MI - NEW NETFLIX SERIES - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is the list of known, and almost known (Metta) victims:
  • October 1979 - female, age 27, bound, gagged, sexual assault
  • May 1980 - female, age 19, cyclist, gun, five year sentence
  • September 1980 - Kathleen Doyle, age 25, Virginia
  • March 1989 - Aundria Bowman, age 14
  • September 1989 - Metta, age 6, attempted sexual assault (probable)
  • 1996-98 - Vicki Vanden Brink, age 28, break and enter
Source: Atavist
The Monster also admitted he attacked 3 women in San Diego in the early 1970's. There are at least 3 people who claim he was stalked them as kids. One says she was pulled into the car but busted the window and jumped out. I'm not sure if any of those were ever reported.

The Bowman story - Into the Fire: The Lost Daughter, directed by documentarian Ryan White and produced by Charlize Theron, will be featured in a two-part docuseries that will be available on Netflix on September 12.

Here is the link to the trailer:

this is how i found this platform!

The Bowman story - Into the Fire: The Lost Daughter, directed by documentarian Ryan White and produced by Charlize Theron, will be featured in a two-part docuseries that will be available on Netflix on September 12.

Just finished watching this series; very well done. Thank you for sharing and for your help in finding Alexis.

Watching this documentary brought me here.
Welcome to WS !!

I will be watching the documentary tonight.

I've been to Holland many times over the years but that was before joining here and following cases so I had no idea this happened a few hours from me.

Yes, the reason why I joined the site. An excellent documentary that still leaves a few questions on what actually happened to Aundria. Just very frustrating to see a wife so resolute in supporting the reported abuse of Aundria by her husband and standing by doing nothing, but never charged. His story of the “accident” is utter BS.
Welcome to WS !!

Good Evening Carl, 1st off thank you so much for all that you do.. and also thank you for the docu series it was amazing.. It lead me to this website. Have a great evening.

Brandie

Good Evening Carl, 1st off thank you so much for all that you do.. and also thank you for the docu series it was amazing.. It lead me to this website. Have a great evening.

Brandie
Welcome to Websleuths bamo. I'm so glad you joined. In case you missed it, we interviewed Carl two nights ago. He is an incredible man.

@SBMonsterFighter , welcome to Websleuths. My condolences on the passing of your sister. My only advice would be to keep plugging away. I think this is an amazing website, and even though I have been here for approximately 10 years, I am ALWAYS finding a case that was previously unknown to me. I was familiar with this case, but have not seen the Netflix show as yet. If you have any questions , I might not have the answer, but everyone here is wonderful and someone is bound to be able to help. JMO MOO Again, welcome .
Thank you very much. I will do my best to keep updated on cases. I have found a few not mentioned and will add them after I search again to make sure they aren't here.

Brandie
WELCOME to WS to you, @xerio and all the new posters !!!

And thank you @CarlK90245 for everything you have done and are doing !!

Thank you @Aundria62374 for being here with us !!!

The Lisa Irwin case (still missing) brought me here in 2011; the documentary was the first I'd heard of Aundria. After watching I couldn't help but think that every missing child needs a Cathy in their corner. Her tenacity and perseverance are truly inspiring!

The Lisa Irwin case (still missing) brought me here in 2011; the documentary was the first I'd heard of Aundria. After watching I couldn't help but think that every missing child needs a Cathy in their corner. Her tenacity and perseverance are truly inspiring!
100% agreed. That lady not only was tenacious and perseverant, but her mother's intuition that Dennis had buried Aundria in his back yard was also impressive.

The Monster also admitted he attacked 3 women in San Diego in the early 1970's. There are at least 3 people who claim he was stalked them as kids. One says she was pulled into the car but busted the window and jumped out. I'm not sure if any of those were ever reported.
I’m looking for someone to help with my case

Stephanie Meeks Henderson

Random thoughts - trying to understand how Dennis Bowman's wife might be involved in the murder ...

Regarding the timeline, I was half listening to the documentary when the tape recording of the adoptive father Dennis came on (Ep 1). I thought he said that he brought Alexis to school in the morning. HIs wife was working "second shift". He picked up Alexis after school and brought her home. He took his wife to work. He came home. Alexis was gone. He phoned police right away.

When Dennis and Alexis returned home from school, his wife told Alexis to do her homework. There's something about Alexis needing more supervision to do her homework - but it was Friday night, she was going bowling. Sunday afternoon is homework. Why was homework so important on Friday after school, when they needed her to watch the baby while Dennis drove his wife to work?

To give Alexis time to do her homework, they took the baby with them when he drove his wife to work on Friday evening. Then he brought the baby home. We heard from several of Alexis' friends that she looked after the baby. She gave her a bottle, changed her, put her to bed, and didn't want to leave her alone in that house. Suddenly, the adoptive parents are taking the baby along to drop of his wife at work - when it's easier to leave the baby at home with Alexis.

Dennis said he called the police right away when he got home and saw signs that Alexis had stolen money and run away. I posted a timeline upthread and I think he phoned police a day later, on Saturday.

His wife worked "second shift" on Friday. What time did that start? Alexis finished school at 3:30. It must have been 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. Eight hour shift? She finished at midnight? Alexis was missing that entire time? Did the adoptive parents cook up the story together on Saturday morning that Alexis stole money and ran away, and then phone police to report the theft? When the $100.00 theft didn't qualify for larceny, Dennis' wife later claimed it was $150.00? That marked Alexis for larceny arrest.

What happened after Alexis returned home from school on Friday, and Dennis Bowman taking his wife to work? Was that less than 2 hours? Something about homework? It makes sense that Alexis was incapacitated before this wife's shift started, and Dennis had 8 hours to hide the evidence. That could only happen if his wife knew what was happening ... since Alexis was there before her husband drove her to work (how did she seem at work that evening?), and gone when he arrived at home. How long does the roundtrip take? I think that's too fast for a teenager to decide to run away allegedly on drugs, pregnant with dyed hair and hanging around truck stops. That's quite the image that Alexis' adoptive mother painted, along with larceny when she was "close" and buried in the backyard. That's an assault on her reputation long after she was murdered at home, not unlike cutting her in half twice.

Why did Dennis and his wife bring the baby on Friday night to drop off his wife at work, at the same time that Alexis was going to be murdered and dismembered? Was that because there was no one to look after the baby at home? Why not? It certainly wasn't because of homework.

Regarding the timeline, I was half listening to the documentary when the tape recording of the adoptive father Dennis came on (Ep 1). I thought he said that he brought Alexis to school in the morning. HIs wife was working "second shift". He picked up Alexis after school and brought her home. He took his wife to work. He came home. Alexis was gone. He phoned police right away.

When Dennis and Alexis returned home from school, his wife told Alexis to do her homework. There's something about Alexis needing more supervision to do her homework - but it was Friday night, she was going bowling. Sunday afternoon is homework. Why was homework so important on Friday after school, when they needed her to watch the baby while Dennis drove his wife to work?

To give Alexis time to do her homework, they took the baby with them when he drove his wife to work on Friday evening. Then he brought the baby home. We heard from several of Alexis' friends that she looked after the baby. She gave her a bottle, changed her, put her to bed, and didn't want to leave her alone in that house. Suddenly, the adoptive parents are taking the baby along to drop of his wife at work - when it's easier to leave the baby at home with Alexis.

Dennis said he called the police right away when he got home and saw signs that Alexis had stolen money and run away. I posted a timeline upthread and I think he phoned police a day later, on Saturday.

His wife worked "second shift" on Friday. What time did that start? Alexis finished school at 3:30. It must have been 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. Eight hour shift? She finished at midnight? Alexis was missing that entire time? Did the adoptive parents cook up the story together on Saturday morning that Alexis stole money and ran away, and then phone police to report the theft? When the $100.00 theft didn't qualify for larceny, Dennis' wife later claimed it was $150.00? That marked Alexis for larceny arrest.

What happened after Alexis returned home from school on Friday, and Dennis Bowman taking his wife to work? Was that less than 2 hours? Something about homework? It makes sense that Alexis was incapacitated before this wife's shift started, and Dennis had 8 hours to hide the evidence. That could only happen if his wife knew what was happening ... since Alexis was there before her husband drove her to work (how did she seem at work that evening?), and gone when he arrived at home. How long does the roundtrip take? I think that's too fast for a teenager to decide to run away allegedly on drugs, pregnant with dyed hair and hanging around truck stops. That's quite the image that Alexis' adoptive mother painted, along with larceny when she was "close" and buried in the backyard. That's an assault on her reputation long after she was murdered at home, not unlike cutting her in half twice.

Why did Dennis and his wife bring the baby on Friday night to drop off his wife at work, at the same time that Alexis was going to be murdered and dismembered? Was that because there was no one to look after the baby at home? Why not? It certainly wasn't because of homework.
March 11, 1989 was a Saturday. Alexis didn't go to school that day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back