MI MI - Justin Holt, 35, Twin Lake, 3 Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Justin is in NamUs-

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/41780/0/

Under circumstances-

Justin was last seen by family on 1/3/2018. He was supposed to be in touch with his brother the following day, but all calls went directly to voicemail.

A welfare check was requested and it was discovered that he left his home and car unlocked. His coat, shoes, and cigarettes were left behind. But his phone, keys, and wallet were gone.

Justin is 35 years old. Stands 6' tall, and weighs approximately 220 lb. He has blue eyes, strawberry-blonde hair and always wears glasses.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/41780/0/

Nothing. No updates. Family and friends on the missing FB pages are discouraged.

I'll post a map later on. From the media reports, it sounds as though the area of the lake they are searching is on the far end of the lake from where his house is, and they were searching there because the footprints were there as well as the hole in the ice. Based on that and the potential (as yet unconfirmed) blood drops in the snow at the end of driveway, I suspect he was forced into a vehicle and driven to the far end of the lake, then dragged / carried onto the lake.

It's not a big difference in terms of walking distance, but if Justin were incapacitated (I suspect he was), it would be an easier route to carry / drag someone.

It would also be easier as a two-person operation.

He is a big guy. I can almost guarantee that this would have to be a two person operation, if he did not move on his own accord. Of course, once in awhile you come across a Hercules-type that could do the job alone. But, IMO, not the average Joe.

I don't see anything anywhere that says this text message from the Ex's bf was found to be true. Does seem weird to me that this would be a final message sent by Justin to brother (I believe) and then poof he is gone. It's almost setting the scene for what happened to him?IMO

He is a big guy. I can almost guarantee that this would have to be a two person operation, if he did not move on his own accord. Of course, once in awhile you come across a Hercules-type that could do the job alone. But, IMO, not the average Joe.

I don't see anything anywhere that says this text message from the Ex's bf was found to be true. Does seem weird to me that this would be a final message sent by Justin to brother (I believe) and then poof he is gone. It's almost setting the scene for what happened to him?IMO

Justin posted on his FB page about the ex's boyfriend threatening him over the phone:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1649435838412867&id=100000393994970&ref=content_filter

I assume LE could check phone records to see whether a call took place, but that's probably about it.

Interesting comments at the link.

IMO, he isn't voluntarily missing, but I also would think that LE would have determined by now the general whereabouts of the ex and the new boyfriend when Justin went missing. Justin seems to have thought they were in New Orleans. I'm not sure they could be directly involved. That doesn't rule out being indirectly involved. MOO.

Justin posted on his FB page about the ex's boyfriend threatening him over the phone:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1649435838412867&id=100000393994970&ref=content_filter

I assume LE could check phone records to see whether a call took place, but that's probably about it.

Interesting comments at the link.

IMO, he isn't voluntarily missing, but I also would think that LE would have determined by now the general whereabouts of the ex and the new boyfriend when Justin went missing. Justin seems to have thought they were in New Orleans. I'm not sure they could be directly involved. That doesn't rule out being indirectly involved. MOO.
Agree it's just so eerie

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Another appeal issue for help finding missing Muskegon area man

The sheriff's office first appealed to the public for help less than a week after Holt's disappearance. Since then, it has conducted intensive search efforts using K9 units and a Michigan State Police helicopter.

A search of Crystal Lake, located near Ryerson and Holton Duck Lake roads, using divers and side-scan sonar also was conducted.

The sheriff's office's latest appeal for help includes several photos of Holt that were not previously released.

Holt is about 6-feet-2-inches tall with blond hair and blue eyes. At the time of his disappearance, he had a goatee and his hair trimmed short. He also wears glasses. It's believed he was wearing blue jeans and a yellow T-shirt with "Got Perch?" printed on the front of it when he disappeared.

https://articles.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2018/03/another_appeal_for_help_findin.amp
799017c8e491c61b833eb0c58722dd95.jpg
e5e979797d2f3b94087cb5c50ce97940.jpg
e87b7bba20c50ed84fa67064d29683d7.jpg
764979a4245811155f8ebf06ac267e10.jpg

This case resides a few hours from me. I am curious did police question in depth the Mother of his children? I believe her new boyfriend or husband made threatening remarks to him a few days prior to him coming up missing. I am not sure if it was threw social media or text messages? Prayers to his family. Especially his children. Prayers that Police find him an hold those accountable that caused any harm. :(:mad:

Am close to the area as well. Not much that I could find available for us to know on investigation. It's ongoing... Just checking in and keeping Justin and family in my prayers. So many places in the woods here ! Not to mention lakes and swamps. Such a sad case. Just seems like he disappeared .Hope LE can find answers !!

Am close to the area as well. Not much that I could find available for us to know on investigation. It's ongoing... Just checking in and keeping Justin and family in my prayers. So many places in the woods here ! Not to mention lakes and swamps. Such a sad case. Just seems like he disappeared .Hope LE can find answers !!
Was a spot of blood found in his driveway or on street by his house? Thought I read that somewhere... praying truth comes out.

Justin Holt was last seen by family the afternoon of Jan 3, 2018. He is 6'2, 225 pounds, blonde hair, blue eyes. Wears glasses, smokes cigarettes. Often wears a snappy hat, like a fedora. He was in a custody battle for his five children with his former wife, Jannalee.

Justin appears to have made it back to his home after leaving his family. His vehicle, shoes, coat and keys were left at the house along with his vehicle.

When the family organized a search party, they had his drive plowed and discovered bloodstains near his car. Lab tests revealed the blood belonged to Justin. While helicopters, search dogs, search parties and dive teams searched for him over a period of several months, there was no sign of him.

upload_2019-1-24_10-4-35.png

Additional reading -

Police run out of leads

One year anniversary, no answers

As I am covering his case on the Already Gone Podcast, I have spoken with his family as well as Muskegeon Cty Sheriff's Detectives about his case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back