MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is right to speculate at this moment that, Julia, Jennifer and/or the youngest daughter are victims of sexual abuse and were "groomed", without having any proof of that.

After my first speculation regarding this theory, I did find that Grandma Rose had her suspicions regarding this same matter previously. She was quoted in a news article which I will attempt to find later. It is in the media thread IIRC.

I had posted links citing why I felt certain facts were red flags in this case. I'm uncertain if any / all / some of them remain. I sadly did not save those links and will not be posting them again due to the complete waste of my time / effort.
I'm sorry you disagree with me speculating; that is your right.

A little nit pick: I never suggested Jennifer was abused. (or if I did it was purely unintentional).

BBM My theory? JT sexually abused Julia during hunting trips they took alone together. He had possibly groomed her prior. She saw that he was similarly grooming M and including her on hunting trips away from home. She had not (even though pressed) exposed the reason she did not get along with JT. She would 'clam up' when pressed by Grandma Rose IIRC. This would be fitting in this type of abuse, particularly for someone known to be outspoken and a good communicator. Secrets abound - to protect the family.

ALL conjecture, theory, opinion, MOO....
Not a professional
Does not know anyone in this case

I do not believe that Julia went on any hunting trips with JT. She never mentioned that to me.

I do not believe that Julia went on any hunting trips with JT. She never mentioned that to me.

Links were posted previously to the michigan hunter forum which date back quite some time. I thought it was mentioned Julia had gone hunting with JT. If I have read these wrong (possible - migraine) someone please correct me.

Logging off - it's going to be a bad one :(

Links were posted previously to the michigan hunter forum which date back quite some time. I thought it was mentioned Julia had gone hunting with JT. If I have read these wrong (possible - migraine) someone please correct me.

He went with the youngest daughter, not Julia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He went with the youngest daughter, not Julia.

My gratitude for all here who have poured their hearts and souls and painfully revealed truths, in order to help bring justice for Julia.

Most of all, my gratitude goes to those close to her, who balance concern for their family with the impact of these hard truths. I never for a moment forget that there is no script on how to handle evil people, but those with the courage to face them are the only hope for good.

I wonder why the reporters dont show the name and the offense on the document in the video. Are we sure this is the correct document that they are showing?

Squirrel, why do you doubt this is the correct document? According to the accompanying article:

That crime was reported in February but according to court documents, it happened in November of of 2012. (BBM)

That matches, the Driver license number begins with a T, dates match what we know. It is pretty far-fetched (IMO) to believe it is a document from another person. I suspect the document also listed his name and possibly home address, perhaps other info that media considered too private to show at that time.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...n-of-interest-after-murder-of-julia-niswender

Squirrel, why do you doubt this is the correct document? According to the accompanying article:

That crime was reported in February but according to court documents, it happened in November of of 2012. (BBM)

That matches, the Driver license number begins with a T, dates match what we know. It is pretty far-fetched (IMO) to believe it is a document from another person. I suspect the document also listed his name and possibly home address, perhaps other info that media considered too private to show at that time.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...n-of-interest-after-murder-of-julia-niswender

I no longer doubt it.

I am also wondering about this....this would mean that he was being investigated BEFORE Julia's murder. This would completely throw my theory of LE using this "potential child *advertiser censored*" as a tactic to hold JT so that they could further investigate him as a POI in Julia's murder, right out the window! Also...just a side question: Does anyone know what is registered from a person when they are sent to jail? Is it just finger printing, or is DNA (swabbing) taken and registered as well?

I don't know where our posts are when we discussed this, but if memory is correct...... Ypsi police felt they had to comment when the *advertiser censored* charges came out and a connection was being made to the two cases. Ypsi police turned over the computer (or images) to Monroe, and then the arrest came. JT was named as a person of interest after the arrest became public.

ETA: Gress = Ypsi Lt., Stablein = attorney for JT
BBM
Although Gress would not comment on whether the child *advertiser censored* charges in Monroe County at all stemmed from investigation into Niswender's death, Stablein said the charges are related.

Stablein said his client voluntarily gave his computer to Ypsilanti police in late 2014 as part of the investigation into Niswender's death. Stablein said Turnquist was then asked to answer further questions, but the lawyer intervened.

"I'm not going to let him be repeatedly interrogated by officers that are hell bent on tripping him up -- if that's what it is," he said.

Police allege they found child *advertiser censored* on the computer and took a number of electronics in the search of his Monroe home, Stablein said.

Gress said the departments are sharing information as needed, and he believes Monroe County is still looking into the evidence against Turnquest.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/03/julia_niswenders_stepfather_wa.html

Migraine is letting up a bit. You both (BS and Trojan) are correct, I could not find where it stated Julia had gone hunting with JT. My apologies. I withdraw that scenario, but not the concept. Place (hunting trip or not) does not change the meat of the theory.

I appreciate you both offering up suggestions and opinions to my posts.

MOO etc.

I don't think it is right to speculate at this moment that, Julia, Jennifer and/or the youngest daughter are victims of sexual abuse and were "groomed", without having any proof of that.

If you have been a victim, the signs are there.

Help me out here Spellie, did the child *advertiser censored* occur prior to Julia's death? Did the discovery of the child *advertiser censored* come prior? I'm not following very well and will probably hang it up again soon.

TIA for any help. Sometimes I just need things spelled out <---- see what I did there? ;)

Well psyquestor, I have to read a bit between the lines and things sometimes become a blur to me, too. It appears the first computer from which the charges arose showed (child) *advertiser censored* on it from November 2012. Julia died in December 2012. The arrest came in February/March 2015 after a second computer and other devices were seized. But the pursuit of the investigation appears to stem from the first computer in possession of Ypsi police, which was turned over (or just the info was) to Monroe Sheriffs. The child *advertiser censored* investigation is now in the hands of Monroe Sheriffs. (or is it now the State Police?)

It appears to me that the *advertiser censored* did indeed come first, though it was not known until much later.

Trojan, do I have that right?

Help me out here Spellie, did the child *advertiser censored* occur prior to Julia's death? Did the discovery of the child *advertiser censored* come prior? I'm not following very well and will probably hang it up again soon.

TIA for any help. Sometimes I just need things spelled out <---- see what I did there? ;)

Not Spellie but I will take this opportunity to quote a previous post of mine, to try and help out. ;)
Also it would appear "the migraine" has stopped at my house for a visit as well. :tantrum:

Turnquist charged with child *advertiser censored* in Feb 2015.
Offense date of child *advertiser censored* is actually November 1, 2012, per video from article linked, Julia was murdered just over a month later.
Julia was 10 yrs old when Turnquist entered her life, minor child was 10 yrs old when Julia was murdered.
Mother and twin sister vehemently deny any wrong doing on the part of Turnquist, to the point of turning their backs on blood relatives.
Mother refuses to bring minor child to see a counselor, claiming minor child will refuse to speak to anyone.

Screen shot from video, I blurred DLN

Reporter in video shows document: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...n-of-interest-after-murder-of-julia-niswender

:confused: :sigh:

ETA: Sorry I thought I had the information from another article I had read this morning, Ypsi PD recovered evidence of child *advertiser censored* on a computer retrieved from the Turnquist's back in Dec 2014, while investigating Jim Turnquist as a POI in Julia's death. I will try to find the article.

Last Edited / Updated: 1:18 5/19
Notes I've been making (please add or correct me on any of the following)

• Soft kill (regarding parental kills) Link from Bessie's post thread 2
  • Possible motive - keeping Julia quiet about something someone didn't want others to know. (Child *advertiser censored*? Abuse?) Inferred from the lack of sexual assault, robbery, or other clear motive. (Roses, et. al.)
  • Possibly premeditated; no visible signs of injury / struggle. Bessie, post #604
  • Past allegations of child abuse (2000). Taping mouths shut, hitting with spoons and pans. Monroe News Link
  • Not allowed to teach children anymore at Do Jo; allegations of being strict / controlling with children. 4ist referring to conversation with M
  • Julia did not get along with stepfather; moves in with Grandmother.
  • Julia tweets "Trust no one." in November Julia Twitter Credit: TigerBalm for link. (caspermi thread #2)
  • Person possibly had access to Julia's apartment; was probably known by her. (no sign forced entry)
  • Marital problems alleged; Jim asked for a divorce. 4ist's post
  • Refuses to fully cooperate with LE; lawyers up quickly after Julia's death.
  • All laptops / PC's not handed over to LE in the beginning. One may still be missing.
  • Child *advertiser censored* allegedly found; JT is charged with this crime. Monroe News
  • Date of offense charged with above: 11/2012 MyFoxDetroit link Credit TigerBalm; info in video.
    See TigerBalm's post for further information: Here
  • KT alleged to have had an affair allegedly due to lack of attention from JT.
  • Both girls were at a prime age for molestation / abuse by pedophile at the time of allegations of abuse.
  • Possibility of martial arts hold used to subdue Julia prior to drowning incident. [concept earlier thread]. Taekwondo Times Article Pg. 26 - credit to Spellbound for the link.
  • Young daughter of JT and KT is not allowed to live with JT presently. Link to Freep article; includes next quote
  • CPS states she would be "at serious risk of harm" if allowed to live with mother. (see article above)
  • Possible tie in to CB case - JT is an avid hunter who takes youngest daughter on hunts with him. (Black_Squirrel)
  • CB's body was located on hunting land and her sister is best friends with Julia's sister.
  • All three girls attended Monroe HS together.
  • Is KT in denial because to be otherwise would be to partially blame herself? Detroit Free Press Credit: FindHG
  • JT allegedly has bipolar illness and has shown instability when off meds. (according to some family members)
  • JT allegedly removed the bathroom door at residence while girls were young. (red flag / controlling / inappropriate).
  • JT very controlling personality. He did not like them to straighten their hair (ostensibly due to the smell). He would not allow them to do this in the house. (Trojan, post #622 Thread #2 page 5).

So sorry that you've come down with a migraine as well TB :( Mine is lifting a little (thankfully!)

Ok, I found this...

In late February, while being investigated as a person of interest in Niswender's murder, Turnquist was arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff's Department. During the arrest they obtained a search warrant before seizing his laptop and other items.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...turnquist_potenti.html#incart_related_stories

Glad to hear your migraine is lifting psyquestor!! :happydance:

Are we in agreement that the first Turnquist laptop (K's or whoever's) was seized in December after Julia's murder? However, the date of the offense comes prior, in November 2012. (which means a possible motive, IF IF IF Julia could testify about whatever images were found).

Everything I post is my own opinion and should not be taken as fact.
I am not a professional and have no inside information, other than that provided here on WS.

A summary of what I consider key points so far:

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/03/julia_niswenders_stepfather_wa.html

Dec. 11, 2012.: Julia's body found in bathtub

January or February 2013: Grandma Rose's laptop-computer freely given to LE (Julia had used this computer, to be examined for use and possible contacts)

In late 2014: "voluntarily gave his computer to Ypsilanti police in late 2014 as part of the investigation into Niswender's death. Stablein said Turnquist was then asked to answer further questions, but the lawyer intervened."

February 25, 2015: JT arrested for possession of child *advertiser censored* at his karate studio following an earlier (warranted) search of his house by police. A gun was found in his car, for which he had a permit.

Police allege they found child *advertiser censored* on the computer [my question: is this the computer given in late December 2014?] and took a number of electronics in the search of his Monroe home, Stablein said.

March 4, 2015: JT termed POI by Ypsi police (not a suspect)

(June 29: Trial date). [added by me]

---
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/03/stepfather_of_slain_emu_studen.html

The stepfather of an Eastern Michigan University student found dead in 2012 has been arrested on a charge of possessing child *advertiser censored*.
James Turnquist, 47, was arraigned on Feb. 27 in Monroe County District Court on one charge of possessing explicit materials of children, according to the court.
Police believe Niswender was asphyxiated and placed into her bathtub, where she drowned.
---
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...sted-for-child-*advertiser censored*/31598374

Police armed with a warrant seized Turnquist's computer and cellphone.
Niswender, 23, was found asphyxiated in her bathtub, locked inside her off campus apartment in December 2012. Police said her body was positioned unnaturally and have always maintained robbery was not the motive.

Sources close to the investigation told Local 4 News even before Turnquist's arrest on child *advertiser censored*, investigators had moved away from the theory a casual acquaintance had murdered Niswender and were looking closer to home.

Sources told Local 4 they would like to have a long, on-the-record interview with Turnquist, which is something we're told has never happened in more than two years
---
http://heritage.com/articles/2015/03/04/ypsilanti_courier/news/doc54f741b1bf7c4984549555.txt

YPSILANTI - Ypsilanti police say the stepfather of Julia Niswender, an Eastern Michigan University junior found dead in her bathtub in December 2012, is now a person of interest in the ongoing homicide investigation.

This update comes after police were made aware James Turnquist was arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office in an unrelated case.

"This is due to the fact that he has not provided detectives with a formal statement as to his whereabouts the days prior to Julia's death, thus making him a person of interest."
---
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/03/julia_niswenders_stepfather.html
Paul Stablein, Turnquist's attorney, said the accusation of possessing child *advertiser censored* stemmed from police investigation of his computer while looking into Niswender's death.
Child Protective Services became involved because of the charge against Turnquist, Stablein said.
In the DHS hearing immediately following the criminal proceedings, Judge Cheryl Lohmeyer chose to let the youngest daughter continue to remain with her mother as the Department of Human Services continues to investigate the safety of the child.

The Ypsilanti Police Department stated that Turnquist has not "provided detectives with a formal statement as to his whereabouts in the days prior to Julia's death."
---
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...-linked-emu-students-drowning-death/24474357/
"They asked for his whereabouts the days leading up to and he's given that to them in multiple conversations he's had with him," said Turnquist's attorney, Paul J. Stablein of Bloomfield Hills. "Now we have Ypsilanti saying he's a person of interest; I think it's pretty irresponsible."
[added by me: conversations does not equal a formal statement]

Ypsilanti Police
released a statement Wednesday stating that investigators and some family members of Julia Niswender "have concerns that Mr. Turnquist has knowledge pertaining to her death."

Lt. Deric Gress said Thursday that detectives sought Turnquist's computer last year as part of their investigation into Niswender's death. Gress said police decided to officially announce Turnquist was a person of interest in the case after the department received a flurry of media inquiries this week.

"There are definitely no suspects, he's just a person of interest that we need to talk to one-on-one," Gress said. "He has yet to give us his accounts of where he was. All these people saying he's a suspect, I wouldn't bring it to that level yet because we haven't obtained a formal statement and now he has counsel that doesn't want to bring him in and tell us about his whereabouts. The family has provided us information, and he's given us some type of account. We don't know if it's credible."

February 26, 2015, search warrant:
"During that search warrant, they seized a family video camera, a digital camera, old cell phones, current cell phones, another laptop computer that was there, thumb drives and DVD disks," Stablein said. "They ended up returning all of the storage stuff like the thumb drives. Everything else is being forensically examined."

Per Ypsi police:
"We have some lab stuff out and that stuff takes a lot of time," he said.

---

Are we in agreement that the first Turnquist laptop (K's or whoever's) was seized in December after Julia's murder? However, the date of the offense comes prior, in November 2012. (which means a possible motive, IF IF IF Julia could testify about whatever images were found).

Everything I post is my own opinion and should not be taken as fact.
I am not a professional and have no inside information, other than that provided here on WS.

I think the computer was seized in December 2014 ......? Nothing before that? Trojan or 4ist, can you confirm? It is so confusing as to when the FIRST computer was taken from the home.

ETA:

first computer given to LE belonged to Grandma Rose. Julia had used it. LE will check for Julia's useage and contacts.

JT avoluntarily gave a computer in December 2014.

Search warrant, computer and other electronic devices taken I. February 2015.

I believe Trojan has stated this multiple times, but seemingly conflicting reports (news) had me confused. This is no one's fault but my own. I believe some of this confusion comes from Grandma Rose's computer being handed over as well. *maybe*

MOO
NAP
No insider info

Well psyquestor, I have to read a bit between the lines and things sometimes become a blur to me, too. It appears the first computer from which the charges arose showed (child) *advertiser censored* on it from November 2012. Julia died in December 2012. The arrest came in February/March 2015 after a second computer and other devices were seized. But the pursuit of the investigation appears to stem from the first computer in possession of Ypsi police, which was turned over (or just the info was) to Monroe Sheriffs. The child *advertiser censored* investigation is now in the hands of Monroe Sheriffs. (or is it now the State Police?)

It appears to me that the *advertiser censored* did indeed come first, though it was not known until much later.

Trojan, do I have that right?

That's it in a nut shell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members