GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crime lab technicians carried out small pieces of evidence, including a milk crate filled with manila envelopes.

Sources close to the investigation said they're looking for a paper trail, anything that can prove that Bob Bashara paid for a hit on his wife, Jane. Police told us that could even come in the form of ATM recipts from his wife's account.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/breaking:-police-enter-the-bashara-home-20120208

also lots of "griem-inizing" at this link about how Bobb had to sit down during serving of the warrant...

iirc, that is normal practice.. you either sit still and keep quiet or you leave...

I don't think I have ever seen the likes of this lawyer :gasp:

(well, since he was bloviating during the Grant case which was equally disturbing)

I kinda hate to open a can of worms here and don't know if there's a possible connection in the Bashara case, but the Grosse Pointes have long been associated with Mafia activity. I'm not surprised to learn that there is other "stuff" taking place in the Pointes, as well.

I was on vacation last week (on one of the Noro-infested ships) and wasn't posting on WS, but we had stateroom TV and watched HLN while we were dressing for dinner. We were on Caribbean time so the evening lineup was on an hour later (i.e. Nancy Grace at 9:00). We saw coverage of the Bashara case and also checked The Detroit News for local stories a few times. I'm still playing catch-up here and appreciate your continuing commentary.
BDE

Considering Jane was strangled and died from a broken windpipe (they reported bruising but no blood), I wonder if forensics found trace blood under her fingernails? Maybe LE are hoping to find trace blood that matches the fingernail blood in the garage to connect that indeed her murder happened there. Did LE examine bb's and jg's arms and faces for scratches or cuts earlier?

Welcome back Bette! I am so glad you are back safe and sound!

Never knew anything about the Mafia reference. You never know nowadays.

How bad was the Noro on the ship? How awful, you didn't suffer from it, did you?

Never knew anything about the Mafia reference. You never know nowadays.

How bad was the Noro on the ship? How awful, you didn't suffer from it, did you?

Over 400 sick last week and over 100 this week on the same ship. They have canceled the cruise this week early and will be cleaning the boat for two days to try and kill the virus.

You can keep up to date with all the goings on's, on the cruise ships on the following website.

http://www.cruiseshipnorovirus.com/

Considering Jane was strangled and died from a broken windpipe (they reported bruising but no blood), I wonder if forensics found trace blood under her fingernails? Maybe LE are hoping to find trace blood that matches the fingernail blood in the garage to connect that indeed her murder happened there. Did LE examine bb's and jg's arms and faces for scratches or cuts earlier?

I wondered the same thing, last I heard it was a strangulation. I think there's things about the autopsy we don't know yet. I briefly remember reading or hearing sometime today blood and hair was found but it'll be awhile until results come back. I also remember something about Joe saying he was in the garage.

(disclaimer) Unverified, going from memory and I have donut holes in my memory cells.

I wondered the same thing, last I heard it was a strangulation. I think there's things about the autopsy we don't know yet. I briefly remember reading or hearing sometime today blood and hair was found but it'll be awhile until results come back. I also remember something about Joe saying he was in the garage.

(disclaimer) Unverified, going from memory and I have donut holes in my memory cells.

--we've had some info on COD--strangulation, as well as her other injuries.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/source-bashara-failed-polygraph-test

The next morning, her body was found in her SUV on Detroit’s east side. There were signs of trauma to her back, throat and chest. An autopsy also revealed she had been strangled .

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/attorney-expects-charges-against-bob-bashara-in-murder-case/

An autopsy showed that Jane Bashara had extensive bruising to her upper body, a crushed windpipe and missing fingernails.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46195374/ns/local_news-detroit_mi/#.TyfMEfkpqkc

According to JaneBashara’s sister and mother, who viewed the body, it was very clear there was a struggle between Jane and her attacker.

*****------i can't find the article w/ the video of jane's mom and sister-----but her sister did say that they saw that jane's hands were bruised, w/ broken fingernails-----her sister said she "fought for her life".

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...-out-for-the-first-time-about-her-moms-murder

The daughter of Bob and Jane Bashara speaks out for the first time about her mom's murder

Bob Bashara's daughter Jessica says there is no way her dad is responsible for her mom's murder.

"Absolutely not," Jessica told ABC News's Andrea Canning in her first interview.

However, she says that doesn't make her question him. Rather she feels bad for him and what he is going through.

Bob Bashara was with his daughter during the interview. He said he fears people will judge him because of all the publicity and reports about him.

--right, b/c this IS all about you big bobb.

YOU CAN WATCH ANDREA CANNING'S ENTIRE INTERVIEW ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA ON THURSDAY MORNING.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...Park/-/1719314/8613756/-/fwsbo8z/-/index.html

--video @ link.

--interesting that bob bashara's mom was out cleaning her car and 'around the garage' prior to LE showing up w/ the S/W.

--isn't it a little chilly to be cleaning outdoors in detroit right now?

The audacity! Why would she be out in the driveway cleaning her car knowing LE was on their way? When a male reporter was reporting from outside the home, I thought I saw video of bb's mom outside the garage in back of a white vehicle with the hatchback up. I thought he said the team was in the garage already but I may have misunderstood. I figured she was trying to listen to what was being said inside the garage. When they said she was cleaning up, did they mean the garage, her car or both?

ADDING ~ They said bb's mom left the garage door cracked as she had been out there and when LE arrived, you could see the garage door closing. Helps to listen to the report more than once - thanks for the link! So did she give the garage a good sweeping?

It's almost impossible to believe that Joe had the idea to kill Jane and follow through with killing her on his own. That just doesn't fit. How did the struggle take place then and why would he use his hands to personally kill her? You mean to tell me bb stood there and watched while Jane fought for her life against Joe? I can't picture that Joe could have kept up a physical fight to personally strangle Jane. Let's hope they got good DNA evidence that can be matched up to one of the two people who would have reason to do this; either bb or rg. I wonder what kind of hair they found? They'll be able to tell if it belongs to someone other than Jane and if it's from a male or female head especially if it has the root attached.

Does anybody know the shortest amount of time it could take to get some results back?

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/way ... oms-murder
The daughter of Bob and Jane Bashara speaks out for the first time about her mom's murder

--video @ link.

Reporter—she knows her dad is a POI in the murder and she says she knows there have been many reports about her dad’s personal life, but Jessica says, people don’t really know her dad.

Jessica
---honestly right now I’m just focussed on finding out who murdered my mother and I see all those things as totally irrelevant and having nothing to do with, that, at all, so I’m focussing on the great person my mother was and the relationship I knew my parents had. It hasn’t made me question him but it’s made me feel bad for what he’s going through.

Bob—( jane ?? let's talk about ME ) I’m scared that, with all the ineptness and w/ all the innuendos and everything else that people will judge me, not how I am but how they want me to be. I’m frightened about this, to know I could spend the rest of my life in jail ? for a crime I didn’t commit, is a very scary thing.

Reporter—bob says he believes joe is responsible.

Bob—based on what I know yes, I believe he’s the one who did it..he talked about the number of different things and yeah I believe he’s capable, ( and now back to ME )---that I could lose the freedoms that I have b/c of a sick man who did this ,who admitted doing this allegedly, yeah I’m scared but I know the truth will come out and I know we will get past this.

--------jessica and bob on GMA thursday.

It's almost impossible to believe that Joe had the idea to kill Jane and follow through with killing her on his own. That just doesn't fit. How did the struggle take place then and why would he use his hands to personally kill her? You mean to tell me bb stood there and watched while Jane fought for her life against Joe? I can't picture that Joe could have kept up a physical fight to personally strangle Jane. Let's hope they got good DNA evidence that can be matched up to one of the two people who would have reason to do this; either bb or rg. I wonder what kind of hair they found? They'll be able to tell if it belongs to someone other than Jane and if it's from a male or female head especially if it has the root attached.

Does anybody know the shortest amount of time it could take to get some results back?

--they did say the samples were sent out of state , where they will be processed faster.

--as for joe killing jane on his own ? how ridiculous is that....

--griem's ( fairy tales ) would have us believe it was b/c BOB owed him $$$'s --( then why not confront BOB , how does killing jane achieve this ???)

--griem also wants us to know that "bob and jane had an open marriage" ( ummmm, really ?? b/c BOB is flat out denying the affair and swearing he loved 'his jane', 'his sweetheart', 'his partner'...)

--we had another 'chatty' attorney not too long ago that was a head shaker (*baez*) -----hard to believe this guy may be a runner-up in the WTF??? department.

Gentz left in a hurry driven away in a van registered to Steven Dennis Vergona. FOX 2 has learned Gentz's go-to man, who carts him back and forth to the police department, court and even Gentz's landlord, also has another bizarre connection to this case that may be more than a coincidence.

FOX 2 has learned Steve Vergona owns a now abandoned Detroit house on Annott Street.

"He lived here, and he used to come by and check on his property," said a former neighbor. "My boys used to do lawn work for him."

This property and others at one time belonging to Vergona are about one block south from where Jane Bashara's body was found strangled in her Mercedes SUV on Annott near Pinewood.

Was this a coincidence? Was this why Jane Bashara's body was dumped there, an area Gentz was familiar with because of his friend? Or did he have help?
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...reet-where-bashara-found-murdered-20120208-ms

Thanks for all the links. I guess I'm not surprised bob's daughter is defending her Dad. She hasn't even had time to process her Mother's death.

Thanks for all the links. I guess I'm not surprised bob's daughter is defending her Dad. She hasn't even had time to process her Mother's death.

I'm not surprised either .. especially with him practically sitting in her lap ..

This case is so weird ...

imo

I'm not surprised either .. especially with him practically sitting in her lap ..

This case is so weird ...

imo

LOL Wonder what the son thinks at this point. We haven't seen or heard from him since he appeared in front of the house with bob and Grandma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers