MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi scandi...seems to me LE are trying to 'rule out' at this point. In addition to having a perp sick enough to not care if Nevaeh was breathing or not, you have one who went through the trouble of burying her in cement along a particular fishing bank, with her clothes beneath her!!! Certainly not your usual pedophile. There's no room for mistakes in this one...once arrested, the evidence MUST be able to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. This sick monster should never see the light of day again. moo

I can't seem to get faces in my comments..that would help explain my outrage!
You are right about he is not your average pedophile. He made her suffer while dying.

We don't know if he even was a pedo as we don't know if she was abused that way before she died. But she was naked so I just have this feeling he was.

I think what LE primarily wanted was a carpet fiber sample from the upstairs apartment of Nevaeh's friend where she had been that afternoon, and a carpet fiber sample from her own apartment to compare the two. IMO, LE will know pretty quickly which apartment the fibers that were under Nevaeh's nails came from.

The carpet in the two apartments might not have been installed at the same time and could have come from 2 different lots. I really do not think it would take the lab very long to compare the fibers and determine which apartment they came from.

I wonder if the dirt found in Nevaeh's throat and lungs was actually mixed with concrete dust? That would certainly imply that she was buried alive if any concrete dust was mixed in.

Hearing of Nevaeh being buried in concrete was bad enough. Now it is thought she was buried alive. I hope we know more soon. I am thoroughly sickened by what this little girl had to endure.

Hi LaLaw, Remember the article also said she had several fibres on her body as well as under her fingernails. How could that be and what does it tell us?

Maybe it points to her being naked on a carpet and then was put into some container for transport to the area where he was going to dispose of her. It wouldn't look suspicious that way, just a fisherman hauling in his gear.

Her body might have been damp from perspiration or anything, and so when she was taken out of this container the fibres stuck to her body and he didn't notice it. He was too busy killing her and tossing concrete dust on top of her. Her fighting him off might have angered him. He is no regular pedo for sure IMO like Eues said! xox

PS LeLaw, I think the color of the carpet fibres had to be the same as that in the apts or LE wouldn't be there taking samples.

Oh for Pete's sake, they took fibers from AB's apartment carpet to compare them to the fibers found under her nails because she had been there on that afternoon, nothing more, nothing less. Same as her own home carpet.

I bet they also took samples from GK's motel room and JS's house and a lot of other houses where she was known to play.

I think that Nevaeh knew her killer, and that's why she was killed. I also think the killer was in a hurry to dispose of her. He/she knew the mother would be looking for her.

I think the DNA on the beer can and cigarette butts will be the two critical pieces of evidence to find her killer.

It sounds to me they are looking for a crime scene where the ordeal began to unfold in a bad way.

I think the DNA on the beer can and cigarette butts will be the two critical pieces of evidence to find her killer.

It sounds to me they are looking for a crime scene where the ordeal began to unfold in a bad way.

I think so, too. The killer obviously didn't think she would be found. That, or he/she is incredibly stupid.

They are keeping all this close to the vest, but I think they have a suspect not yet revealed. They're tying it all together, imo.

i thought, though i'm not sure whether it was from a poster here or in a news report. that LE found the person who's dna was on the beer can and they said it wasn't related. the person had nothing to do with the crime. i believe the poster said they knew the guys that were partying there...and that they were cleared. i might be mistaken, it was a while ago. i'll see if i can find where i read that.

I think so, too. The killer obviously didn't think she would be found. That, or he/she is incredibly stupid.

They are keeping all this close to the vest, but I think they have a suspect not yet revealed. They're tying it all together, imo.
(bold above by me)

I don't believe that we have an either/or situation here. The killer is both incredibly stupid and didn't think that the body would be found.

In fact, not thinking that is a great part of the evidence of such stupidity.

In addition to not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, I think we'll find out that there was a lot of chemically augumented stupidity involved.

I don't think the killer and the grave digger are one and the same person.

I agree. I know people are skeptical...but I think possibly JB or someone killed her on accident, and got someone to help her cover it up. Who would risk their lives basically for helping her? IDK the answer to that, it's jmo.

I agree. I know people are skeptical...but I think possibly JB or someone killed her on accident, and got someone to help her cover it up. Who would risk their lives basically for helping her? IDK the answer to that, it's jmo.

Someone who was already going to jail for hanging out with the Buchanans and had cement mix, drinks that kind of beer and fishes in that spot?

It wasn't an accident. Someone smothered her with dirt.

Scenario: NB is running around the apartment like 5 tears olds do. She knocks over a potted plant, all dirt spills on the carpet and she is told to pick it up. She doesn't do a great job, dirt is still on the floor so someone shoves her face down in the dirt, so can she see it. (You can't see it? I'll show you where it is!) She claws at the carpet trying to get up, aspirates on the dirt and dies.

The fixer is called in to move the body.

July 25, 2009
Taken from Monroe Evening News
Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force lists latest report

The Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force issued a press release Friday that discusses the number of tips it has received to date and attempts to clear up some rumors that have been talked about in regards to the investigation.

The task force reports it is continuing to follow up on the more than 1,200 tips and resulting leads on the case, in which the 5-year-old Monroe girl went missing May 24 and was found dead June 4.

"Only partial results have been received on the analysis of evidence recovered at the gravesite and submitted to the Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory," the notice said.

In the meantime, the task force reports there is a rumor circulating "in the news community" that a driver's license of George Kennedy was found in the River Raisin. Mr. Kennedy was reported as a person of interest early in the investigation.

However, the story as related in the rumor is not correct.

Here is what the officers are saying: "An expired state of Michigan identification card belonging to George Kennedy was found by a passerby on Wednesday, July 22, in a small creek alongside Telegraph Road near where Kennedy was residing. It does not appear to have any significance to the Buchanan investigation."

July 25, 2009
Taken from Monroe Evening News
Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force lists latest report

The Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force issued a press release Friday that discusses the number of tips it has received to date and attempts to clear up some rumors that have been talked about in regards to the investigation.

The task force reports it is continuing to follow up on the more than 1,200 tips and resulting leads on the case, in which the 5-year-old Monroe girl went missing May 24 and was found dead June 4.

"Only partial results have been received on the analysis of evidence recovered at the gravesite and submitted to the Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory," the notice said.

In the meantime, the task force reports there is a rumor circulating "in the news community" that a driver's license of George Kennedy was found in the River Raisin. Mr. Kennedy was reported as a person of interest early in the investigation.

However, the story as related in the rumor is not correct.

Here is what the officers are saying: "An expired state of Michigan identification card belonging to George Kennedy was found by a passerby on Wednesday, July 22, in a small creek alongside Telegraph Road near where Kennedy was residing. It does not appear to have any significance to the Buchanan investigation."

i wonder how much longer it will take to have full results

Well, that's strange anyway. I wonder when it expired? I don't toss my expired ID cards into creeks.

It seems that these days a child can go missing, be found murdered, and it is harder than ever to find the murderer. How have these murderers gotten so much smarter than LE and the FBI? I just cannot get over it.

Nevaeh deserves justice. I think JB needs a much closer look. JMO

Where is the arrest? What the heck is going on here? They must know who did it by now..... Geeeeeezzzzzzzzz

Arrest the perp already!!!!!!

Salem

Where is the arrest? What the heck is going on here? They must know who did it by now..... Geeeeeezzzzzzzzz

Arrest the perp already!!!!!!

Salem

The lack of an arrest and the lack of pleas for help from the public tells me they already know who did this and they are already incarcerated. There is no benefit for them to rush forward with charges. There is no statute of limitations, and if all the forensics are not even back there is no reason to pull the trigger on the defendants right to a speedy trial.

The prosecutors are just putting all their ducks in a row since they have the benefit of not having to get this psycho of the streets. MOO

I hope you are right, Impatient. I'm not feeling as confident. LE has said that the killer is still in the community. AND the length of time it is taking to process the forensics really surprises me. LE said this was a top priority case and as such, would get priority treatment at the lab. It has been over a month, maybe 2 now? since Neveah was found.

LE's initial comments led me to believe it probably was not GK. So that leads me to RS?

I wish LE would at least say they think they know and they are just putting the evidence together if it was one of those POSs they arrested.

Don't mean to rant, I just can't believe this is taking so long.

Salem

I hope you are right, Impatient. I'm not feeling as confident. LE has said that the killer is still in the community. AND the length of time it is taking to process the forensics really surprises me. LE said this was a top priority case and as such, would get priority treatment at the lab. It has been over a month, maybe 2 now? since Neveah was found.

LE's initial comments led me to believe it probably was not GK. So that leads me to RS?

I wish LE would at least say they think they know and they are just putting the evidence together if it was one of those POSs they arrested.

Don't mean to rant, I just can't believe this is taking so long.

Salem

Salem: Seems to me that Nevaeh being found caked in cement is holding up the forensics...not sure how DNA does in that stuff. mho

If it's not George, it sure seems like someone trying to make it look like him. Whoever did this is sadistic - likes torture and suffering. :mad: mho

The lack of an arrest and the lack of pleas for help from the public tells me they already know who did this and they are already incarcerated. There is no benefit for them to rush forward with charges. There is no statute of limitations, and if all the forensics are not even back there is no reason to pull the trigger on the defendants right to a speedy trial.

The prosecutors are just putting all their ducks in a row since they have the benefit of not having to get this psycho of the streets. MOO

I pray you are right... Every day I check the Free Press and here etc, hoping for news of a break or an arrest in this case. Hopefully, whomever is responsible is already in custody as you say. The only other possible explanation I can come up w for lack of urgency to arrest while building a case might be eg filicide or another close familial relationship (crime of rage/passion) if LE believed likeleihood of another being victimized to be negligible--but certainly not in any situation where any other child or citizen was believed at risk or w/in proximity of that same suspect.

Because unless or until this community can be given some sort of assurances, they must be keeping their children under lock and key--and sleeping w one eye open. What a senseless, heartbreaking waste of a beautiful child's life. :(

:parrot:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back