Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the item in his hand is related to BDSM. Screenshot from video attached

I am pretty sure what he is holding is a key chain wallet. These are very popular with teens and 20 somethings. You attach your keys and license and credit cards go in the pouch. It is all my daughter carries and it looks like hers. both guys and girls use them... at least here in Michigan.
Attached is an example but he may not have gone with the Vera Bradley model...his just looks plain.

https://www.verabradley.com/us/prod...V0__jBx0kSQNiEAQYASABEgJMgvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I am pretty sure what he is holding is a key chain wallet. These are very popular with teens and 20 somethings. You attach your keys and license and credit cards go in the pouch. It is all my daughter carries and it looks like hers. both guys and girls use them... at least here in Michigan.
Attached is an example but he may not have gone with the Vera Bradley model...his just looks plain.

https://www.verabradley.com/us/prod...V0__jBx0kSQNiEAQYASABEgJMgvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Could be. It appears to have two "coin purses" connected by a chain, though.

Doesn't matter much, anyway. No sense to be made from senseless acts. :-(

Of course he didn't deserve it! And there is at least one other run in from that house about a month ago.

I'm trying to make sense of all of his things being in his vehicle and wondered if he went with that expectation, perhaps the suspect started the process by forcing him to remove his clothing and leave his phone in his vehicle. Then, he transported Kevin to his home in Morrice and Kevin wouldn't have known the address, where he was, or had a phone. It makes the most sense why he had not given his friend an address or more information other than meeting in Swartz Creek. MOO.

I've been trying to make sense of it too. First I wonder how LE connected Kevin to the man arrested? Did Grindr produce messages exchanged between the two and an IP addy?

Disrobing in a public parking lot and getting in someone's car would be really weird. So would leaving your phone in your car, what rational reason could the guy have told Kevin, and would he have agreed? Surely that would have set off alarms? That leads me to mention things had been erased from his phone; so the perp would have come back to the car in a public parking lot and erased the messages? That makes no sense. I think Kevin drove to the home. Whatever happened ended in his death. Perp obviously wouldn't want Kevin's car and phone at his home, so everything gets put in the car and it's taken to where his Dad found it. Remember the car was found because his phone pinged there. As for Kevin's body, Lord only knows what the plan was going to be there.

The whole thing was not well thought out which leads me to believe Kevin's death was unintentional. I guess we'll know on Monday after the court hearing.

I've been trying to make sense of it too. First I wonder how LE connected Kevin to the man arrested? Did Grindr produce messages exchanged between the two and an IP addy?

Disrobing in a public parking lot and getting in someone's car would be really weird. So would leaving your phone in your car, what rational reason could the guy have told Kevin, and would he have agreed? Surely that would have set off alarms? That leads me to mention things had been erased from his phone; so the perp would have come back to the car in a public parking lot and erased the messages? That makes no sense. I think Kevin drove to the home. Whatever happened ended in his death. Perp obviously wouldn't want Kevin's car and phone at his home, so everything gets put in the car and it's taken to where his Dad found it. Remember the car was found because his phone pinged there. As for Kevin's body, Lord only knows what the plan was going to be there.

The whole thing was not well thought out which leads me to believe Kevin's death was unintentional. I guess we'll know on Monday after the court hearing.
Disrobing in the lot may be odd, but it would be pretty normal to change clothes between work and a date, so he would then have the other clothes in his car.

But we have footage from the Nest camera of him walking out his door to go to this date, so it appears he didn’t go to the date straight from work. He could have changed clothes at home. The only thing I can think of for bringing a change of clothes to the date is:
1) The date had told him they’d be doing a couple different types of activities so bring a change of clothes
2) He ran home after work because he forgot something (maybe what was in his hand) but hadn’t planned on stopping off and was running late so didn’t bother to take the time to change at home. MOO
Or I guess it’s possible he changed at the salon but I’m curious why he changed there If he planned to go home all along. In that case maybe it was #2 above.

If you are into BDSM and multiple people at one time, disrobing in public and leaving your clothes behind, may have been part of the "fun". He could have been told to leave his phone to ensure no pictures were taken of everybody.

There's a thrill and risk component to BDSM with multiple people you have never met, not just for the invitee but also the host. I have a friend who engages in these types of encounters and loves the riskiness of it all. That's what excites him most. It's the unknown and what's going to happen next that thrills him. That's why he hooks up with people he doesn't know from online sites. It's all part of it. He's actually not looking for a life partner, he's looking for the thrill.

It's clear from the texts to his roommate that Kevin knew, to a degree, what he was walking into. He knew about other people being there but, at this point, we don't know if he was aware of the possibility of BDSM. He most definitely did not agree to be murdered.

Kevin went to have a thrilling and fun time. It could have been fine, except he crossed paths with someone who had an alternate plan. I have a feeling that no one else was there except Kevin and his killer. It was all a ruse to get him there and possibly make him feel more secure about the date.

So very very sad.

MOO

I hate to think of Kevin’s family waking up to their terrible reality this morning. I hope all who are responsible for Kevin’s death are held accountable and punished severely. Based on everything I have seen and read, this world was a better place with Kevin in it, and the lives of his family and friends are surely diminished. I hope the outpouring of sympathy from people all over bring them some small measure of comfort. The ordeal that lies ahead of them will be very difficult, and they will continue to need support, encouragement, and understanding.

In light of what happened to Kevin, Mid Michigan Now did a story on Dating App safety. One of the tips was to reverse image search your potential date on Google. The reporter pointed out some people don't use their real photo. Certainly not foolproof and most of you probably already know how to use this feature, but thought I'd share anyway. Also a good sleuthing tool to keep in your pocket ;)

How do I reverse Google Image Search?

That's a reverse image search. Google's reverse image search is a breeze on a desktop computer. Go to images.google.com, click the camera icon (), and either paste in the URL for an image you've seen online, upload an image from your hard drive, or drag an image from another window.

Today's technology certainly comes at a cost, and one of those costs is safety. It's so important for people to understand the risks and how to minimize them. It's not just dating apps. It's Craigslist ads, people you meet on XBox Live, etc.

How easy for someone to become a victim from some nutbar. Vulnerable once handcuffed, tied up in some fashion. I agree danger is everywhere however the Internet has made it easier to connect with a victim.

I hate to think of Kevin’s family waking up to their terrible reality this morning. I hope all who are responsible for Kevin’s death are held accountable and punished severely. Based on everything I have seen and read, this world was a better place with Kevin in it, and the lives of his family and friends are surely diminished. I hope the outpouring of sympathy from people all over bring them some small measure of comfort. The ordeal that lies ahead of them will be very difficult, and they will continue to need support, encouragement, and understanding.

I very much agree with this and could not have said it better myself.
I wish the police would've taken the first instance more seriously. Reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer's victim that escaped and the cops didn't do anything.

I'm just not buying the prior incident was simply a man fleeing from a consenting encounter. Who does that? Was this man afraid to speak out?
Cops called for strange encounter
I wonder if there was somebody else back at the house that the person may have been protecting by not having LE become involved. Maybe the escaping man was not the only one there, because if a person was upset enough to escape and run down the street, why would he go back willingly?

I wonder if there was somebody else back at the house that the person may have been protecting by not having LE become involved. Maybe the escaping man was not the only one there, because if a person was upset enough to escape and run down the street, why would he go back willingly?
Could be. There is more to this incident for sure IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs