GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
..judge bashara was big bobb's father.

..at the time of his death in 2002, the judge was married to bob's step-mom S, and not his mother nancy, that we've seen bob w/ in media interviews recently.

http://www.grossepointenews.com/Obituary-26147.112112_Judge-George-N-Bashara.html

--george bashara obituary--

One of the reasons I became confused is because when I clicked on the link, the first guy described, whose name begins with a 'H', wife's name is Nancy. So I thought I was reading about bb's step dad. Then I saw the Bashara name below and realized this judge and bb have the same last name so that must have been his bio dad. Thanks for the clarification.

I see that bb had big shoes to fill based on both his father and his grandfather's backgrounds. Maybe that's how he acquired the nickname 'shorty'.

Bashara case teaser for 5:00 news on WDIV: Could BB's girlfriend figure into the investigation? The plot thickens...

George Bashara, a 33rd-degree Mason

Excerpt from above post. In an earlier post on this thread, I wondered whether or not BB had Mafia connections as the Grosse Pointes (GPP, in particular) have long been known for such activity. I hadn't considered Masonry, but that could surely open up some canned worms. jmo

One of the reasons I became confused is because when I clicked on the link, the first guy described, whose name begins with a 'H', wife's name is Nancy. So I thought I was reading about bb's step dad. Then I saw the Bashara name below and realized this judge and bb have the same last name so that must have been his bio dad. Thanks for the clarification.

I see that bb had big shoes to fill based on both his father and his grandfather's backgrounds. Maybe that's how he acquired the nickname 'shorty'.

BBM

Woe, are you implying that BB has, er, small feet? :D

--big bobb also had that nickname?

--i recall david griem opening his ( bizarro 90 minute P/C ) with a joke about it in reference to himself..

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/bashara-attorney-david-greim-calls-press-conference

Griem--"But I do want to dispel the rumours that some of these ladies had my photographs , that’s not true. And I want to dispel the rumour that my S&M code name is “Shorty” and it didn’t refer to my height. That also wasn’t true. I apologize for this feeble attempt at humour..."

I'm not sure I understand what you mean regarding the child molestation charges possibly being dropped for Jane's sake. IMO that would be a terrible reason to drop them and I'm having trouble imagining her looking the other way. I wonder what the circumstance of the accusation was. :waitasec:
I hope there aren't higher powers (and I don't mean God) standing in bb's corner.

It was a shot in the dark guess on my part. If someone in the family accused him of it, I thought maybe since it would be a really big story for two people that stood out in the community. Maybe they handled it behind closed doors so not to have Jane's name associated with that type of accusation, since she was so active with the school? Just a wild guess.

The story that Local 4 is going to broadcast tomorrow night at ten.....do you think one hour will be enough time with all the twists and turns that keep coming out? :rolleyes:

http://www.freep.com/article/201202...-slaying-Investigative-subpoenas-being-issued

Jane Bashara slaying: Investigative subpoenas being issued

Feb.16/2012.

Krisciunas, a former top-ranking prosecutor, said the subpoenas and the second search make sense with the assignment of assistant prosecutor Lisa Lindsey to the case.

"She is the most thorough person in the world," he said. "There can be things that should have been done or found the first time. Or they can be looking for other things based on Gentz's statement, or to corroborate what he told them."

Steve Fishman, a top criminal lawyer, said the subpoenas are used "in difficult or complex cases," or when witnesses are uncooperative.

"People tend to be more forthcoming when they're forced to raise their hand and swear to tell the truth under penalty of perjury," Fishman said.

--some interesting info on bob , his education, community service etc..

clipboard011c.jpg

Story on page 4A

http://digitize.gp.lib.mi.us/digitize/n ... -08-14.pdf

BBM

Woe, are you implying that BB has, er, small feet? :D

No, the small feet thing was implied a long time ago, I can't remember why or by whom, that bb's nickname is 'shorty' down in the dungeon.
I was attempting to make a joke :blushing: that instead bb may have acquired the nickname 'shorty' due to having fallen short of his grandfather and his father's professional accomplishments.

That's quite an impressive resume' of Community Service. Oh well I guess Pillars do crumble in time.

--big bobb also had that nickname?

--i recall david griem opening his ( bizarro 90 minute P/C ) with a joke about it in reference to himself..

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/bashara-attorney-david-greim-calls-press-conference

Griem--"But I do want to dispel the rumours that some of these ladies had my photographs , that’s not true. And I want to dispel the rumour that my S&M code name is “Shorty” and it didn’t refer to my height. That also wasn’t true. I apologize for this feeble attempt at humour..."

You're kidding! Now I'm really laughing. Griem said that about himself? I always thought it was in reference to bb.
I had the feeling that Griem was a friend of S&M - lol! He's a real doozy - geez.

he really said it woe! he also told the reporters that if they wanted another round of questions they would have to buy him a beer (this was after he went around the room about 6 times and the reporters actually had run out of questions!)

I cant even begin to imagine Griem "on beer" he would never stop talking :what:

I personally think some of the investigative subpoenas are for
1) the mysterious TJ
2) the mistress
3) possible woman number two in oregon

just my opinion

It was a shot in the dark guess on my part. If someone in the family accused him of it, I thought maybe since it would be a really big story for two people that stood out in the community. Maybe they handled it behind closed doors so not to have Jane's name associated with that type of accusation, since she was so active with the school? Just a wild guess.

The story that Local 4 is going to broadcast tomorrow night at ten.....do you think one hour will be enough time with all the twists and turns that keep coming out? :rolleyes:

Oh I see what you mean - that Jane may have requested that her family keep it private. Jane also may have had issues with denial too especially if there wasn't strong evidence. Which begs the question now that bb's computer has been searched by LE, what all did they find there? If they didn't find child *advertiser censored* than it may have been a false alarm. Sick, either way.

How can non locals view the broadcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member