MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
User Accusations Create Controversy on ‘Find Jessica Heeringa’ Page

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/11/04/u...-on-find-jessica-heeringa-page/#ixzz2jjE1N4tj

That was precisely my point upthread:

It's bad enough that fingers are being pointed at various people on FJHFB when those individuals might not have anything to do with Jessica's abduction.

We at Websleuths don't need to contribute to the controversy that is already prevalent in the case. Let's focus on finding Jessica.

The body parts found in the waste system have been determined to be from two different people.. LE is concerned that a serial killer might be present. No information was given on the ID of the two bodies. Sometimes serial killers take the bodies up to 100 miles from where they were killed in the predator's awarness space.

The body parts found in the waste system have been determined to be from two different people.. LE is concerned that a serial killer might be present. No information was given on the ID of the two bodies. Sometimes serial killers take the bodies up to 100 miles from where they were killed in the predator's awarness space.

Thanks. Do you have a link?

http://fox17online.com/2013/11/04/u...-on-find-jessica-heeringa-page/#ixzz2jjE1N4tj

"The family has created a petition to move Jessica’s case from the NSPD into the hands of Michigan State Police. Shaw said their department has been working with MSP from the beginning and are still investigating the case on a daily basis."

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/11/04/u...-on-find-jessica-heeringa-page/#ixzz2jjTSxiCu

I've come across this type of petition previously and wondered if they actually work. How would the Michigan State Police (or any other LE agency), the FBI, or a Judge be forced to respond to anonymous signatures on an internet petition?

In this case, both Michigan State Police and the FBI were brought onboard from the beginning and have been involved, perhaps in somewhat limited capacity, in the search for Jessica Heeringa.

If anyone here knows how these online petitions work and if they're successful in accomplishing what they seek, please enlighten us. I don't see the point when the named agencies are involved in the case already and have been since Day 1. :moo:

http://www.change.org/guides/how-an-online-petition-works

"Why Online Petitions Work"

"Think of it this way: What if your company received thousands of emails from valued customers asking you to use a different supplier for your parts? What if you started to receive emails from each of your neighbors asking you to stop playing loud music at night? How quickly would you act? "

"That’s the unique thing about creating an online petition on Change.org. Governments, companies and individuals value their reputations and feel accountable to their neighbors, constituents and customers. When hundreds or even thousands of people raise their voices about an issue they care about, the message is very hard to ignore. "

But with that being said, I don't understand when the Michigan State Police is Already involved in Jessica's case, how a petition could help, Unless the petition meant specifically for the Norton Shores Police Department to not be involved at all, and the Michigan State Police to now take over. I would like to know if they did not know that the MSP was involved since the beginning, or that they would like Only to have the MSP involved. That in itself raises certain questions, it does for me, anyway......
IMOO.

I'm sharing this because we've discussed the fast-approaching deer-hunting season in Michigan.

I noticed this morning when I was on my way to a dentist appointment that there is a new road sign posted along the main road that I use when leaving my subdivision. The sign is a flashing billboard that says: DON'T VEER FOR DEER. HIGH DEER CRASH AREA.

The lighted sign is less than half a mile from my home. We don't live in a rural community, but there are wooded areas, a public golf course, a nature education center, and a bird sanctuary nearby. We see deer run through our yard occasionally, and deer are known to dart out of nowhere across major roads. At this time of year, deer "sense" that they are being pursued and head to locations where they are not in imminent danger.

To my Michigan neighbors: Please be on the lookout for darting deer over the next several weeks. Be safe.

^ After more than six months, there have been no named suspects, no arrests, no charges filed, and no sign of Jessica Heeringa. Many cases are never solved, and others can take years to be resolved. I tend to think that NSPD has a good idea about what happened to Jessica, who abducted her, and perhaps the reason/s why she was taken, but they simply don't have enough evidence to prove their case. :moo:

Even though I live in a fairly large city, we do not have a dedicated police department. Fire department, yes, but no police. The Oakland County Sheriff's Department oversees law enforcement in my community and would take the lead in any type of criminal investigation. Thankfully, there isn't a lot of crime in this area.

I don't remember hearing/reading whether or not the local sheriff's department has been involved in the Jessica Heeringa case. I think that Norton Shores is in Muskegon County that has it's own LE. Does anyone recall whether or not they have been active in the search?

http://www.muskegonsheriff.com/

As promised, I asked my sprinkler guy about finding "evidence" in the woods while hunting. He said that he and hunting buddies have found plenty of shoes, boots, clothing, etc. but don't call authorities because it's common to find such items while hunting. They wouldn't associate clothing or footwear with a crime. People frequently lose things or leave them behind for whatever reason.

When I asked about a body or human remains, R said that he would probably notify local LE about the location and not disturb what he'd found. That said, it's common to find animal remains in wooded areas, so bones might be ignored if they appear to belong to four-legged creatures.

Apparently, it's not at all unusual to find vehicles parked in the woods because some cabins are in remote areas that aren't easily accessible. Folks tend to leave their vehicles someplace where they won't get stuck in mud or snow.

R didn't know anything about Jessica Heeringa but has family/friends in Grand Haven that is near Norton Shores, so he's familiar with the area. He owns 40 acres near Mt. Pleasant (central lower Michigan) which is where he'll be hunting.

That's my report on hunters and finding evidence. Hunting is about the :toast: and the deer.

I did a brief survey of plumbers and also people only 15 minutes from where Jessica was abducted they had not heard of Jessica. Fortunatly many from LE hunt and they have heard of Jessica. I can't imagine what the abductor has done with his minivan.

Three things can not be hidden the sun the moon and the truth Buddha
Its 8 days until the main deer season starts. I understand there are more than 13,000 deer per 10 sq mile area. The hunters including LE hunters will find out the truth of what happened to Jessica. One theory was a hunter took her to a cabin somewhere in the forests nearby to Norton Shores.

I did a brief survey of plumbers and also people only 15 minutes from where Jessica was abducted they had not heard of Jessica. Fortunatly many from LE hunt and they have heard of Jessica. I can't imagine what the abductor has done with his minivan.

Do you have links for these claims? Who are the "plumbers" that you surveyed? What do plumbers have to do with this case? What do you mean by a "brief survey"? Did you talk to plumbers in person or on the phone?

How do you know that many from LE hunt? What LE are you referring to? Norton Shores, and if so, how do you know that many of them hunt? Did you speak to LE about this? Please provide some facts/links to back up these claims.

I talked to one of the owners of a local irrigation company that is called "Hunters". It's not a family name but was selected by the original owners of the firm because they hunt. We have used this sprinkler maintenance company at our home for almost 20 years. I knew that someone from this company would be able to answer my questions regarding the behaviors of hunters in Michigan. I had a list of questions that were answered satisfactorily.

http://www.huntersirr.com/

Do you have links for these claims? Who are the "plumbers" that you surveyed? What do plumbers have to do with this case? What do you mean by a "brief survey"? Did you talk to plumbers in person or on the phone?

How do you know that many from LE hunt? What LE are you referring to? Norton Shores, and if so, how do you know that many of them hunt? Did you speak to LE about this? Please provide some facts/links to back up these claims.

I talked to one of the owners of a local irrigation company that is called "Hunters". It's not a family name but was selected by the original owners of the firm because they hunt. We have used this sprinkler maintenance company at our home for almost 20 years. I knew that someone from this company would be able to answer my questions regarding the behaviors of hunters in Michigan. I had a list of questions that were answered satisfactorily.

http://www.huntersirr.com/
I agreed with your results. I have no links. Just people 15 minutes away attending school that have never heard of Jessica

I agreed with your results. I have no links. Just people 15 minutes away attending school that have never heard of Jessica

I think your friends are definitely the exception rather than the rule. The case has had extensive publicity here, both when it first happened, and then periodically since then, even if just to say " its been 6 months since she disappeared"... what school did your friends attend?
I am local, and cant think of anyone who is not familiar with the case.
That said, I would not be surprised if she is found by hunters.

I think your friends are definitely the exception rather than the rule. The case has had extensive publicity here, both when it first happened, and then periodically since then, even if just to say " its been 6 months since she disappeared"... what school did your friends attend?
I am local, and cant think of anyone who is not familiar with the case.
That said, I would not be surprised if she is found by hunters.
They are attending Kalamazoo College. They travel from the college twice yearly to their homes in Santa Monica ,California. I see them when they come to a local ice skating rink we all go to.:loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3