MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is local, he may not have been away from his home for more than a few hours, possibly unnoticed by all, if he lives alone. He may have done whatever he normally does on Saturdays, which could lead some to think it could not have been him.

Of course all theories are possible and we as a group put our thinking caps on and in some cases we are right. I agree with your description of him except for not thinking he was the planner type and I always appreciate your posts in many cases.

I definately entertain theories of a crime of opportunity for the sake any discussion that will find her.

I definitely see both sides, guess I was just trying to see why he would be so obvious. Alcohol came to mind.

I'm not a fan of piling on usually, but the owner of the store is really a <modsnip> for allowing smallish female clerks to work alone at night with no security cameras. If mods want to slap my wrist for saying that so be it. It's the truth.

It's what I've been screaming for years! Hotels do it, too. I know one girl at a hotel in Michigan who paid with her life. No cameras there, either, until it was too late. There are no excuses anymore for a lack of cameras!

I just modified my avatar.

I found the POI picture on HLN.

The picture is not modified, it is simply cutting off the hair portion.

WOW. Guy looks different, doesn't he?

sketch.jpg

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/01/missing-michigan-mom

Since we've read this is a 10 out of 10, how could there not be a bunch of people who have said, "Oh, that's so and so?" His features are so distinctive.

If he is local, he may not have been away from his home for more than a few hours, possibly unnoticed by all, if he lives alone. He may have done whatever he normally does on Saturdays, which could lead some to think it could not have been him.

I am thinking this is the profile. Local loner/loser. Substance abuse beyond alcohol. Has offended against petite or young women/girls before. Occupation requires limited interaction with others.

To the people of Norton Shores and surrounding area:

-Who has a new hair cut (or shaved/dyed his head)?

-Who is drinking/using drugs more than usual?

-Who missed an appointment/engagement/work on Saturday, April 27, 2013?

-Who has been following Jessica's case very closely?

-Who's silver mini-van has recently gone in for repairs, been stolen, not around?

A few more possibilities:

-Who has unexplained injuries (scratches)?

-Who is behaving erratically?

-Who is looking over his shoulder a lot?

-Who has left town abruptly?

-Who is chain smoking and shaky nervous all of a sudden?

I am on my nook at my sisters and can't post links, but if this didn't get posted, will someone please do it? Fox17 tweeted 3 hrs ago that msp copter was responding to a 2nd tip. If its here and I missed it, please disregard.

Have a family reunion starting tomorrow, it's like the commercial where the kids say "yay"

I hope Jessica is found, somehow safe but found none the less. Hopefully I can check in or at least follow you all.

Thanks in advance for your updates.

I am thinking this is the profile. Local loner/loser. Substance abuse beyond alcohol. Has offended against petite or young women/girls before. Occupation requires limited interaction with others.

And has access to a mini-van, not a usual vehcile for a lone male. Someone has to know a guy like this. How many single (presumably, based on stats I believe) drive mini-vans that are not clearly carpenter vans, or other work vans?

Its not a quiet Sunday night, or even a slow Monday.
Its a Friday night. People out having late dinners and drinking, on their way to do a little late night walmart preparing for the weekends. Friday nights are always very busy in my town. I think the timing was so risky, even if he knew there were no camera's. Why this Friday night?

jmo

Wife/girlfriend away for the weekend or night, maybe, unexpectantly and took the kids. jmo

ETA, or retired parents to the airport and kept their van.

And has access to a mini-van, not a usual vehcile for a lone male. Someone has to know a guy like this. How many single (presumably, based on stats I believe) drive mini-vans that are not clearly carpenter vans, or other work vans?

Newspaper delivery. Small town postal delivery drivers. Floral delivery.

I am on my nook at my sisters and can't post links, but if this didn't get posted, will someone please do it? Fox17 tweeted 3 hrs ago that msp copter was responding to a 2nd tip. If its here and I missed it, please disregard.

I posted it.

It's what I've been screaming for years! Hotels do it, too. I know one girl at a hotel in Michigan who paid with her life. No cameras there, either, until it was too late. There are no excuses anymore for a lack of cameras!

I saw the interview On on the record with Greta on Fox News a few nights ago and the police chief said this gas station was not the only one in the area without cameras. I hope those other gas stations have installed them now it is shocking they don't already have them.

Ok, I'm following. Finish the profile. You seem to have one in mind. Good start.

I really wish I could finish it but there are so many variables. My thoughts would center on her habits - her work schedule, etc. If she worked primarily mornings, then I could see a blue collar type (construction, self-employed, etc), perhaps with an (unknown) past violent and/or sexually deviant history, coming in every morning very early for coffee and a doughnut and shooting the breeze with her (or more importantly, shooting the breeze with others about her). He would probably be a rugged, minimally educated, salt of the earth type in his 40s-50s either divorced or single with a history of unstable sexual relationships or domestic violence. Maturity level and IQ are probably low too, and he has a short fuse.

Or, if she worked primarily mid shift or evenings, it could be someone younger (25-35) with a shy and unstable presence - meaning lack of a steady job, unkempt, loner, etc. Any hint of positive attention would get his fantasy narrative going. Think borderline personality disorder - friendly until someone sets him off via rejection or making him feel dumb, etc. May have past run ins with the law but perhaps not of the violent type.

Either way, if I were the police, I would be scanning every credit/debit card purchase over the last few weeks to few months and try to find a corresponding pattern - particularly matching name to DMV photo to car type. He most certainly had to purchase something there at some point, and the likelihood that he always used cash is slim.

All of the above is speculative and IMO, and certainly open to feedback/criticism, and even adding to the hypothesis if you wish.

I have had a sick feeling all day that this minivan is not the kidnap vehicle and we are all way off base. I have never followed a case so closely before, and maybe I'm just feeling defeated after a full week. The sketchy (imo) witness story, the glasses, the lack of leads...finding out that a rso was allowed to register his address 161 ft from an elementary school...watching the melee of locals piling onto the station owner who had already been declared not a poi by le, the misleading reporting by local media...I feel like it's all working against bringing Jessica home.

Okayyy... Could the perp be a guy that travels for business...

Maybe Norton Shores, MI has a hub... Or a satellite office.... Connected to his business...

His family does not suspect anything... Because he is away on his monthly/every-other-month/etc. trip...?

but he is a regular at this gas station when he is in town....

Just throwing out a possible scenario....(or not...)

JMO

IMO Luciano always has the clear insightful--experienced professional in LE? take on what is happening--not over the top but rational--

I really wish I could finish it but there are so many variables. My thoughts would center on her habits - her work schedule, etc. If she worked primarily mornings, then I could see a blue collar type (construction, self-employed, etc), perhaps with an (unknown) past violent and/or sexually deviant history, coming in every morning very early for coffee and a doughnut and shooting the breeze with her (or more importantly, shooting the breeze with others about her). He would probably be a rugged, minimally educated, salt of the earth type in his 40s-50s either divorced or single with a history of unstable sexual relationships or domestic violence. Maturity level and IQ are probably low too, and he has a short fuse.

Or, if she worked primarily mid shift or evenings, it could be someone younger (25-35) with a shy and unstable presence - meaning lack of a steady job, unkempt, loner, etc. Any hint of positive attention would get his fantasy narrative going. Think borderline personality disorder - friendly until someone sets him off via rejection or making him feel dumb, etc. May have past run ins with the law but perhaps not of the violent type.

Either way, if I were the police, I would be scanning every credit/debit card purchase over the last few weeks to few months and try to find a corresponding pattern - particularly matching name to DMV photo to car type. He most certainly had to purchase something there at some point, and the likelihood that he always used cash is slim.

All of the above is speculative and IMO, and certainly open to feedback/criticism, and even adding to the hypothesis if you wish.

Amazing. REALLY good. I'm particularly intrigued by the credit card record analysis suggestion. That's wonderful use of available data points. Lets look at what we have here instead of what we don't (cameras). You might even expand that analysis to nearby businesses that would give the perp an excuse to be in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966