MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Heeringa abduction Facebook page administrator pushes for color sketch; gets no support from fiance, police

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/06/jessica_heeringa_abduction_fac.html

An interesting article indeed.

Police said having an outside "forensic artist" work on a black-and-white sketch doesn't make any sense, especially when the skin color of the suspect is in question, Quail-Dyer told an MLive/The Muskegon Chronicle reporter.

“It’s mucking up the investigation. I just spoke to the lead detective and he said there is no reason for them to be coloring in the sketch and we are not supposed to put faith into those sketches. No one knows the actual skin color of this person. If that was going to be done, it should have happened right away,” Quail-Dyer said. “I am not supportive of this idea.”

Hmmm... not supposed to put faith into those sketches?? No one knows the actual skin color of the person? The 'witness' was able ( and I am still not convinced..) to give enough of a description down to the hair color, and it being parted in the middle and slightly longer on top... but not a skin color? I wonder if the police are backing off the sketch?

And surely whoever said the sketch was 10/10 would be pretty sure of skin colour, right? Something fishy here.

The police probably feel the sketch is representative of the perp and creating another will create confusion and a non uniform message. I would be concerned that the eyewitness has seen the sketch so many times now that she will describe the sketch to the new sketch artist opposed to her actual memory of the perp.

There was a piece on Jane Valdez Mitchell's show tonight on the Jessica Heeringa case. However, it didn't really add any new information, just recounted the information that has been out all along. I hope it helps to keep people aware that Jessica is missing and that it keeps them looking for her. I wonder if she was taken right out of the area or even out of the state by someone. I doubt that she is alive but her body could be anywhere. The man who killed his girlfriend in Flint, Michigan, took her body down to Ohio to dispose of it. It would be impossible to search everywhere that she could have been taken. I don't think she will be found until someone accidentally happens upon her body. I hope I'm wrong and that she's alive somewhere but it isn't likely. I wish her little boy could have his mommy back.

Well, I hope she ran away, because it does not appear that she will be found via the sketch or the van, at this point.

“It’s mucking up the investigation.”

You want to know what's mucking up an investigation, Quail-Dyer? Being on scene less than 20 minutes after the crime, having eyewitnesses ID the vehicle and provide a sketch of the perp, catching said vehicle on camera - twice or more - and knowing its general direction, and not being able to identify a) the van in question, and b) its owner. And you've had SIX WEEKS.

That's mucking up an investigation. Like, monumental facepalm mucking up. :facepalm:

Police said having an outside "forensic artist" work on a black-and-white sketch doesn't make any sense, especially when the skin color of the suspect is in question, Quail-Dyer told an MLive/The Muskegon Chronicle reporter.

“It’s mucking up the investigation. I just spoke to the lead detective and he said there is no reason for them to be coloring in the sketch and we are not supposed to put faith into those sketches. No one knows the actual skin color of this person. If that was going to be done, it should have happened right away,” Quail-Dyer said. “I am not supportive of this idea.”

Okay, so this witness was able to give great enough description to sketch artist that the sheriff referred to the finished product as a 10 out of 10...and no one knows the person's skin color??? Somebody tell me I didn't just read that!!!

Any slim hope that I had that LE may solve this case just went out the window.

This is all too bizarre for me. I wish for the best for Jessica and family, but don't think it will come via LE. I am sure the intentions are good, but somehow, this case got badly muddled in a hurry, i.e. Holly Bobo.

This is all too bizarre for me. I wish for the best for Jessica and family, but don't think it will come via LE. I am sure the intentions are good, but somehow, this case got badly muddled in a hurry, i.e. Holly Bobo.

I couldn't agree more.

So after almost seven weeks, this is what we have...

A man that may be white, brown, black or some other color not yet determined may or may not be involved in the possible abduction of Jessica. He may or may not have been driving a grey or silver van that may or may not be a Chrysler Town and Country.

Did I leave anything out?

A man that might be white, brown, black or some other color not yet determined may or may not be involved in the possible abduction of Jessica. He may or may not have been driving a grey or silver van that may or may not be a Chrysler Town and Country.

Yeah, he's 6 feet tall, even though he was Sitting in the van driving away!!

Secret Service can pick up a mouse fart during a Presidential flyover, but they can't find this van in six weeks? Nah, not buying it.

The sketch and witness stuff confuses me. Like, the witness supposedly described this guy in extreme detail, but has no idea what skin color he has? Like, even an approximation? Multiple sketches have been done for other cases so why would it be confusing and muddling here? Why is a maybe second sketch that has only been mentioned recently "mucking up" the investigation? Why was it a 10 out of 10 before and now "we aren't supposed to put faith" them? Or why don't they just colorize the one they have instead of making a new one if that is what is freaking people out so much? Why was the old sketch description in extreme detail but now they are saying it was a generic description?

I can think of two explanations-one is good and one is bad. I will try to have faith in the good one.

Secret Service can pick up a mouse fart during a Presidential flyover, but they can't find this van in six weeks? Nah, not buying it.

Hmmm..maybe if the mouse was in the van,theyd have a chance.:facepalm:

A man that may be white, brown, black or some other color not yet determined may or may not be involved in the possible abduction of Jessica. He may or may not have been driving a grey or silver van that may or may not be a Chrysler Town and Country.

I had to laugh. This reminds me of a bank robbery case years ago. The news gave this suspect description:

"a man wearing sunglasses seen driving away in a car."

No, I am not joking!

OUCH! I read the Mlive article. And although it's causing waves..it's keeping Jess's face out there. I agree it may not be the BEST Idea (to get the sketch altered) but she should have called LE instead of taking it upon herself.
Either way Kudos to whomever it is, for helping people you don't even know. You don't quite get that now-a-days. People like that are hard to come by. Heck, I'd forgive her. Everyone makes mistakes. JMO

Pardon me while I laugh! :floorlaugh:

Of course, there is absolutely nothing funny about what has happened to Jessica but a little levity is a good thing when we are dealing with such negativity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse