GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bob Bashara, convicted of having wife killed, dies in prison

Chris Gautz, an MDOC spokesman, said Bashara, 62, who had been an inmate at the department's prison in Whitmore Lake, died at an Ann Arbor area hospital.

"I cannot talk about the cause of death due to HIPPA, but in case you were wondering if it was COVID, I can’t say that due to the same privacy law," Gautz said in an email, "but I can tell you that there were no positive cases at the prison he was at."

Barbara Naeyaert, Jane Bashara's great aunt, said, "This will finally give some closure for the kids and for the whole family."
Naeyaert said Bashara had been on dialysis recently and had liver problems

Sister of Bob Bashara’s wife ‘disappointed he only spent 8 years in prison’ before death

'That is just not long enough for all that he ruined'

WHITMORE LAKE, Mich. – Bob Bashara, who was convicted of plotting his wife’s murder in 2012, died earlier this week while serving a life sentence. His wife’s sister said she’s disappointed Bashara didn’t serve more of his prison time for the pain he caused.

“I am disappointed he only spent eight years in prison,” said Julie Rowe, Jane Bashara’s sister, in a statement. “That is just not long enough for all that he ruined.”...

I think that Jane's sister can take solace in the fact that Bob was probably not welcomed into the "pearly gates". Big Bob will likely spend eternity in the "dungeon" :D

NBC’s Dateline to review Bashara murder case in ‘Sex, Lies & Murder’ special (clickondetroit.com)

The murder of Jane Bashara will be the topic of this week’s “Dateline” on NBC.

“Sex, Lies & Murder” will review the case against Jane’s husband, Bob Bashara, after her body was found dead in January 2012.

Local 4′s Hank Winchester and Marc Santia, who now works in New York, will offer insight on the case that they helped cover for years.

Judge Vonda Evans, who presided over the case against Bob and his handyman turned hitman, also was interviewed.

The special is scheduled to air Friday, April 9, at 9 p.m. on NBC...

Deadline Detroit | Trailer: 'Dateline NBC' Focuses Friday on the Bob Bashara Murder Case from Metro Detroit

..."Dateline NBC" will feature the Bashara story Friday at 9 p.m. The show includes an interview with co-lead investigator, Grosse Pointe Park Police Detective Mike Narduzzi, and then-Judge Vonda Evans, who presided over the trial.

"You were a product of privilege ... (your mother) loved you," Evans said at sentencing. "But she did not know how to train you to be a man. There were no boundaries, no expectations. You were not allowed to fail, and failure teaches us more about life than all the successes combined."...

I missed the show. Was it a rehash of all before, or new interviews and information?

Judge Vonda Evans reflects on the Bashara murder trial (clickondetroit.com)

The investigation of Jane Bashara’s murder and the trial of her husband Bob Bashara were the focus of a special Dateline NBC that aired Friday night.

Jane’s husband, Bob Bashara’s secret life, mistress, secret sex dungeon and the handyman he hired to kill Jane was all exposed.

Judge Vonda Evans presided over the trial.

“Sex, lies, betrayal and death. That’s something we will always be interested in as a society, unfortunately. And that trial had all of the components,” Evans said...

I was working for an attorney when this horrible murder occurred- I discussed it with my boss who said (seriously)- something to the effect that he had met Bob Bashara because both my boss and Bashara were Rotarians- and Bob couldn't have murdered his wife because a Rotarian would never do that!!!! I said to him "you're joking right?"
He wasn't joking. We rarely discussed this case again. I just thought it was remarkable that my boss actually believed that !!!!!

The world is definitely a better place without Mr. Bashara in it

But when Jane suddenly disappeared in January 2012, the investigation that followed would reveal that Bob was more than just a gregarious and helpful neighbor. Bob was also hiding a secret life filled with sex dungeons, a fascination with the BDSM lifestyle, and a girlfriend who had given him a “deadline.”

“I remember it as though it was five minutes ago. Seeing the steps lead down to that dungeon, a portal to a world of fetishes that made some people recoil,” Correspondent Dennis Murphy shared of what made the case so memorable for him. “It’s a journey with bizarre twists and turns.”
Beloved Community Leader's Secret Life and Sex Dungeon Exposed After Wife Disappears | Oxygen Official Site

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky
Back