MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for not being clear in my statement. I meant it didn't make sense to me that JT was on Rose's computer, especially since it has been stated numerous times he never stayed around longer than a minute.

i'm sorry .... I misunderstood. Thank you for clarifying.

I don't know why JT would have used Grandma's computer, unless he was visiting. My family members often use my computer when they are here. I don't ask what they are doing, though it is in the middle of where everyone is and anyone can easily see the screen.

MN may have quit, but business was very "slow" because of the economy and MN got another job installing and refinishing hardwood floors. As for MN quitting, I'm not sure but the preceeding is my thoughts. MN continues to do the flooring work to this day.
Also you mentioned that JT posted the bond for MN. Beleive it or not, I did contribute some money to that but JT provided the most. Since MN made his court dates, I wonder what happened to the bond money that was returned (if any was)? No one has told me anything about that.
As for MN and JT's relationship, I think they are friends to this day.

I suppose it would depend on whether it was a cash or surety bond.

I'm

MiMommy posted: While we are on this subject - Perhaps we should also discuss the fact that JT was the one who posted bail for MN while he was incarcerated so that he could attend Julia's funeral if I am to understand correctly?

4ist posted: It was JT that made the physical appearance and bails MN out, but if I remember right, we had been sending Kim money for MN's expenses, and the last amount we had sent she had received and it was never given to MN but WAS used to help bail MN out. We had always heard the story that KT & JT bailed them out, then what happened to the money that we sent to Kim for MN, I know we sure never got it back.?

MiMommy posted: I only say this because I do not think if the two had a "bad" relationship JT would have been quick to post bail for him? Especially if we go by what is being said and believe that JT's business was failing?

4ist posted: It is Kim that has shared in the last few years that JTs business was slowing down and he had loss of clients. And that money was very tight. So I guess you might want to ask her was she lying to us or is she lying to you.

MiMommy posted: I am obviously not trying to stab here but are we sure MN stopped working for him as in "quit" or did he stop working for him when he ran into legal trouble and became incarcerated?

4ist posted: So why didn't MN work for him when he got out of jail then?

The roommates have past a polygraph test. But one of the roommates (the one Julia caught using drugs in the apartment) came into the apartment a bit after 10:30pm on Sunday (the night that Julia is believed to be killed) to pick up some things and then went to stay with her boyfriend that night. So it seems that this roommate doesn't have a good alibi, and maybe a motive (perhaps Julia caught her again using drugs and Julia was going to tell.) There may be other scenarios where the drugs did play a role, but where the perp is someone else (for example a supplier, or a drug seeker). I also wonder whether there could have been a mistaken identity. Unlikely, I admit, but it may be an angle that hasn't been considered yet.

edit: some of the info I got from Trojan. Thanks, Trojan, and please correct me if my factual statements above misrepresent what you have told me.

To black squirrel, do you have your time frame correct on when the roommate came home Sunday night?
You posted this above: (the one Julia caught using drugs in the apartment) came into the apartment a bit after 10:30pm on Sunday (the night that Julia is believed to be killed) to pick up some things.
Are you positive about that time?

To black squirrel, do you have your time frame correct on when the roommate came home Sunday night?
You posted this above: (the one Julia caught using drugs in the apartment) came into the apartment a bit after 10:30pm on Sunday (the night that Julia is believed to be killed) to pick up some things.
Are you positive about that time?

no i am not completely certain. i learned this from Trojan, but he indicated that he wasn'tcompletely certain. Perhaps Trojan can comment. Did you hear something different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The roommates have past a polygraph test. But one of the roommates (the one Julia caught using drugs in the apartment) came into the apartment a bit after 10:30pm on Sunday (the night that Julia is believed to be killed) to pick up some things and then went to stay with her boyfriend that night. So it seems that this roommate doesn't have a good alibi, and maybe a motive (perhaps Julia caught her again using drugs and Julia was going to tell.) There may be other scenarios where the drugs did play a role, but where the perp is someone else (for example a supplier, or a drug seeker). I also wonder whether there could have been a mistaken identity. Unlikely, I admit, but it may be an angle that hasn't been considered yet.

edit: some of the info I got from Trojan. Thanks, Trojan, and please correct me if my factual statements above misrepresent what you have told me.

So Kim's brother is on parole. What was his crime? Could he be a suspect?

To Casper, Kim's brother MN, is not a a POI, only Jim Turnquist is. Is crime had nothing to do with this case though.

4ist posted: It is Kim that has shared in the last few years that JTs business was slowing down and he had loss of clients. And that money was very tight. So I guess you might want to ask her was she lying to us or is she lying to you.

MiMommy posted: I am obviously not trying to stab here but are we sure MN stopped working for him as in "quit" or did he stop working for him when he ran into legal trouble and became incarcerated?

4ist posted: So why didn't MN work for him when he got out of jail then?

I can tell you that the particular property I worked for and contracted Jim thru would not have allowed MN to work on property even thru a contracted employee....

From what I have been told, both roomates plus their boyfriends were given polygraph tests and have been cleared.

I think that JT got "lawyered up" within a week (if that is the case) because other family members accused him within a week.

To Black Squirrel, or perhaps the detectives were asking him just the questions that JT didn't want them to ask. LE have mentioned that JT did like to take control the investigation. Me thinks perhaps you are giving 'other family' members to much credit, I think JT made his own impression to LE as to which way this investigation needed to go. Unfortunately JT & Kim say that they have cooperated, NOT TRUE, it will BE completely TRUE when they give a formal statement! Until then there will not be justice for Julia. We just do not understand if you have nothing to hide, then why won't you meet with LE and give a formal statement?

To Casper, Kim's brother MN, is not a a POI, only Jim Turnquist is. Is crime had nothing to do with this case though.

Kim's brother is not out on parole. He had a DUI, has paid his fines and is as "free" as anyone else. He just happened to be in jail when Julia was murdered, so I would say he has a great albi unless he's Houdini! :jail: Not to offend you, but MN was in jail at the time of the crime.

no i am not completely certain. i learned this from Trojan, but he indicated that he wasn'tcompletely certain. Perhaps Trojan can comment. Did you hear something different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm estimating the time because Jennifer received an app for her phone from Julia between 10-10:30PM. The room mate came by to grab a few things and she said it was between 10-11PM. So around 10:30PM makes sense to me. All a mere educated guess. :thinking:

That does not make sense to me at all! If Julia were living with Grandma at the time (at least while not at the University), it would be presumable LE would want access to the computer to see who Julia may have been in contact with via the computer as well as any other indicators of what was going on in her life at the time.

To Dazed, LE did want the computers that Julia had been on, wanted any and all if them (so why didn't Kim & JT offer theirs up).
JT had indeed on occasion been on the computers at Grandma Roses house.

To Dazed, LE did want the computers that Julia had been on, can't and all if them (so why didn't Kim & JT offer theirs up) but JT had indeed on occasion been on the computers at Grandma Roses house.

Seems pretty clear to me that if the computers weren't offered up when they had been asked for, LE simply would have served a Search Warrant and took them all!

Seems pretty clear to me that if the computers weren't offered up when they had been asked for, LE simply would have served a Search Warrant and took them all!

Unless they just didn't tell them about all the computers? Do we really know how many computers there were between the entire family? I assume this would also mean tablets, laptops, PCs, phones, etc. How would LE know how many there were? Maybe some were not in the home at the time of request?

I have more questions than answers, so just raising possibilities. I have no idea about their computers or useage.

I can't fault you leaving any stone unturned there. I'd never heard that back story on the roommate. Do you remember that from the thread?

I still think that given the initial crime scene the perp had to have knowledge of Julia's health problem. Just MHO as usual

I too have this feeling that there is more to the Roomate story. Let's just follow the Roses "Why" theories. Add the possibility she was at the apartment alone with Julia even if briefly per Trojan/Black Squirrel she was there. She likely knew of the medical condition. Why, on a Sunday before exams was she staying at BF's? Did she do this often? Did Julia threaten to go to the Dean about drug use? If I'm not mistaken this same roommate would have stood to lose much more than JT...and stay with me here because it sounds like JT and KT were headed towards divorce anyway, an affair being found out certainly doesn't seem too earth shattering. The *advertiser censored*, unless we know JT was highly engaged in TRUE kiddie *advertiser censored* (and I personally have read nothing that suggests this) this too doesn't seem "murder" worthy.

I think the roommate or her drug connection may be standing to lose much more if kicked out of school, grants, scholarships, student loans, etc. As well as, and correct me if I miss read this, graduating with high honors from EMU?

Let's not forget a probable lucrative drug business for her and the supplier.

The roommate KNEW Julia was at the apartment ALONE, could have clued the perp in on everything as well taking the key and not looking suspicious leaving a building they've probably been seen leaving many times before.

IMO I just don't see what JT stood to gain by Julia's death...her silence IF these *advertiser censored* charges get dismissed or if we are talking about a few photos of young women that were 16-18, but being passed as adults via *advertiser censored* sites. I may change my opinion if it comes out later that we're talking 5-12 year olds, but with the info I've read from MSM and insider knowledge, I see him as a controlling, domineering, mentally abusive husband/Stepfather who was given the authority to rein in KTs twins.

Do we even know Julia's death was deliberate? JT or anyone else who may have had an encounter with Julia on that fateful night could have done something that caused her death, but was not intended, then tried to cover it up. Who is likely to confess to that? Up to this point at least, I have seen nothing that indicates this was a planned murder.

Also, it seems KT and JT may have had a pretty open marriage. Seems to me he had a lot to lose if he left his meal ticket, his "security" of the home and appearance of having a happy home life. He had the freedom to come and go as he pleased, somehow had money for his "hobbies", worked sporadically. Would he want to give all that up if someone was going to rat him out for some reason?

I guess I just don't see the roommate as being any more or less likely as a POI in Julia's death so far, except that LE has cleared the roommates (according to what we know so far) and has not cleared JT. Deflecting JT's responsibility (as a father) onto the roommate (as a POI) seems a bit far-fetched.... but that is just me trying to think things through to a logical outcome. And logical just isn't working....?

it is even more difficult to understand where the two different cases (death and *advertiser censored*) separate or blend together. Are we talking two different incidents, or a connection between both? I wish we had at least one concrete piece to indicate that answer.

JMO

Do we even know Julia's death was deliberate? JT or anyone else who may have had an encounter with Julia on that fateful night could have done something that caused her death, but was not intended, then tried to cover it up. Who is likely to confess to that? Up to this point at least, I have seen nothing that indicates this was a planned murder.

JMO
I agree Spellie! It may be a case of 2nd Degree murder and interfering with an investigation, for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91