Identified! MI - Monroe Co., Female 620UFMI, 20-28, Lake Erie, Mar'82 - Kimberly Wuerthele

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This Jane is listed here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/620ufmi.html
Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on March 31, 1982 in Monroe County, Michigan
Estimated Date of Death: Several weeks to a month prior

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-28 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" (163 cm); 110 lbs (50 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, medium length hair; brown eyes. She had no scars or tattoos.
Dentals: Exceptionally straight teeth, possibly with a history or orthodontic treatment.
Clothing: She was wearing a plaid "Wedgefield" brand shirt (size 16-1/2) that was tied in a knot just below the chest area. It was made in Taiwan and sold at K-Mart stores. The shirt had one pocket on the left side and 3/4 length sleeves. No footwear was found.
Case History
The victim washed ashore at the Lake Erie Shoreline, near the Detroit Edison Power Plant in Monroe County, Michigan.
The body was well preserved due to the extreme cold temperature of the water.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Monroe County Sheriff's Office
Detective Jeff Pauli
734-240-7745
or 734-240-7530
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Case Number: NCMEC # 1100753
NCIC Number: U-114190905

A bit of difference in the sketch and in the reconstruction! I believe there is a thread for this Jane, I'll go look for it!
Here's the pics

Attachments

• Copy of 620UFMI Found 3-31-82.jpg
    Copy of 620UFMI Found 3-31-82.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 75
I think it looks like her wow!!

Susan Diane Wolff Cappel
Missing since March 16, 1982 from Newcomerstown, Tuscarawas County, Ohio.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 30, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance:5'4"- 5'5"; 107-110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown, shoulder length hair; brown eyes. She is right handed.
Marks, Scars: Healed fracture on nose from a car accident and a scar on upper right lip.
Clothing: Brown corduroy jeans, white turtle neck sweater with brown stripes, redish brown oxfords, red smock with IGA on the front and carrying a navy blue nylon windbreaker.
Dentals: Available. She has a crooked right front tooth and a discolored left front tooth.
AKA: She may be going by the name of Sue and married name of Cappel or maiden name of Wolff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Wolff Cappel left the Thompson IGA store in Newcomerstown, Ohio after working for 4 hours and while walking to her mother's car, was stopped by an older model blue car. She spoke a few minutes to the driver, then walked around the car and got in on the passenger side of the car. The car drove off and Wolff Cappel hasn't been seen or heard from since.
She left behind an 18 month old son.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/530dfoh.html

Wolff Cappel looks similar, but it states that she has a crooked tooth. UID had "exceptionally straight teeth". I think Paulette Jaster is a very good match, but she had a scar on the crown of her head....the UID was said not to have any scars. With it being several weeks after death that she was found, would they still be able to tell about scars even if she was "preserved" due to cold water?

I think that Dean Marie Pyle Peters looks like a great match! The height/weight match up and her photos def resemble the reconstruction. The age doesn't match up perfectly, but not enough to not be plausible. Her missing date seems a little off (almost a year before the uid was found), but who knows what could have happened during the time period, since it's still close. I think you should look into having this match checked out!

kevmob; If you would like to send an email to the Detective (Heath Velliquette) on this Jane, here's his addy: heath_velliquette@monroemi.org be sure to put in the subject area this info, Case Number: NCMEC # 1100753
NCIC Number: U-114190905 and Dean Maries numbers are, NCMC603596 NCIC Number: M-160127499, at the same time, email the Kent County MISD here: coldcaseunit@kentcountymi.gov...

Since you were the one that came up with the possible match, you should have the honor of submitting it!! You can copy the side by side pics and attach that to the email, it seems to get them going when they see them firsthand, that way.....

Let us know if you do..... Be successful, we're countin' on it!

kevmob; If you would like to send an email to the Detective (Heath Velliquette) on this Jane, here's his addy: heath_velliquette@monroemi.org be sure to put in the subject area this info, Case Number: NCMEC # 1100753
NCIC Number: U-114190905 and Dean Maries numbers are, NCMC603596 NCIC Number: M-160127499, at the same time, email the Kent County MISD here: coldcaseunit@kentcountymi.gov...

Since you were the one that came up with the possible match, you should have the honor of submitting it!! You can copy the side by side pics and attach that to the email, it seems to get them going when they see them firsthand, that way.....

Let us know if you do..... Be successful, we're countin' on it!

Thanks , I'll e-mail both cases today and post when responded to.

Bumping.......

Kandoo, Have you heard anything from Rocky Wells at the Doe Network??

Since we didn't get a response back from Kandoo, (I don't think she's been on this site for a while) I emailed Rocky at the Doe Network to see if he heard updates on the possible match.

this is what I sent

Hi Rocky,

One of the members of websleuths contacted you months ago on a possible match to http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/620ufmi.html They were Cynthia Anderson The Doe Network: Case File 287DFOH and Dean Marie Pyle Peters The Doe Network: Case File 8DFMI Have you heard anything yet?

His reponse was

No. We have heard nothing,

Rocky

Maybe they are waiting for the DNA comparison to come back?

Since we didn't get a response back from Kandoo, (I don't think she's been on this site for a while) I emailed Rocky at the Doe Network to see if he heard updates on the possible match.

this is what I sent

Hi Rocky,

One of the members of websleuths contacted you months ago on a possible match to http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/620ufmi.html They were Cynthia Anderson The Doe Network: Case File 287DFOH and Dean Marie Pyle Peters The Doe Network: Case File 8DFMI Have you heard anything yet?

His reponse was

No. We have heard nothing,

Rocky

Maybe they are waiting for the DNA comparison to come back?

I was searching around earlier and couldn't find a single thread about this girl. I was on a myspace page earlier and saw that someone else thought that the two might be connected, but my comptuer froze up and I lost the page. I believe I read that there was some DNA testing going on, but I don't have a link, so don't quote me on that one. Anyhow, I think that there's a really strong resemblance between Kim and the Jane Doe's reconstruction. Anyone else think so, and what should I do? If there is already a thread addressing this then please either merge or delete. Thanks!
Kim Marie Larrow's Page
http://www.michigandoes.com/MP/KimLarrow.html
Snipped from site:
Kim Marie Larrow
Canton, Wayne County, Michigan

Missing since: June 10, 1981
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date of Birth: December 17, 1965

Age at time of disappearance: 15-years-old

Approximate Height: 5'5

Approximate Weight: 120 lbs

Hair: Blonde/Strawberry blonde

Eyes: Green

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female.

Fingerprints: Not Available

DNA: Available

Dentals: Not Available

Clothing: Unknown

Circumstances
On June 10, 1981, Kim told told her mother she was going to a friend's house and told a friend that she was going to hang out at Hines Park in Plymouth. She was last seen at Stroh's Ice Cream Parlor near the intersection of Sheldon Road and Ann Arbor Road in Canton. In the week prior, she had moved to Canton to stay with her mother for the summer. Though Kim was known for frequently walking and hitchhiking, and having run away several times, family reports that she always contacted someone if she took off.

At the time of her disappearance, Kim had not applied for a social security number and did not have a driver's license.

Michigan State Police's page for Monroe Jane Doe
http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1589_31786_32003_50167-211684--,00.html
Snipped from site:
Victim: White female
Height: Between 4'10" and 5'4"
Weight: Approximately 110 lbs.
Hair: Brown, shoulder length
Other: Pierced ears and straight teeth, possibly from orthodontic care. Victim was found on the shores of Lake Erie at the Monroe Power Plant on March 31, 1982.

Kim's picture Monroe Jane Doe
KimLarrow1.jpg
MonroeDoe.jpg

i can't see the images here at work, but IMO the hair and height seem quite different...

Their faces look alike to me. I'd submit it, just in case.

Bump is there a response?
I was just wondering since there is one thing that keeps catching my eye on this Doe. I live in MI and up farther to the North, it is colder than it is here, midstate. I can think of no legitimate reason that she would have been wearing a shirt with three quarter sleeves tied below her breasts at the end of the March. I can't see that kind of attire being worn after mid september and even that would be a stretch. I think that Dean looks like a good match, and i want to hear about that, but on the other hand, if she isn't Dean, I think it's possible that she didn't come from MI, originally.

First and foremost let me say I'm brand new to all this and very inspired by all of you here! And as a fellow Michigander, this case has naturally caught my eye and tugged at my heartstrings.....and I'd love to know if this was confirmed as Dean. Any updates?

Just thought I'd throw this out there, too. I read off my response and the clothing to my fiance, who simply and astutely said, "The shirt would have been appropriate if she were at a party indoors right before she died."
~sigh~ He could be right.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
opieyumyum