GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...09/metro/Pointes-woman-likely-killed-her-home
Pointes woman was likely killed in her home

--( and for the NON shocker file...)

In another development, investigators said Bob Bashara was involved in a relationship with a woman who was questioned in connection with the murder, sources told The News.

The woman, a Wayne State University employee, told police she dated Bashara, whose wife, Jane, was strangled to death last week. Sources said the couple's marriage was rocky, although they weren't planning to divorce.

Police said Bashara's girlfriend listed him as a contact in work-related documents and Bashara recently appeared in her Wayne State office multiple times. The woman told investigators Bashara was planning to buy a house for her, but there were concerns about getting a mortgage, sources said.

The woman told investigators Bashara was planning to buy a house for her, but there were concerns about getting a mortgage, sources said.

If he was buying the house, wouldn't he be getting the mortgage? Or at least co-signing on it? And if so, what's up with a guy who owns 50+ rental properties not being able to purchase one more home?

If he was buying the house, wouldn't he be getting the mortgage? Or at least co-signing on it? And if so, what's up with a guy who owns 50+ rental properties not being able to purchase one more home?

---$$$$$ problems on the 1st 50 ?

Sadly, this is what happens in so many of these cases................ Spouse missing, surviving spouse's initial statements begin to unravel. It's almost like a 'blue print' to murder. No comments necessary. Just the same old, same old........

" No one knows what goes on behind closed doors."

and.............

No one knows what goes on in the mind of a murderer! :(

He/She is a nice guy/gal.
I can't see them doing this.
There is NO WAY they could have done this.
They're innocent.......
yadda, yadda, yadda,....................

No one believes they're lying eyes.

The grass is not always greener on the other side. As a matter of fact it quite often is just .................... dead.

So many victims. So many.

Breaks your heart.

JMHO
fran

PS .................. No bounds, no borders, no moral code? What are we doing to our fellow humans? Love, honor, cherish, does NOT equate to MURDER!

The loss of a portion of one's wealth.............., does NOT justify murder!............

What are we doing to our fellow human beings?

So MANY bodies, some yet NOT found! :( fran

Sources: Grosse Pointe Park woman's killer did not act alone
Source: Crime scene was staged in 56-year-old woman's strangulation death

Sources also tell Local 4 that investigators are taking a close look at Bob Bashara's business life. They say he owns more than 50 rental properties such as homes in Harper Woods, Detroit and Grosse Pointe Park. Investigators want to know out of all the tenants, did the Bashara family have an enemy or relationship with someone who would carry out a crime?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...lone/-/1719314/8568588/-/vb1lfez/-/index.html

Well if her car has GPS, I would think this should be pretty easy to solve. If the car goes from her work meeting to home and then to Detroit where she was found, it seems pretty obvious it's the husband. But if she was out doing errands, maybe something did happen to her that doesn't include husband. Maybe husband failed poly because he has been unfaithful, but didn't kill her (trying to not be my usual cynical "husband did it" self).

The only thing that doesn't make a lot sense though if it was a random killer is the strangling manner of death. I don't think I've ever heard of this for a quick robbery. Usually the guy has a gun or a knife, right?

I guess someone could have come to her door to rob her and make her drive somewhere, but I would think there would be ATM activity and that would already be released. Since it hasn't, it seems to point to husband though.

If it is the husband, I bet he has a girlfriend or some seedy side life. I can't recall a wife murder of recent that doesn't include this? Seems like all husband killers (of their wives) are cheats also (but as a the defense atty ALWAYS says, just because he's a lying, cheating husband, doesn't mean he is a killer. Yeah right).

Police said Monday that Bob Bashara spent time at the Hard Luck Lounge the evening his wife went missing, but the exact hours are unclear. A manager at the lounge declined to comment Monday.

Bob Bashara rents that property and others along Mack Avenue.

According to Wayne County records, his company -- B&B Investment Company -- is delinquent on taxes, owing nearly $10,000 at the property where the lounge is housed and nearly $8,000 for the property at 15402 Mack, where Dylan's Raw Bar & Grille is located.

State business records list Robert M. Bashara Sr. as the resident agent of B&B Investment Company.

Grosse Pointe Park Capt. David Loch said the investigation is ongoing. When asked whether police are looking into cell phone records, he said, "It's certainly an avenue that we're exploring."
http://www.freep.com/article/201201...nt-missing?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

http://www.hardlucklounge.com/
hard luck lounge ^^
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hard+...I&cid=0,0,907649747810053775&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Ok, here we go. The Hard Luck Lounge - is that a strip joint or just a seedy bar? Money problems = motive? Regarding the back taxes, I wonder if that could be defended as a lot of realty/prop mgt companies in Detroit are under water because of the severe economic depression there.....

Question though about locations. How far is that alley from their house? Would he have had to had an accomplice? I mean how would he drive her car there and then have his car available? I wonder if they have interviewed cab drivers.

Maybe I missed it, but did Bob go to Jane's visitation?

I did some reading on the hard luck lounge.. seems like a pretty nice place with good reviews... (has a vegas type atmosphere) and won some local awards.

However, with that being said, it is in the same building as property that he owns... was he setting up his alibi by stopping in for a cold one after his wife "didn't show" at the rental property she was "supposed to meet him at" so that people would see him there?

just a thought...

not surprised there is another woman or money problems :-(

it gets stranger peeps!

"Around 4:15 p.m. after the body was discovered in the alley, a white male who said he was from Grosse Pointe came by going through the neighborhood saying that there [was] a $10,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person who murdered Jane Bashara," one woman told us, who wished not to be identified.

reward? did I miss something?

People in that east side neighborhood told us they remember seeing the car Tuesday night, and they've come up with an interesting timeline.

"I came through about 6:30 p.m. that evening and the vehicle wasn't there at that time. I know it wasn't," the aforementioned woman said.

"It was my daughter that saw the car," said Sherrie Gould. "She said I saw that truck last night when she [got] off between 8:30 and 9:00."

Police are being flooded with tips. Some have proven to be valuable leads.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...to-help-with-murder-investigation-20120130-ms

and just for sake of the timeline: the car was found Wednesday am at 0930:

Detroit police say they found the victim's body about 9:30 a.m Wednesday in the rear seat of a car that is believed to have belonged to her.http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...tioned-in-his-wifes-murder-says-hes-innocent/

so the car is found wed am at 0930 and by 1630 a man is in the area saying there is a 10k reward?

interesting

Since LE is putting out the info that they do not think the perp acted alone, AND that they are looking closely at BB's business associations, I'm guessing that he might have called in a favor from someone who owed him rent money. I think the reason why LE believes the killer had help is that whoever dropped the car off in that alley with the victim in it had to have had a ride to get away from the location. Of course, the killer and the accomplice could have shared the duties of this crime any number of ways.

I cannot imagine being a family member in such a tragedy when the suspicion is so great. It must seem surreal - first the awful news of a loved ones' death, and then the very public speculation of who is likely responsible. I am glad LE is making known their POI, but I feel compassion for the family who must be grieving in such a complicated scenario. Prayers are with them.

He did go to the service. There is video of him in the pervious links at the service.

That had to be an awkward service. Prayers for the Family and Friends :rose:

From someone I am close with - connections to local LE agencies...

We are going to see an arrest very shortly here, possibly today.

She was found in the trunk with broken fingernails, bruises and contusions all over her upper body (mostly back), and her husband DID have contact with her the evening she went missing contray to his assertions.

Stay tuned...

ALL MOO and all that other jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members