MI MI - Kaylah Hunter, 6, & Kristian Justice, 7 months, mother found deceased, Detroit, 24 May 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
August 27, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Family hopes husband will give clues to missing kids from Wayne Co. jail

Oralandar Brand-Williams/The Detroit News

Detroit — The family of a 28-year-old woman whose husband was arraigned Wednesday in her death say they are not giving up hope of finding her two small children who disappeared nearly three months ago.

The 36th District courtroom was packed Wednesday with Alicia Fox’s family and friends, many of whom wore T-shirts with photos of Fox’s children, Kaylah Hunter, 6, and 8-month-old Kristian Justice. The youngsters have not been seen since Fox disappeared despite exhaustive searches by her family and friends.

Fox’s decomposed body was found June 9 wrapped in a blanket in a vacant home on Penrod Street on the city’s west side. An autopsy showed she died of multiple gunshot wounds, two of them to the head. The woman’s husband, 28-year-old Erin Justice, was formally charged with her murder Wednesday. He was extradited from Atlanta.

During his video arraignment before Magistrate Charles Anderson, Justice showed no emotion as a not guilty plea was entered on his behalf. He was arraigned on first-degree murder, felon in possession of a firearm and felony firearm charges in the death of his wife.

He was remanded to the Wayne County Jail with no bond. Justice’s preliminary examination is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Sept. 4...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140827/METRO01/308270055#ixzz3BgnxpszZ

I feel the more time passes the less likely a happy outcome. I thought , initially, there was a good chance the babies had been stashed with a friend for safe keeping. :( Not so sure that's possible anymore.

I come to read these post and stay updated. But I can't follow as much as I like. Kaylah I kid you not, could be my nieces doppelganger. It haunts me. May they find them soon. Asking for angels to watch over these babies until they are.

10693592_309600769227571_1576341624_n.jpg

My hunch is that they're in Georgia with their step-monster's extended family. But, hunches are not worth much. It's not a "fact" just a gut feeling. LE is doing what they can with what they got. My prayer is that they find these babies soon. Bumping for Kaylah and Kristian. JMHO

Murdered mother's family seeking answers in tragedy

Estranged husband Erin Justice charged with her murder

Author: Will Jones, Local 4 Reporter, @Local4Will, wjones@wdiv.com

DETROIT -
It's been almost six months since the discovery of Alicia Fox's body and the disappearance of her two children. To this day, there are still no signs of her children.

Her friends met in her memory and to garner support, hoping for answers.

The hard times for this family continue as Thanksgiving approaches. They've been waiting months for answers, but they haven't gotten any yet...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/murdered-mothers-family-seeking-answers-in-tragedy/29792558

Detroit man ordered to trial in estranged wife's death
May 05, 2015 - 2:11 pm

A Detroit man charged with killing his estranged wife has been ordered to trial after a judge heard testimony from a key witness in the case.

Alicia Fox's body was found last June but her two children remain missing.

A judge found probable cause Tuesday to send Erin Justice to trial for first-degree murder and other charges. Tim Jones, who has pleaded guilty to being an accessory, testified against Justice and said he helped move the body and got rid of evidence.

Witness: Detroit man said he blacked out, came to shooting wife

When Jones asked what happened, Justice, 29, said he was arguing with Fox, blacked out, and when he came to, he was shooting, he testified....

Jones said when he arrived at the house of Ardmore, Justice gave him gloves.

He realized the keys they were searching for were for Fox's car and suggested they may be on Fox's body because Justice told him she was trying to "get away from him," Jones testified.

Justice took her body out of the attic to check for the keys and Jones helped him move her body back, he said.

Read more at ....

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...15/05/05/erin-justice-returns-court/26882633/

Crime Stoppers announces $3K award for info on missing kids

Crime Stoppers announced Tuesday a cash reward of up to $3,000 for information leading to the location of Kaylah Hunter and Kristian Justice. A Crime Stoppers official said an additional $1,000 will be rewarded if the information comes in before midnight Tuesday.

The family pleaded for anyone with information, no matter how minimal it may seem, to come forward and call Crime Stoppers.

You can reach Crime Stoppers with a tip at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.

Crime Stoppers announces $3K award for info on missing kids

Author: Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff, local4@clickondetroit.com

Published On: 2 h Updated 33 m

DETROIT -
Crime Stoppers announced Tuesday a cash reward of up to $3,000 for information leading to the location of Kaylah Hunter and Kristian Justice.

The children have been missing since their mother was found dead in June of 2014.

A Crime Stoppers official said an additional $1,000 will be rewarded if the information comes in before midnight Tuesday...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...es-3k-award-for-info-on-missing-kids/33101738

I heard excerpts from the press conference on the radio as I was driving home from a meeting. Absolutely heart-wrenching for this family who desperately wants to find these youngsters :cry: I suspect their mother's murderer knows the whereabouts of these precious children. I hope and pray that he grows a conscience and provides the information to authorities.

Charley Project - Kaylah Hunter

Charley Project - Kristian Justice

hunter_kaylah5.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: May 24, 2014 from Detroit, Michigan
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date of Birth: November 8, 2007
• Height and Weight: 4'5, 65 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Kayla may wear her hair in cornrows.

justice_kristian4.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: May 24, 2014 from Detroit, Michigan
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date of Birth: October 2, 2013
• Height and Weight: 2'0, 17 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Some agencies give Kristian's last name as Fox.

Details of Disappearance
Kaylah disappeared with her half-brother, Kristian Justice, and their mother, Alicia Marie Fox, from Detroit, Michigan on May 24, 2014. They had been living with Alicia's husband of four months, Erin Maurice Justice, who is Kristian's father, in the 1800 block of Ardmore Street. Photos of Erin and Alicia are posted below this case summary. Alicia and the children had moved out shortly before they vanished. Kaylah's father got a text message supposedly from Alicia on June 3, but authorities don't believe she actually sent it. The three of them were reported missing by family members nearly two weeks later, on June 6, after Kaylah missed her kindergarten graduation.

On June 9, Alicia's badly decomposed body was found wrapped in a blanket and dumped in the basement of a vacant house on Penrod Street on the west side of Detroit. She had been shot twice in the head. The house is three doors down from where Erin's cousin lives. There was no sign of either of the children and they have never been seen again.

Erin was arrested in Atlanta, Georgia and charged with first-degree murder in Alicia's case on June 11. Authorities determined he rented a U-Haul after Alicia's murder and drove it 300 miles between May 27 and May 29, without ever leaving Detroit, before he took a plane flight to Atlanta. He also sold Fox's Chevrolet Impala to a junkyard in Taylor, Michigan; by the time the police tracked it down it had already been stripped. Erin has a history of violence towards women and a criminal record for drugs and weapons offenses. On June 2, several days after Alicia and the children disappeared, he appeared in court and pleaded guilty to several traffic violations.

Timothy Bernard Jones was also charged with evidence tampering, concealing a death and being an accessory to murder after the fact in Alicie's murder. A photo of Jones is posted below this case summary. Authorities believe Erin killed Alicia inside their Ardmore Street residence sometime between May 25 and May 27; they found a bullet hole lodged in the wall and blood spattered on the ceiling of the upstairs bedroom. Jones, who was Erin's friend from childhood, allegedly helped him hide the body. He told police that it had originally been stored in a crawl space in the Ardmore Street house and, at the time he helped move it, the children were alive.

The family's white pit bull was found running loose on West End and Vanderbilt in Detroit on June 19. It had strangulation marks around its neck and cigarette burns on its face and chest. It was picked up by the Southwest Animal Group, given veterinary treatment and placed in a foster home, and was eventually identified as Alicia's dog. It was speculated that Erin sold it to be bred and/or used for fighting. The animal had reportedly been very loyal and protective of the children.

Erin is awaiting trial for Alicia's murder. He hasn't been charged in connection with the children's disappearances. Due to the circumstances, Kaylah and Kristian are considered to be in grave danger. It's possible they're somewhere in the Atlanta area, where Erin was arrested. Their cases remain unsolved.

Detroit man pleads guilty to killing wife

Holly Fournier, The Detroit News 3:16 p.m. EDT September 4, 2015

A Detroit man charged with killing his wife — whose two children remain missing after more than a year — pleaded guilty Friday to second-degree murder after rejecting the deal three times, according to the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.

Erin Justice accepted a plea of second-degree murder and felony firearm in the death of his estranged wife, 27-year-old Alicia Fox. In exchange, prosecutors are dropping first-degree murder and felon in possession of a firearm charges.

Fox’s decomposed body was found June 9, 2014, in an abandoned house on Penrod near Tireman on the city’s west side. Her children, 6-year-old Kaylah Hunter and 8-month-old Kristian Justice, have not been located after they were reported missing along with their mother last year...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/09/04/erin-justice/71690564/

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...etroit-man-charged-with-killing-wife/35092246

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back