GUILTY MI - Mary Prieur, 88, beaten and suffocated to death, Lennon, Feb 1997 *arrest in 2021*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
it must have been new forensic techniques as they had a sample of his DNA not long after the murder, their was also a photograph of him when he was 17 similar to ones I have seen police take so maybe they arrested him or took him in for questioning back then but couldn't prove he did it at that time,

he seems to have been on LE radar from the start, just didn't have enough to charge him till now,

I wonder if he thought he had got away with it, or was he always worried and waiting for knock on door, as throughout the years LE and crimestoppers would publicise the case and ask for help, so he must have been aware they were still investigating

Just from my experience with following cold cases, when caught, many perps admit to knowing the writing was on the wall. It’s a small comfort I take in unsolved cases knowing the person who did it must be secretly sweating and losing sleep wondering what will happen.

in looking at the pictures the sheriff showed at the presser he lived very close to where Mary lived, looks like he may have lived on a small farm,

March 24 2022 rbbm.
Man accused in 1997 cold case murder of 88-year-old woman gets new court date - mlive.com
''FLINT, MI—Criminal proceedings have been delayed in the case of a man accused in the 1997 murder of Mary Prieur, the 88-year-old woman found suffocated and beaten to death behind her Lennon home.
After beginning a preliminary examination on Feb. 24, Michael Bur’s case has once again been delayed.
The next hearing in the case—a continuance of the now twice adjourned preliminary examination—is scheduled for 9 a.m. April 22 before Genesee County District Judge William H. Crawford.''

– A Michigan man could spend at least the next 20 years of his life behind bars after being sentenced Friday in the 1997 sexual assault and murder of an elderly woman in a small, rural Michigan town.

Genesee Circuit Judge David J. Newblatt on Friday, Feb. 3, sentenced Michael Adam Bur, 43, to 120-240 months for second-degree murder and 120-240 months for first-degree criminal sexual conduct.

Both sentences will run concurrently.

– A Michigan man could spend at least the next 20 years of his life behind bars after being sentenced Friday in the 1997 sexual assault and murder of an elderly woman in a small, rural Michigan town.

Genesee Circuit Judge David J. Newblatt on Friday, Feb. 3, sentenced Michael Adam Bur, 43, to 120-240 months for second-degree murder and 120-240 months for first-degree criminal sexual conduct.

Both sentences will run concurrently.
That's what Michigan thinks is justice for someone who rapes and murders an 88 year old woman. 10-20 years?! That's absolutely astonishing. SMH

glad to see case resolved, surprised at lenient sentence but that was the deal he was offered, he will be a registered sexual offender for life,

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayaanie
Back