MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, remember the young barista that worked at Starbucks she was goi g out to work kissed hubby bye and the wack job neighbor took and murdered her

Surely if this is someone her fiancé knows, it would have occurred to him by now?

Not necessarily. I'm not saying they are close friends but familiar with each other.

. I have a question! Why was the coworker in the guitar store parking lot ?

I know that LE likes to keep some secrets to themselves so that the perp doesn't know how close they are to finding him. Publishing the "we've got nothing" stories to back it up. IMHO They're following every lead to rather be safe than sorry, and they're closer than what we think, to finding him.

I know that LE likes to keep some secrets to themselves so that the perp doesn't know how close they are to finding him. Publishing the "we've got nothing" stories to back it up. IMHO They're following every lead to rather be safe than sorry, and they're closer than what we think, to finding him.

it's all so confusing. i've seen twitter posts by Shaw that say that they're miles ahead of square one... other reports have said that they have some information that they won't be releasing... but then there are posts and reports of "we've got nothing" sooooooo... which is it?!

it's all so confusing. i've seen twitter posts by Shaw that say that they're miles ahead of square one... other reports have said that they have some information that they won't be releasing... but then there are posts and reports of "we've got nothing" sooooooo... which is it?!

I know it's frustrating but I'm sure they are miles ahead of square one. They'll follow up on the leads that make most sense and then post the stories whether they've found something or not. IE "we've got nothing". But, they'll keep the information that does pan out to themselves so that the perp doesn't know how close they actually are. The Cell tower pings are something that they haven't released the details on yet~that I know of. That is probably some really credible evidence. I think keeping the perp in the dark is a really good tactic so that he doesn't jump and run. And they will do this even if it keeps us in the dark as well. Even though they need us to be on the lookout, it doesn't necessarily mean they need us anymore. They may have all the info they need to catch him..it's just that one teeny piece of evidence they need for proof. Proof to issue a warrant or bust a door down. It's just a matter of time before there's a huge break in the story. This is just MOO.

I phoned in the tip on the van without a license plate today. I expect they would check it out tomorrow. Then if they wanted to search it a couple of days to make the search legal.
To do things according toprocedues takes time. I think tips websleuths phoned in a few days ago are resulting in searches over the next few days. An idea just occurred to me that perhaps the stations to the south tha have reported lurkers could have video of the plate on the car.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130502/NEWS06/130502002

Here's one of the interviews the guitar store guy, CVA, gave.
He says JH was outside changing the receipt tapes on the pumps earlier when a man (in a van) spoke to her.

My husband tells me that when the pump is working properly, and you're paying with credit, an attendant shouldn't have to do anything. The machine approves the transaction and then you put the gas in your tank. After you replace the nozzle the pump resets itself automatically. If you don't take the receipt (if you told it 'yes') it will wait a few minutes before letting the next customer pump, then it resets all by itself.

Since we know Jessica replaced the receipt papers earlier in the day, according to guitar guy, the receipt system should not have interferred with a transaction.

When you're paying cash, the attendant gets involved with the transaction but enters the cash amount when you're in the store (usually). Husband says if they know you, you can say the amount into a loud speaker and they'll set the pump and let you pay when you're done. So, maybe the guy was trying to get her attention from the pump to pay in cash? But he said he couldn't get it to function. It should have functioned.

So, I'm still wondering why the 911 caller had trouble with the pump.
He also said that he waved about six cars on who drove into get gas. I wonder if any of those people have collaborated his story.

The final transaction was at 10:50*(although some reports say 10:51 or 10:55 - wth?). The 911 caller arrived at 11:07. That's 17 minutes time inbetween. Then another 8 mins until he dials 911. Total: 25 minutes or just 8 minutes.
*Afaik, we don't know who this customer is but he's the regular customer who has been cleared. Agree?

(What would change everything is if the 10:50 guy drives a silver van. He'd have to be an idiot though to leave a paper trail pointing to him being Jessica's last customer.)
But unlucky her that inbetween these two guys, someone sweeps in and abducts her and no one notices.

The people I've read mentioned who have been cleared (casually, I didn't get quotes from CS) are: fiance, ex-boyfriend, a regular customer, and a 4th person who remains unidentified. The last two are ambiguous because no names are given. I don't really care who the ex is because he wasn't on the scene or anything.

LE has interviewed many people now. The four mentioned were from an early report.

Has Chief Shaw named other people specifically who he considers cleared?

It doesn't really matter because he hasn't named a poi either. The peeps we've heard from so far though knew Jessica to some extent. As I've re-read some articles, Chief seems to think the perp is someone she knows (I was mistaken when I said today was the first hint of that).

Chief Shaw has mentioned search warrants several times now. Clue?
Do they detect Jessica is being held somewhere and they're not free to search premises without a search warrant? How frustrating!

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/search-warrant-basics-29742.html
(About search warrants)

I'd check machine shops south of the Exxon station.

Hey. I'm pretty clumsy and from way out of town (georgia) so I could easily get "lost". I would volunteer to stumble onto the scene.

Just kidding. I know I can't, but sure would like to.

I thought he was talking about search warrants in relation to why he did not want the public searching now, as they would need warrants for private property.

They also have to follow up on remotely legitimate leads so that a defense attorney doesn't one day claim it was tunnel vision and LE failed to follow up on all leads.

Still it is weird to say "we" on a 911 call if you are alone.

The 911 call is printed in the article so I went back and read it prior to responding. He doesn't use 'we' in the 911 call. When being interviewed in the video, he says '"we" several times when speaking to a reporter. Is he trying to give the impression he wasn't alone (thinking ahead). Anyway, he claims he was still there when the officer arrived, so he was either alone or he wasn't. The officer should know the truth. I doubt the other person sat in the car and stayed there in the midst of this problem.

What do you mean? I didn't say that the 911 caller is TAH. I asked if the 911 caller was reporting about TAH being a frequent customer at the gas station.......:confused:

Gotcha. Someone called 911 to report TAH because they saw him in a silver minivan. There's nothing at this time to suggest that he was a regular customer at the Exxon.

Have we seen or heard from Jessica's dad? Does she have one? (I mean a relationship with her father.)

I have been wondering this same thing...

have we heard anything from or about Jessica's dad?

TIA...:seeya:

I have been wondering this same thing...

have we heard anything from or about Jessica's dad?

TIA...:seeya:

I am quoting myself to say thank you for the above posts with links that explains Jessica's dad is estranged, wants to keep a low profile, and is concerned...

:seeya:

Bumping this up since there is much talk of this RSO this morning. Hope it helps anyone else who missed it.

OT, lets all try to remember that we aren't all on the same time zone and even those who closely follow certain cases can easily miss something in a fast moving thread. Lets try to be kind and helpful, k? We're all here for the same reason.

Thank you Kaliste...MUCH appreciated! :seeya:

this has me very concerned. I think sand mining is part of this somehow.
and is it possible the perp took her to a location on the other side of Lake Michigan from Harbor Island? either he has a boat or stole/borrowed one? I wonder if any boats were reported missing/moved/damaged.

I keep thinking of water and bridges (and there is so much water there) but because you bring up boats I was wondering where are locations that a boat can be put in. I guess it would have to be private enough where the perp would feel confident he wasn't seen by neighbors or turkey hunters. Are there any sand bars that can be accessed by boat?

just thoughts
Where are you Jessica?
jmo

I know it's frustrating but I'm sure they are miles ahead of square one. They'll follow up on the leads that make most sense and then post the stories whether they've found something or not. IE "we've got nothing". But, they'll keep the information that does pan out to themselves so that the perp doesn't know how close they actually are. The Cell tower pings are something that they haven't released the details on yet~that I know of. That is probably some really credible evidence. I think keeping the perp in the dark is a really good tactic so that he doesn't jump and run. And they will do this even if it keeps us in the dark as well. Even though they need us to be on the lookout, it doesn't necessarily mean they need us anymore. They may have all the info they need to catch him..it's just that one teeny piece of evidence they need for proof. Proof to issue a warrant or bust a door down. It's just a matter of time before there's a huge break in the story. This is just MOO.

You know, I felt optimistic when Holly Bobo was kidnapped, they were finding evidence, had an eye-witness to the actual event, etc. and here we are two-plus hears later. They gave us the "one clue away" at the time thing. And it just does not always come. Same with Kyron-who thought they would be no closer to finding him three years later?

I am a little more hopeful here, since they seem to have a vehicle description, that they may eventually find the perp. But even that does guarantee they will find Jessica. I hate being such a downer, maybe it is due to following hundreds of cases here on WS with most of the victims still missing.

Just trying to catch up on the Shaw questions today etc., but, I was dismayed to note that he is relying on the witnesses and video to verify the van. I would have expected that wheelbase analysis had been done to verify the make and model of the van, I know it has been done in other cases.

So glad he answered questions though.

Nothing new to report from Norton Shores tonight. Was out at the beach and around town. Saw another chopper in the air around 7:30 pm.
News8 crew doing a remote (I think that's what they're called...one reporter, one camera guy) on the front lawn of the Norton Shores City Hall/Police Department.
Noticed that some of the businesses don't have the newer flyers that show the POI, but still have the older flyers in their windows. I think it's important to get the POI and van pictures up around town. Pictures of Jessica aren't really that helpful at this point, IMO.
That's it. Jessica's family must be compltely emotionally drained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar