Found Deceased MI - Hunter Klompstra, 18, Coopersville, 1 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not even in the middle of the night when you’re mostly asleep & you go to the bathroom to pee?

I guess it’s just me but I can think of a few instances where Hunter may have taken his glasses off for a short period of time & walked away. MOO MOO.
I wear trifocals & take them off for certain things that aren’t appropriate to talk about out loud & sometimes after these occurrences I won’t immediately put my glasses back on & say walk to the bathroom.

It would be nice to know when the glasses were found. Among other things.
That’s why I said I do good making it to the bathroom. In other words that’s as far as I’m going without being able to see.

By Becky Vargo - bvargo@grandhaventribune.com
Jan 13, 2020 Updated 17 hrs ago
“Searches for two persons missing in separate incidents in Ottawa County are continuing, according to Capt. Mark Bennett of the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office.

Sixteen-year-old Eliza Trainer, a resident from the Flint area, has been missing since a wave swept her off the Holland pier into Lake Michigan at around 11:30 p.m. on New Year’s Day.

Hunter Klompstra, 18, has been missing since early Wednesday, Jan. 1, after leaving a New Years Eve party at a home in the 6100 block of Leonard Street in Polkton Township. The house is located near the Grand River.

[SBM]

On Friday, the Ottawa County Sheriff dive team along with officers from the Michigan State Police searched the Grand River area near Eastmanville for Klompstra, but did not locate him.

Those efforts will continue.

On Tuesday at 2:30 p.m., Klompstra’s family and friends have planned a search party starting at 5363 Mill Road, Coopersville.

Family members confirmed that Klompstra's glasses were found outside the party home near an air conditioning unit.

See the Missing Hunter Klompstra Facebook page for more information.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Search efforts continue for missing teens in Ottawa County

Missing Hunter Klompstra

So, I woke up this morning and attempted to walk around without my glasses/contacts...I made it around okay, (I'm near sighted, don't see well without correction lenses) but I would not venture off on a walk without either. No way. Unless he was that drunk, I can't see it. (No pun intended, lol) MOO

So, I woke up this morning and attempted to walk around without my glasses/contacts...I made it around okay, (I'm near sighted, don't see well without correction lenses) but I would not venture off on a walk without either. No way. Unless he was that drunk, I can't see it. (No pun intended, lol) MOO

This is kind of what I was wondering. I don't know if Hunter was even drinking, let alone drunk so I don't want to start any rumors, but I could see a person stumbling, falling, losing items and continuing on.

I can say personally I can see without my glasses, but my daughter can’t see a foot in front of herself without hers on. There’s no way she could walk home from somewhere, even in the daylight without falling or even getting lost. She can’t even make it down the hallway without running into something without hers on.

He just seems like such a nice, average kid. Family seems very involved and caring. His FB doesn't set off any alarms. I don't see any drama or anything. I know looks can be deceiving but I'm not seeing foul play. I'm stuck between accident and self harm.

He just seems like such a nice, average kid. Family seems very involved and caring. His FB doesn't set off any alarms. I don't see any drama or anything. I know looks can be deceiving but I'm not seeing foul play. I'm stuck between accident and self harm.

He very well could have slipped/fell into the Grand River and been swept area. I know everyone could slip into the mindset of suicide, but I just don’t get that vibe from him.

Per the official Missing Hunter Klompstra Facebook page, sadly there is no new information about Hunter after the search that was conducted yesterday Jan 14th. It's been two weeks, and according to the FB page, the family is still being given varying accounts of what happened that night from the kids that were there and are literally begging someone to come forward and tell the truth.

I don't know what to think about this case. I am suspicious about the hat and glasses being found so close to the house, like literally right next to it. Almost as though someone planted them there to make it look like Hunter was outside and wandered off. And maybe that's true and he did and they just haven't found him yet. Or maybe there is a lot more to this story. I have a feeling that at least one of the kids at the party knows more than what they are saying...it's been two weeks now, this family has been more than patient. Time to start turning up the heat in order to get some answers imo.

Missing Hunter Klompstra
Update JAN 16 - JAN 20
Weekend searches and the candlelight vigil that was scheduled for Sat, Jan 18 were canceled due to inclement weather. They are still planning to hold the vigil but have not announced a new date and time. The family is working with a screen printer to make t-shirts with Hunter's photo on them in order to keep his face out there.

JAN 25, 2020
Candlelight vigil held for teen missing since New Year's Day
[...]

In the weeks since his disappearance, family friends and hundreds of volunteers have been searching the streets and wooded areas around where he was last seen.

[...]

On Saturday, dozens of people at Veterans Park in Coopersville held candles high and said prayers in support of Hunter’s loved ones.

Family and friends are not giving up hope as they continue to search with the whole community's support behind them.

[...]

“Hunter we are going to find you bro, I’m certain of it, we are going to find you. We are going to get this closure that we need. We all love you, hopefully you can see that. We are going to find you bro, we love you,” LR added.

[...]

JAN 25, 2020
Dad wants answers about his son missing for 25 days
[...]

Police already have searched extensively for Hunter with tracking dogs, a helicopter, drones and a dive team checking the nearby Grand River for any sign.

[...]

“If somebody knows something, don’t hide it. They can call me, they can call Silent Observer, my number is on all the posters,” Klompstra said.

The father says he believes authorities are doing all they can to bring Hunter home. They are getting tips, but they need that one tip that will lead to finding him.

“Don’t be scared of getting in trouble — I think we’re beyond the getting in trouble. If you know something, just tell it,” he said.

A Facebook page run by Hunter’s cousin provides update and information Anonymous tips can be made to Silent Observer.

Thank you for the updates PomMom! I just took a peek at the family's fb page to get caught up. It's all still just prayer posts and begging someone (the kids) to call in what they know :( .

IIRC HK did not drive himself to the party; he and the other kids at the party were expected to stay the night there. So....what would prompt an 18-year-old guy to leave a party? And drop his hat and glasses right outside the house, but his body nowhere to be found despite extensive searches? And he conveniently somehow managed to not drop his cell phone?

I'm wondering if Hunter left on his own and either self-harmed and hasn't been found yet, or for whatever reason doesn't want to be found. I was scrolling through his FB and saw this, not that it means anything but in light of his disappearance it makes me wonder...

ETA: Hunter's FB https://www.facebook.com/hklompstra

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 1.54.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 1.54.53 PM.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
More than a hundred volunteers again took to fields and woods near Coopersville to search.

The search Tuesday started near a cell phone tower off 48th Avenue north of Leonard Street. According to family, the last signal from Klompstra’s cell phone came within 1.7 miles of the tower.

At least 20 people on horseback joined in Tuesday’s search, as well as volunteers equipped with metal detectors.

He was wearing eyeglasses, carrying a pocket knife and also had the cell phone.

‘Desperately looking for answers,’ family says of missing West Michigan teen
More than a hundred volunteers again took to fields and woods near Coopersville to search.

The search Tuesday started near a cell phone tower off 48th Avenue north of Leonard Street. According to family, the last signal from Klompstra’s cell phone came within 1.7 miles of the tower.

At least 20 people on horseback joined in Tuesday’s search, as well as volunteers equipped with metal detectors.

He was wearing eyeglasses, carrying a pocket knife and also had the cell phone.

‘Desperately looking for answers,’ family says of missing West Michigan teen

Just wanted to say that his glasses were found on the ground outside of the party.

Thank you for the updates PomMom! I just took a peek at the family's fb page to get caught up. It's all still just prayer posts and begging someone (the kids) to call in what they know :( .

IIRC HK did not drive himself to the party; he and the other kids at the party were expected to stay the night there. So....what would prompt an 18-year-old guy to leave a party? And drop his hat and glasses right outside the house, but his body nowhere to be found despite extensive searches? And he conveniently somehow managed to not drop his cell phone?

I'm wondering if Hunter left on his own and either self-harmed and hasn't been found yet, or for whatever reason doesn't want to be found. I was scrolling through his FB and saw this, not that it means anything but in light of his disappearance it makes me wonder...

ETA: Hunter's FB https://www.facebook.com/hklompstra
Oh boy, that's a bit eerie, isn't it?

Still, I'm not getting self-harm in this case. The most likely scenario for me is that there was a scuffle of some kind outside that house, hence the reason he left. I think he was trying to get home and was possibly injured - either from the scuffle or an accident along the way. :( MOO

Oh boy, that's a bit eerie, isn't it?

Still, I'm not getting self-harm in this case. The most likely scenario for me is that there was a scuffle of some kind outside that house, hence the reason he left. I think he was trying to get home and was possibly injured - either from the scuffle or an accident along the way. :( MOO

Oh that's a good thought, that if he was walking home especially New Year's Eve could someone under the influence possibly have hit him? And panicked and took his body to hide somewhere? There are so many possibilities :( . Does anyone happen to know if Hunter's address has been made public, or at least the ____ block of ____ street? IIRC he still lives at home with his parents, correct? I want to see where his house is in relation to the party etc., tia!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back