MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how can we figure the time for that ride, is there a store or something with an address near it.

I am just now reading about this case and have a lot of catching up to do, but this already reminds me of the Amber story.
This poor little girl :(

Here is how I do screen shots:

1. Open MS Word (or a word processing software)
2. Go to the screen that you need a shot of, and hit the "Print Screen" key that is somewhere in the upper right portion of your keyboard. Absolutely NOTHING appears to happen when you hit this key, but that is OK.
3. Go back to MS Word, and then hit "paste". I do it by right clicking, and choosing "paste". The screen that you were just on, will appear, but it will be "anchored" to the word processing document, so you need to change that in order to maniuplate it.
4. Right clilck on the picture of the screen shot, and select "Format Picture". Then choose the tab that says "Layout". Then select "Behind text". This allows you to move the picture around on the page.

From this point forward, there is a LOT of stuff you can do. I usually end up cropping out the stuff that isn't relevant (with the tool on the "Picture Toolbar", and then going back to the "Format Picture" option to enlarge the size, change the contrast, etc. In order to get the screen shot back to an image file, I copy it, and then open/save it in MS Paint. Sorry for the long diatribe....but I thought it might help some of our newcomers who are stuck with only the basic tools like I am. :D

Yea!!! We have a subforum!! THANK YOU MODS!!! :clap::clap::clap: What is this about a MySpace? I just got home from an all-day dance recital and have missed out. I will go back and look in the threads, but if a screen shot needs to be made, clue me in on where to go, and I will do it.

Were you belly dancing? LOLOLOL Sorry for the OT, just couldn't help it! xox

has anyone figured out what length of time it would take to drive from the apts to where she was found. i think someone said it was 7 miles.

Approximate times I've gathered.

Driving directions to Dixon Rd, Monroe, MI 48161
9.9 mi – about 23 mins
Suggested routes

"Charlette arms "
N Macomb St

1. Head southwest on N Macomb St toward Country Club Circle 0.4 mi
2. Turn right at Lemerand St 0.2 mi
3. Turn left at MI-125/N Monroe St 0.7 mi
4. Turn right at W Front St/MI-50
Continue to follow MI-50 6.3 mi
5. Turn right at Dixon Rd 2.3 mi

Dixon Rd

I am just now reading about this case and have a lot of catching up to do, but this already reminds me of the Amber story.
This poor little girl :(

I am glad you are with us on this case. It DOES remind me of the Amber case....except that the child was exposed on a daily basis to predators. I personally am beginning to doubt if GK or anyone else arrested in this case has anything to do with the crime. If they have found a Bush beer can in the grave, then they MUST have DNA from that can by now to rule in, or rule out possible suspects.

Were you belly dancing? LOLOLOL Sorry for the OT, just couldn't help it! xox

Thanks for the humor scandi!! I do in fact bellydance.....LOVE it!!!! This one, however, was ballet, modern, and tap. I love you guys, I really do. In fact, I was telling everyone about you at dinner after the show!!! You can just imagine how a bunch of "dancer types' that typically shy away from stuff like True Crime would feel about the conversations WE have! I swear, you guys are all my salvation because I know that I am not the ONLY crazy person in the world!!!! :crazy:

Question: Is the bag cement comes in semi waterproof?
Hubby just said, left in rain the cement would be ruined, but are they doubled bagged, could that bag hold enough water to work with mixing the cement?

No, once a bag of cement gets wet, that's it, it is ruined. One would not be able to mix the water and cement together in the bag as the bag would rip. Husband has worked with cement for 30 years.

Approximate times I've gathered.

Driving directions to Dixon Rd, Monroe, MI 48161
9.9 mi – about 23 mins
Suggested routes

"Charlete arms "
N Macomb St

1. Head southwest on N Macomb St toward Country Club Circle 0.4 mi
2. Turn right at Lemerand St 0.2 mi
3. Turn left at MI-125/N Monroe St 0.7 mi
4. Turn right at W Front St/MI-50
Continue to follow MI-50 6.3 mi
5. Turn right at Dixon Rd 2.3 mi

Dixon Rd
I want to look at this on google earth. I wonder if there's anykind of video along this route.

Here is a screen shot of the MySpace that Pantera found where the login happened three days before little Nevaeh's body was found:

Attachments

• MySpace Profile Three Days Before Body Found.jpg
    MySpace Profile Three Days Before Body Found.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 64
I want to look at this on google earth. I wonder if there's anykind of video along this route.

Some street view yes, my coordinates if it helps.

"Charlete arms " lat=41.9308082462, lon=-83.386032807

dixon rd, monroe, mi

and I also think that time can be cut down to maybe 18ish minutes but someone local would have to drive it.

Chilly - do you have a link that says water was poured over the Quickcrete? The more I think about this, the more I don't think a bucket was needed since the area was so close to the river. JMHO.

:)

I realize you are addressing Chilly, but FWIW, there was a report that cement powder residue was left in the grave site. This would indicate that the cement was poured dry over the body and then water was added. Not pre-mixed and poured as there would be no powder if pre-mixed. So that leaves the conclusion, river water was used as the water source and a bucket or some other container would have been utilized to pour over the dry cement.

Thanks for the info, Peliman. If I remember correctly from your earlier post where you laid out the route between the motel, the apt, and the burial site, the motel is on the far side of the apt complex. I think the timeline is too tight for GK, though I'm not ready to clear him just yet.

I saw the MySpace yesterday and thought WTF! Seemed strange that a mother would refer to her child as her "better half".

Did anyone catch the radio program tonight? I spent the entire day poring over news reports searching in vain for solid information to corroborate the mother's story and came up empty handed. I was simply looking for a few simple, common sense answers, like, confirmation of the 911 call, or a statement from a witness that saw Neveah after 3:30. Anyway, hubby insisted I come up for air and go out to dinner,so I missed the radio show.

I would like to know how much wooded area surrounds Charlotte Arms Apts, and to where the child/ren--alleged to have spoken about Nevaeh going in the woods w "Daddy George" or having been stabbed by him there--were referring? We see alot of woods along the river but are there woods immediately adjacent to where Nevaeh was last seen?

:parrot:

Thanks for the info, Peliman. If I remember correctly from your earlier post where you laid out the route between the motel, the apt, and the burial site, the motel is on the far side of the apt complex. I think the timeline is too tight for GK, though I'm not ready to clear him just yet.

Bessie, timeline from Charolette Arms apts to Motel 7 was eight minutes.

I realize you are addressing Chilly, but FWIW, there was a report that cement powder residue was left in the grave site. This would indicate that the cement was poured dry over the body and then water was added. Not pre-mixed and poured as there would be no powder if pre-mixed. So that leaves the conclusion, river water was used as the water source and a bucket or some other container would have been utilized to pour over the dry cement.

Hi Truth, Wouldn't that mean then if you poured out the mix first onto the body/grave, then the empty bag could be filled with water from the river and dribbled over the cement powder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89