MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a profile type article about the mini van driver, what his hair cut says, he has kids ect... is that what you are talking about? Not sure if we should even believe the description given to us about him.

Yes, I put no stock in that so-called profile from someone who identifies himself only as a body language expert. It sounds like 95% of the armchair profiles you read at Websleuths. (Not to seem critical of posters here, but there is only so much an amateur can do.)

I think the pumps were off because Jessica was trying to close.
Several posters are making this claim, but IMO why would Jessica close early knowing that she has regular customers who come after 11:00 PM? I'm thinking that someone other than Jessica turned off the pumps. There may have been more than one person involved in JH's kidnapping -- one took JH and the other started closing down the station. Or, if one kidnapper, after tying up JH and placing her in the van, went back inside the station to close down. The kidnapper was probably familiar with the station and their procedures, and wanted to close the station thinking that customers would just leave and then it wouldn't be discovered that JH was missing until much later. But, maybe customers started arriving and so the kidnapper(s) had to leave quickly. JMO
:moo:​

To direct link to a FB post; click either the time; the post you mention is 18 hours; if an older post; there will be a date

Find Jessica Heeringa -posted 18 hours ago · Edited

Find Jessica Heeringa posted 21 hours ago
ONE MISSION•FIND JESSICA HEERINGA
$25,000 REWARD FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO THE WHEREABOUTS OF JESSICA HEERINGA

Attachments

• FamilyTipLineWebSite.jpg
    FamilyTipLineWebSite.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 26
  • FamilyAnonTipLine.jpg
    FamilyAnonTipLine.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 26
I see a profile type article about the mini van driver, what his hair cut says, he has kids ect... is that what you are talking about? Not sure if we should even believe the description given to us about him.

I think that had the FJH given more info such as the person that did the profile is legit because they verified him/her that more people wouldn't be rolling their eyes lol..
I feel that if the van did have something to do with her abduction; that they do not own the van used; it was borrowed. The person that owns it most likely has no clue the person even drove it to Norton Shores.

I feel the van was involved due to being on the video tape but I feel the sketch is not accurate.

Google Map link showing Exxon as well as the last video camera to see the van. I'll have to find the quote from family where they feel he knows his way around NS due to the route he drove. I feel that while he knows the area; he does not live local.

Shelly Heeringa Thank you for all your comments, the reason I wonder is because I knew a few people who lived in the area but worked in Grand Rapids, I lived in Grand Rapids for years but was in the lakeshore area for summer, going to the beach, going to garage sales, the lakeshore is filled with summer homes and is a tourist attraction, but I do agree the way the van went you would at least have to know the area a little bit to know Grand Haven Road went to 96.

Shelly Heeringa I made this post to open minds to every possibility, with GPS and mapquest, and we all know those GPS can take you some different directions. I look at everything and everyone, but this post everyone is welcomed to give their opinion, and with three export points right around Norton Shores for human trafficking, I wonder about that also.

Exxon map link in case someone wants to try to map it. My grandson just woke up; I'm out of time

Here’s the timeline, released by the Norton Shores Police Department:

April 26, 2013:

2:44 p.m.: Heeringa purchased groceries at Aldi, 2715 Henry St.

4:35 p.m.: Heeringa begins her shift at the Exxon store. She was aware the store did not have video cameras, as she had advised customers of this and the fact she was working alone. She was not worried about the lack of cameras. It was not uncommon for Heeringa to prop open the rear door and turn off the store’s rear security light so she could smoke cigarettes behind the store or allow friends to enter via the rear door, according to police.
7:30 – 8:15 p.m.: A man who told police he was Heeringa's boyfriend at the time (*Not to be confused with her fiance, Dakotah Quail-Dyer) arrived at the Exxon station in a work vehicle, a silver full-size van. The two reportedly had a discussion regarding their alleged relationship.
A customer advised that Heeringa appeared to be upset after the conversation with the male subject.
7:40 – 8:50 p.m.: A female friend entered the store through the front door to visit Heeringa. Nothing suspicious was noticed at that time.
Both the female friend and a male customer observed a bluish silver van pull up to Heeringa while she was changing the receipt paper in one of the pumps. It appeared that the male driver and Heeringa were having a friendly conversation.
10:55 p.m.: A female customer entered the store and purchased a lighter. She advised that Heeringa was alone in the store and did not appear to be nervous or distressed. The customer did not see anyone in the store or in the parking lot.
11 p.m.: An Exxon manager and her husband were riding their motorcycles eastbound on Sternberg Road.
She saw a silver minivan slowly enter the north drive of the Exxon station from the service drive of the Pointes Mall.

The van drove behind the Exxon station, did a u-turn and extinguished its headlights as it pulled behind the store facing west.
The manager suspected Heeringa may be in the process of stealing from Exxon, so she turned around on Harvey Street to return to the store.
The manager and her husband drove to the Pointes Mall, west of the Exxon station, and parked in the lot with a view of the north and west sides of the Exxon station. The minivan was parked on the north side of the Exxon station.
There were no other vehicles in the lot except for Heeringa's.
The manager saw a figure standing at the rear of the van and noticed the van’s rear hatch was open. The figure shut the rear hatch and quickly opened it again. It appeared as though the figure was adjusting something in the rear of the van, and then closed the hatch again. She noted that the person's head was just above the roof of the van.
The person then walked to the driver’s door, got into the van and began driving westbound on the service drive.
The manager said the store’s rear security light was not on and the store’s rear door did not open at any time. She never saw a struggle or heard anyone yell for help. She did not see Heeringa outside of the store.
As the van drove closer to their location in the parking lot, the manager and her husband started their motorcycles and pulled up to the service drive. As the van passed, she looked at the driver, a male subject wearing a red or orange sweatshirt. Her husband stated that he did not see the subject well, but did see that he had “crazy” or wavy hair. Neither of them saw Heeringa or anyone else in the van.
The manager and her husband pulled onto the service drive and followed the van until it stopped at Grand Haven Road. The manager’s husband stated that he was positive the van was a Chrysler Town and Country van, silver in color, as it was the same type a relative owned (Note: This vehicle was located and was in Traverse City at the time of the abduction). He clearly remembered the Town and Country logo on the rear hatch door. Neither obtained the license plate number, as they had no reason to believe a crime had occurred.
The van turned northbound on Grand Haven Road, while the manager and her husband turned southbound on Grand Haven Road and went home.
11:02 p.m: Surveillance video from inside of a closed store in the Pointes Mall captured a silver minivan turning northbound onto Grand Haven Road.
11:03 p.m: Surveillance video from the Homestead Tavern captured a silver minivan driving northbound on Grand Haven Road.
11:05 p.m: Surveillance video from the Coin Zone captured a silver minivan driving northbound on Grand Haven Road.

11:10 p.m: A male customer arrived at the gas station, pulled up to the pump and attempted to purchase gasoline. He was unable to do so as the pump would not activate. When the pump did not activate, he entered the store believing that the clerk may have been in the back room and not aware of his presence at the pump. He was unable to locate Heeringa. Upon exiting the store, he spoke with a female customer and called 911.
11:15 p.m.: Patrol units are dispatched to Exxon, 1196 E Sternberg Road, Norton Shores, regarding a suspicious situation.
11:25 p.m.: The first officer arrives and begins investigation. Officers searched the store but did not locate Heeringa. Officers located Heeringa's purse and jacket in the back room. The purse contained $420 in cash. Officers noted that nothing inside the store indicated a struggle. There was nothing that appeared to be disturbed. Officers exited the rear door and noted that the door did not have a handle on the outside.
Officers located items of possible evidence outside the rear door, including what appeared to be a 2-inch by 3-inch blood stain on the concrete, later determined to be Heeringa's. Officers photographed the interior and exterior of the store and evidence items prior to collection. Officers collected a sample of the possible blood stain and packaged the other evidence items.
11.38 p.m.: Exxon owner was contacted regarding the open store. He in turn contacted the day-shift manager to respond as she lives closer to the store.
11:50 p.m.: The day-shift manager arrives at the Exxon station and provides officers with her observations of the silver minivan and its driver.
The manager advised that the cash drawer was “counted down” for the next shift, indicating Heeringa was preparing to close the store. While talking to officers, the manager observed the man claiming to be Heeringa's boyfriend drive past the store in a work vehicle. He was contacted to come to the Exxon station and was questioned by officers.
12:38 a.m.: A K-9 team requested to search area. A search of the area north and east of the store was conducted with no results.

Indy Anna, you make a good point that there could've been more than one person involved in Jessica's disappearance. But let's not forget a couple things:

First, the mgr, if she is to be believed, said she only saw one van approach the Exxon that night.

Second, the mgr said there was only one other car in the parking lot at the time she first saw the van. And that other car was Jessica's.

Third, the mgr said when she finally came back there were only two cars at the Exxon: The minivan and Jessica's.

So, I gotta ask: How did this second person who stuck around to close up the Exxon get away? I guess it's possible the person walked away--sneaking out the back door. Or, somebody else between the rough times of 11pm to 11:10pm pulled in to pick up this other conspirator? Once again, possible. Was the plan to take Jessica's car when the person was done? Maybe.

But don't those scenarios feel a little too tricky by half? I mean, who is going to volunteer to stick around and close up a store where a few hours from then the public will discover an abduction took place? The person would essentially be volunteering to become the prime suspect if just one person saw him or her behind the counter.

In addition, wouldn't this "closer" have also assisted in the taking down of Jessica before going inside to close the Exxon? Probably. Well, according to the police, Jessica was injured during her abduction--her blood found on the pavement outside the rear door. So I gotta believe the abductor(s) probably got blood on themselves as well. Would the second kidnapper not have trailed a least one drop of Jessica's blood into the store as he/she closed the register and shut down the pumps? I would tend to think so. But, none of Jessica's blood was ever found inside the store.

So, I'm inclined to believe there wasn't a second person who tried to close down the Exxon that night. Granted, not a certainty, not a "for sure". But a decent guess I think.

As for Jessica closing the place down, I'm more inclined to take a different POV. First, the mgr--once again, if she is to be believed--viewed Jessica as a thief. I mean, why else would the mgr think "theft" when she saw the minivan in the first place? And counting a drawer out early is one HUGE indicator of theft--that comes from my convenience store experience which is extensive.

Second, I'm also inclined to believe Jessica wasn't much different from a lot of people working retail. When things are slow there is the inclination to want to leave work early. We've all been there as patrons--malls, restaurants, taverns, etc.--it's almost like you're getting pushed out come closing time. Now, I gotta tell you: Trying to shut a place down a half hour early seems extreme. But there's a small part of me that believes Jessica might've been trying to duck out early--way early. Especially since it was a weekend.

Or, she was closing early because she was expecting somebody at the back door . . . hmmmmm. The reason I say that is if all of you follow mysteries the way I do, you all know it's not uncommon for women to be murdered at enounters where they arrive thinking some hanky-panky is going to be going on. When what these women are really doing is arriving on time for their own execution. That sticks in my mind as I continue to think about Jessica's disappearance.

The family of Jessica will not support any idea other than that she is alive. This is primarily why very few ground searches for her have been done. Some group has to start doing ground searches for Jessica.Bill Garcia PI in san diego calif. specializes in this kind of search.

Indy Anna, you make a good point that there could've been more than one person involved in Jessica's disappearance. But let's not forget a couple things:

First, the mgr, if she is to be believed, said she only saw one van approach the Exxon that night.

Second, the mgr said there was only one other car in the parking lot at the time she first saw the van. And that other car was Jessica's.

Third, the mgr said when she finally came back there were only two cars at the Exxon: The minivan and Jessica's.

So, I gotta ask: How did this second person who stuck around to close up the Exxon get away? I guess it's possible the person walked away--sneaking out the back door. Or, somebody else between the rough times of 11pm to 11:10pm pulled in to pick up this other conspirator? Once again, possible. Was the plan to take Jessica's car when the person was done? Maybe.

But don't those scenarios feel a little too tricky by half? I mean, who is going to volunteer to stick around and close up a store where a few hours from then the public will discover an abduction took place? The person would essentially be volunteering to become the prime suspect if just one person saw him or her behind the counter.

In addition, wouldn't this "closer" have also assisted in the taking down of Jessica before going inside to close the Exxon? Probably. Well, according to the police, Jessica was injured during her abduction--her blood found on the pavement outside the rear door. So I gotta believe the abductor(s) probably got blood on themselves as well. Would the second kidnapper not have trailed a least one drop of Jessica's blood into the store as he/she closed the register and shut down the pumps? I would tend to think so. But, none of Jessica's blood was ever found inside the store.

So, I'm inclined to believe there wasn't a second person who tried to close down the Exxon that night. Granted, not a certainty, not a "for sure". But a decent guess I think.

As for Jessica closing the place down, I'm more inclined to take a different POV. First, the mgr--once again, if she is to be believed--viewed Jessica as a thief. I mean, why else would the mgr think "theft" when she saw the minivan in the first place? And counting a drawer out early is one HUGE indicator of theft--that comes from my convenience store experience which is extensive.

Second, I'm also inclined to believe Jessica wasn't much different from a lot of people working retail. When things are slow there is the inclination to want to leave work early. We've all been there as patrons--malls, restaurants, taverns, etc.--it's almost like you're getting pushed out come closing time. Now, I gotta tell you: Trying to shut a place down a half hour early seems extreme. But there's a small part of me that believes Jessica might've been trying to duck out early--way early. Especially since it was a weekend.

Or, she was closing early because she was expecting somebody at the back door . . . hmmmmm. The reason I say that is if all of you follow mysteries the way I do, you all know it's not uncommon for women to be murdered at enounters where they arrive thinking some hanky-panky is going to be going on. When what these women are really doing is arriving on time for their own execution. That sticks in my mind as I continue to think about Jessica's disappearance.

I am inclined to agree with all of this. No one would agree to close after she had been abducted. The chance they would be seen is nearly 100%. The last customer ( who bought a bic lighter) saw Jessica. The 911 caller did not. No one appears to have come in between. Why would the abductor care if the store was closed up?

I also would not rule out someone ( not necessarily Jessica but I would rule no one out ) putting goods ( beer, cigarettes, etc) out the back door to be picked up by someone later. I worked in convenience stores way back in the day, and this was not an unusual scenario. Would explain the lights off out back, the mini van opening and shutting the trunk... could Jessica have been out back having a smoke and saw something/ someone taking goods? Would be interesting to know if there had been issues with inventory coming up short, or if the registers were short?

The family of Jessica will not support any idea other than that she is alive. This is primarily why very few ground searches for her have been done. Some group has to start doing ground searches for Jessica.Bill Garcia PI in san diego calif. specializes in this kind of search.

I believe there was minimal to no ground searches as LE has absolutely no idea where to start... she clearly was taken away in a vehicle... so could be anywhere.

I am inclined to agree with all of this. No one would agree to close after she had been abducted. The chance they would be seen is nearly 100%. The last customer ( who bought a bic lighter) saw Jessica. The 911 caller did not. No one appears to have come in between. Why would the abductor care if the store was closed up?

I also would not rule out someone ( not necessarily Jessica but I would rule no one out ) putting goods ( beer, cigarettes, etc) out the back door to be picked up by someone later. I worked in convenience stores way back in the day, and this was not an unusual scenario. Would explain the lights off out back, the mini van opening and shutting the trunk... could Jessica have been out back having a smoke and saw something/ someone taking goods? Would be interesting to know if there had been issues with inventory coming up short, or if the registers were short?

I believe there may have been 2 people in the van; how else would he have gotten Jessica in the van so quick? I feel someone may have been holding her down.

I've always felt the coworkers version made no sense because she's accusing Jessica of stealing; yet this van stops in the back (remember the light is usually on but is off?); gets out; opens/closes the hatch. What if there were stolen goods waiting for him? One would think that getting out; opening/closing the back would be throwing those stolen goods in; then getting out of there quick...

I believe there may have been 2 people in the van; how else would he have gotten Jessica in the van so quick? I feel someone may have been holding her down.

I've always felt the coworkers version made no sense because she's accusing Jessica of stealing; yet this van stops in the back (remember the light is usually on but is off?); gets out; opens/closes the hatch. What if there were stolen goods waiting for him? One would think that getting out; opening/closing the back would be throwing those stolen goods in; then getting out of there quick...

The timing gets me... so the witness drives by... sees the lights out and the van .... goes down the road a bit ( am guessing it has to be 1/2 mile to Meijers... and assuming there is no traffic, they go into the meijers lot, turn, go back out ( still assuming no traffic..) and go back... past the store... and keep in mind that they would likely get stopped at the light there by Meijers and the mall.. and it is a LONG light ( with Left turn lights and all...) and yet the van was still just opening the trunk?

And with the trash can by the back door.. there is no way she was dragged out - the can would have been shoved aside to get her out. I wonder if she met someone back out the back door... maybe hopped in the car to chat and smoke... it was cold, she closed the door... and mini vans have those childproof door locks... ( but does not explain the blood... oh well...)

10:55 p.m.: A female customer entered the store and purchased a lighter. She advised that Heeringa was alone in the store and did not appear to be nervous or distressed. The customer did not see anyone in the store or in the parking lot.
11 p.m.: An Exxon manager and her husband were riding their motorcycles eastbound on Sternberg Road.
She saw a silver minivan slowly enter the north drive of the Exxon station from the service drive of the Pointes Mall.
The van drove behind the Exxon station, did a u-turn and extinguished its headlights as it pulled behind the store facing west.
The manager suspected Heeringa may be in the process of stealing from Exxon, so she turned around on Harvey Street to return to the store.
The manager and her husband drove to the Pointes Mall, west of the Exxon station, and parked in the lot with a view of the north and west sides of the Exxon station. The minivan was parked on the north side of the Exxon station.
The manager saw a figure standing at the rear of the van and noticed the van’s rear hatch was open. The figure shut the rear hatch and quickly opened it again. It appeared as though the figure was adjusting something in the rear of the van, and then closed the hatch again. She noted that the person's head was just above the roof of the van.
The person then walked to the driver’s door, got into the van and began driving westbound on the service drive.
The manager said the store’s rear security light was not on and the store’s rear door did not open at any time. She never saw a struggle or heard anyone yell for help. She did not see Heeringa outside of the store.
As the van drove closer to their location in the parking lot, the manager and her husband started their motorcycles and pulled up to the service drive. As the van passed, she looked at the driver, a male subject wearing a red or orange sweatshirt. Her husband stated that he did not see the subject well, but did see that he had “crazy” or wavy hair. Neither of them saw Heeringa or anyone else in the van.
The manager and her husband pulled onto the service drive and followed the van until it stopped at Grand Haven Road. The manager’s husband stated that he was positive the van was a Chrysler Town and Country van, silver in color, as it was the same type a relative owned (Note: This vehicle was located and was in Traverse City at the time of the abduction). He clearly remembered the Town and Country logo on the rear hatch door. Neither obtained the license plate number, as they had no reason to believe a crime had occurred.
The van turned northbound on Grand Haven Road, while the manager and her husband turned southbound on Grand Haven Road and went home.
11:02 p.m: Surveillance video from inside of a closed store in the Pointes Mall captured a silver minivan turning northbound onto Grand Haven Road.

From 10:55 to about 11:00. This was fast! The driver of the van had to be very familiar with the store - knew the back door was propped open, the usual amount of business at that time, Jessica's routine, etc. Either they knew her or spent time observing the store. I've been following this case off and on and this is the first time I've seen the timeline. I wasn't aware that it had happened that quickly.

From 10:55 to about 11:00. This was fast! The driver of the van had to be very familiar with the store - knew the back door was propped open, the usual amount of business at that time, Jessica's routine, etc. Either they knew her or spent time observing the store. I've been following this case off and on and this is the first time I've seen the timeline. I wasn't aware that it had happened that quickly.

Excellent information! Always lingering questions in my mind:

-Was the blood "staged" to look like an abduction, but Jessica ran off with someone?
-Was the money left out on the counter to also make it look like an abduction?

Was the female customer that bought the lighter at 10:55pm, an employee of the Exxon gas station? I am not referring to the employee-manager.
IMOO.

Was the female customer that bought the lighter at 10:55pm, an employee of the Exxon gas station? I am not referring to the employee-manager.
IMOO.
As I recall it was someone who knew Jessica but not an employee. I wish some people would start doing ground searches for her.
It only took LE 5 weeks to Find Erin Corwin at the bottom of a 140 foot mine. They searched every day of the 5 weeks.:fence:

BBM

The bolded statements are totally contradictory. Makes one wonder....

When one has the opportunity, such as driving immediately behind another vehicle, Always memorize the license plate number first, then note other pertinent details. IMOO

Excellent information! Always lingering questions in my mind:

-Was the blood "staged" to look like an abduction, but Jessica ran off with someone?
-Was the money left out on the counter to also make it look like an abduction?

Cash being left behind does not make sense under any circumstances, Imo. Why not take it? It makes it look like a robbery, at least. The only way I can see Jessica's cash being left behind is if Jessica did so on purpose, so that it would not look like she had a choice. But I don't feel like she ran off.

I had started a reply yesterday morning; then had to run out; worked on it some more; eventually my computer froze; I lost it.

The timeline was released for the 1 year anniversary. I'm not sure if anyone quoted it like I did. What was taking me so long yesterday with my reply is that I was looking through the thread; the new articles started with post 536.
Have to remember what else I was saying yesterday lol

*Forum tip - to quote a quoted post such as my post #1164 quoting my timeline post #1070; it says Originally Posted by Roselvr with
viewpost-right.png
... click the
viewpost-right.png
; it opens the original quote. You can also click the quote box; it's to the left of #. What I normally do is copy; hit the quote box then do CTRL then V; it will paste it in the middle of the quote boxes

Cash being left behind does not make sense under any circumstances, Imo. Why not take it? It makes it look like a robbery, at least. The only way I can see Jessica's cash being left behind is if Jessica did so on purpose, so that it would not look like she had a choice. But I don't feel like she ran off.

My guess is that who ever took her was never in the store... she was abducted out back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne