MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that I cannot get out of my head is that the dark vehicle seen just ahead of the van in both videos is involved. I watched the videos again and it's really a feeling that I am getting.

It bothers me too that the silver van is the wrong vehicle. I'm glad the community still has Jessica in their thoughts and prayers. I just hope we get news soon.

Are most missing persons found in the same state they went missing or are they generally taken out of state?

The one thing that I cannot get out of my head is that the dark vehicle seen just ahead of the van in both videos is involved. I watched the videos again and it's really a feeling that I am getting.

You bring up an excellent point that has merit. If we look at this from a slightly different perspective it might help.

Since the eye witness(es) ID'ed the silver mini van, focus has rightly been focused on that vehicle. Unfortunately that has not yielded any fruit so far.

What if investigators were to consider a scenario in which the dark sedan is somehow related to the abduction. Maybe both vehicles were somehow involved. If so, then ID'ing that vehicle owner could help break open the case.

The assumption so far is the dark vehicle is not related to Jessica's disappearance. What if that assumption is false ? Anytime we get stuck it can help to go back and challenge underlying assumptions, which if false can block us from seeing the truth.

I'm still here too, checking in at least once a day. Just haven't felt I've had anything useful to add recently.

I can tell you that Jessica's flyers are still up all over the place. The Mexican restaurant still has Prayers for Jessica on one side of their sign and One Mission on the other. Jessica and her family are still very much on our minds and in our hearts. We are talking about her.

And also, there is someone out there who steals women and we have to live knowing he could be anywhere among us.

I noticed that the family's command post was closed down earlier today than I've seen before, and they spent Saturday at the benefit and Sunday with family for Mother's Day. They have to be completely emotionally and physically drained. How do you move on with your life when you don't even know where your fiance, daughter or granddaughter is? How long do you sit in a parking lot waiting? How do you ever celebrate another holiday? How do you enjoy a meal when you don't know if your child is hungry? How do you crawl into your warm bed at night not knowing if your child is cold? And her little boy, wondering where mom went and why she hasn't come home. I can't imagine what they are going through, and my heart is breaking for them.

Flutterby80, your post is so eloquently written, and the empathy you have for others has touched my heart.

It bothers me too that the silver van is the wrong vehicle. I'm glad the community still has Jessica in their thoughts and prayers. I just hope we get news soon.

Are most missing persons found in the same state they went missing or are they generally taken out of state?

Yes, maybe the silver van is not the van who took her? In My Opinion, or the silver van and other vehicle are somehow connected, or one or the other, or none of these.....all those options to consider....Yes, I hope we get news soon, and for a healthy and alive Jessica to reappear.
It is sad that she missed Mother's Day, for herself and her own family. God Bless!

so, if police have no other real promising information to go on, why are no searches going on? worst case scenario... they don't find her (but this could be best scenario because maybe she IS alive?), other best case scenario... they find her AND other evidence to lead them to the suspect.

this is one of only a few cases where i haven't seen searches been going on like crazy. i just don't get it. sure, maybe they don't have any real good ideas of where to start searching, but start where they last saw the van on video?!

one last thing.. how did no other cameras pick the van up?? there's gotta be something else to go on here...

I saw somewhere ( FB Maybe ? ) that Jamie Jones and the missing you foundation in Michigan have gotten the ok from the Norton Shores police to put together a search with canines. ( I think it's ok to post this, but it did come from FB, pretty sure that is where I saw it, if not ok mods please edit me out )

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/police_chief_on_jessica_heerin.html

"Police Chief on Jessica Heeringa case: Now is not the time for independent ground searches."

"Shaw respectfully asks that the public holds off on canvassing the area for clues to Heeringa’s whereabouts."

“Our concerns about conducting ground searches at this point are, number one, we don’t have a defined area to begin a search. Based on the evidence we have, we believe she was transported from the scene, so where do we start?,” Shaw said. “The ground search would probably not be a good use of resources at this time.”

Thank you for the responses.

When I said "little police activity" I meant that it just doesn't seem like they have released much- and hopefully that is for the best interest of Jessica. I pray she is out there, surviving and will be back with her family soon.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/police_chief_on_jessica_heerin.html

"Police Chief on Jessica Heeringa case: Now is not the time for independent ground searches."

"Shaw respectfully asks that the public holds off on canvassing the area for clues to Heeringa’s whereabouts."

“Our concerns about conducting ground searches at this point are, number one, we don’t have a defined area to begin a search. Based on the evidence we have, we believe she was transported from the scene, so where do we start?,” Shaw said. “The ground search would probably not be a good use of resources at this time.”

I don't get this. If he is offering a reason why his department has not done searches that is one thing. But to basically tell the public "don't waste your time looking" doesn't sit too well with me. At some point it seems someone needs to start searching. JMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Chief Dan Shaw said today he does not want to use resources to do any ground searches at this time. He is also concerned about the public doing searches because they could cause a problem with the evidence found.

On Jessica's Facebook page the admin posted the article from mlive about chief shaw requesting people do not conduct their own searches (Treelights just posted above) there is a person posting (JJ) will be conducting searches this weekend- this person seems to be training dogs in search and rescue and claims that the NSPD has approved of this.

Jessica's Myspace from 2009 is still up - she had posted a few poems back then. This makes me so sad.

Maybe I don't have a melody
My music is lost to the wind
My tune has been inhaled
My violins may lift my heart
But the tears still fall
Maybe I'm not singing loud enough.

This one gave me the shivers:

As I suspected You came through the door Your eyes not happy anymore You wrapped the leash Around my heart And went for the door Passed through No turning back Without a word or a glance
For the heart your dragging behind

Just wanted to share these poems, my apologies if this has already been posted, or mods, please remove if this is inappropriate. Another poster had said we know so little about Jessica personally, I thought I'd share these.
I think that there is a real softie underneath her "scrappy" exterior.

Chief Dan Shaw said today he does not want to use resources to do any ground searches at this time. He is also concerned about the public doing searches because they could cause a problem with the evidence found.

Someone finding evidence should be the least of their worries, if this is true. Finding anything at all that may lead to a suspect or to Jessica should be the only concern, or there may never be a court case. And probably 99% or more of people who would make the effort to search would know not to pick up possible evidence.

There have been plenty of cases where people have found guns or other items and turned them into police and those items are later used in court.

I do think it is unlikely she is within walking distance of the store, so he right, in that,where do you start looking?

Yes, maybe the silver van is not the van who took her? In My Opinion, or the silver van and other vehicle are somehow connected, or one or the other, or none of these.....all those options to consider....Yes, I hope we get news soon, and for a healthy and alive Jessica to reappear.
It is sad that she missed Mother's Day, for herself and her own family. God Bless!

this is a very important aspect of the case and I really hope LE is looking outside the silver van box.

if the witness did not actually see JR getting in the silver van, then they shouldn't assume the silver van is the suspect vehicle. If the witness did see JH get in the van, then she should have taken the plate #, called police and followed the van.
nothing about this sits well with me.
she could have been transferred to another car, or another car could have pulled up to the gas station and 2 perps abducted her into the dark car.
narrow minded, this investigation.

So frustrating. I honestly believe that they will find her if/when they begin ground searches, and the outcome won't be good. Prayers that I am wrong.

Jessica Ridgeway was taken in a car (even though no one knew that at the time) and they still did massive ground searches. and they found evidence. and her.
I've been away for a few days, couldn't handle being here knowing her little boy has no mama on mother's day, but no I'm back, and I really think the investigation is limiting the search.

There's an entry to US 31 from taking a right on airport road.

In regards to the black suburban, the following distance is odd, and the nature of them turning the same direction let alone being that close is odd. At 11pm that road is pretty deserted, mainly businesses, not many neighborhoods in the area-

a dark suburban fits the typical suspect vehicle more than does a silver minivan.

Profilers plan to assist in search for woman missing from West Michigan gas station

Jessica Heeringa missing since April 26 from Norton Shores

Published On: May 13 2013 10:50:42 AM EDT

NORTON SHORES, Mich. -
State police profilers plan to assist in the search for a 25-year-old woman who disappeared from her job at a West Michigan gas station last month...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...tion/-/1719418/20121456/-/812h5n/-/index.html

May 13, 2013 at 10:30 am

Police profilers to assist in missing Norton Shores clerk case

By Associated Press

Norton Shores — State police profilers plan to assist in the search for a 25-year-old woman who disappeared from her job at a West Michigan gas station last month.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130513/METRO/305130394#ixzz2TBb6P1DG

finally!

I'd like to know WTH Police are dead set on the sketch and the van if the witness truly didn't see JH get in the van and didn't see a struggle. it's all circumstantial. either the witness did she something we aren't being told about or the PD is very trusting to the point of being gullible.
the witness could be an accomplice throwing the scent off the dark suburban.

I believe local ground and water searches have not been done (assuming they haven't) because she was taken in a vehicle, as far as they know. But Holly is believed to have gone in a vehicle too and I know they have searched all sorts of local spots.

yes, this is just stupid. I can help but feeling angry about the whole investigation. I'm sorry, but small town PD's cannot be relied upon for these types of cases. If I were missing (god forbid), I'd want FBI. end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay