James McMahon"

The family through NCMEC released this statement. 'We are grateful for all the efforts made by the Highland Police Department and NCMEC in helping us get one step closer in finding out what happened to Mindy and ultimately finding justice for her. We ask for our privacy as we navigate through this difficult time. We ask that anyone who has information regarding Mindy’s death to please contact authorities.'' "

I found obituaries of family members (one from mid-2000's and another a couple years ago) that listed her as surviving them . And where it usually says "from (town), (state)" her's was the only one with a unlisted location. The family wants their privacy so I am not going to mention names or links. IMO Mindy was very much loved. I have known several people that moved out of the house at 17 years old and distanced themself for a while so that could very well be a possibility here.

I wish her family all the best during this time of healing. ❤️

I also wanted to speak out on the PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) discovery in her autopsy. Yes, it can be caused by STI's, BUT it can also be caused by (nonsexually transmitted) bacterial vaginal infections that spread to the fallopian tubes. That being said it can be caused by lack of proper medical attention. I am saying this out of respect for Mindy since I have been unable to find any sources anywhere that a STI was confirmed as fact.

I am so glad to see the ID's of both Highland Park and Christmas doe (Mindy and Kenyatta❤️)!!

“ 'I want Mindy’s family to know that our thoughts and prayers go out to them. We recognize this is a very difficult time and although it brings some closure it also brings forth painful memories and unanswered questions,' said Highland Park Police Chief James McMahon"

The family through NCMEC released this statement. 'We are grateful for all the efforts made by the Highland Police Department and NCMEC in helping us get one step closer in finding out what happened to Mindy and ultimately finding justice for her. We ask for our privacy as we navigate through this difficult time. We ask that anyone who has information regarding Mindy’s death to please contact authorities.'' "

I found obituaries of family members (one from mid-2000's and another a couple years ago) that listed her as surviving them . And where it usually says "from (town), (state)" her's was the only one with a unlisted location. The family wants their privacy so I am not going to mention names or links. IMO Mindy was very much loved. I have known several people that moved out of the house at 17 years old and distanced themself for a while so that could very well be a possibility here.

I wish her family all the best during this time of healing. ❤️
From above linkdownload (7).jpeg

I also wanted to speak out on the PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) discovery in her autopsy. Yes, it can be caused by STI's, BUT it can also be caused by (nonsexually transmitted) bacterial vaginal infections that spread to the fallopian tubes. That being said it can be caused by lack of proper medical attention. I am saying this out of respect for Mindy since I have been unable to find any sources anywhere that a STI was confirmed as fact.
Also, PID can be caused by noninfectious and nonsexually transmitted sterile conditions such as severe endometriosis. But id assume that would have been visible during autopsy since it leaves heavy scarring in the pelvic area.

Just the profile explicitly mentioned gonorrhea. Id assume there is something to it, maybe the way it affects the tubes and peritoneum is specific and characteristic . Gonorrhea is by no means the issue here, all it takes is one single boyfriend who happens to have it. Dont know why it automatically implies some kind of lifestyle. The concerning thing is that if it really was gonorrhea that Mindy had no access to medical care for some time, at least six months, if not more. PID takes a while to affect the pelvic organs. And i guess it also hurts very badly.

But could be anything causing it, really, we have no further information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123AEW
Back