MI MI - Oakland County Child Killer, "The Babysitter Murders", 1976-77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
christine2448 said:
This was part of an email correspondence I rec'd from James Renner today, Author of the book on Amy Mihaljevic:

By the way, a suspect in the Oakland County child
murders from the 70's was arrested out here last week. I tried to find him while
researching the book on Amy, because of the weird similarities between the
Oakland County crimes and Amy's case. There's more info on my blog about all
this at www.amymihaljevic.blogspot.com
-James
Wow, that's weird. I thought about Amy when I posted the link above. I figured police had already looked at this guy for several cases in N. Ohio's past. I hope so anyway!

Recent leads would seem to be a flash in the pan. Anything new being reported on these cases?

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=f90a3148-6851-4a41-a55b-4c15612ceba5

"WXYZ has learned Theodore Lamborgine, who pleaded guilty to 15 sex-related counts involving young boys, is the number one suspect in the Oakland County child killer case.
Investigators revealed this to WXYZ's Heather Catallo after Theodore Lamborgine pleaded guilty instead of accepting a deal that would have required him to take a polygraph on the Oakland County child killer case.

Lamborgine, 66, of Parma Heights, Ohio, was first offered 25 to 50 years in prison if he pleaded guilty to two counts of criminal sexual conduct.

He refused and Wayne County prosecutors made him a second offer to reduce his sentence by 10 more years if he would submit to a polygraph test on the 1976 murders of four children in Oakland County. " (More at link)

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=f90a3148-6851-4a41-a55b-4c15612ceba5

"WXYZ has learned Theodore Lamborgine, who pleaded guilty to 15 sex-related counts involving young boys, is the number one suspect in the Oakland County child killer case.
Investigators revealed this to WXYZ's Heather Catallo after Theodore Lamborgine pleaded guilty instead of accepting a deal that would have required him to take a polygraph on the Oakland County child killer case.

Lamborgine, 66, of Parma Heights, Ohio, was first offered 25 to 50 years in prison if he pleaded guilty to two counts of criminal sexual conduct.

He refused and Wayne County prosecutors made him a second offer to reduce his sentence by 10 more years if he would submit to a polygraph test on the 1976 murders of four children in Oakland County. " (More at link)
Hmmm, very interesting. Thanks for the update palmerk.

. . .Lamborgine may also be a "person of interest" in the unsolved abduction/murder of 10-year-old Amy Mihaljevic, in Bay Village, Ohio, in 1989. Like the children from Oakland County, Amy was abducted in a business district, and seemed to go willingly with her kidnapper. Also like the children from Oakland County, Amy's body was discovered in a field just a few feet from a country road, as if it was put there to be found easily.
On March 27, 2007, investigators told television station WXYZ that Lamborghine was considered the top suspect in this case. Lamborghine pleaded guilty to 15 sex-related counts involving young boys rather than accept a plea bargain that would have required him to take a polygraph test on the Oakland County child killings. Lamborghine also rejected an offer of a reduced sentence in exchange for a polygraph on the case. . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_County_Child_Killer

What about the Raar guy? Didn't the news reports say that he impersonated a modeling agent? Could this be our tape recorder man from the Lyon girls case. I know it is a different state but stranger things have happened.

Here's the link to a story from yesterday's Detroit Free Press:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070328/NEWS03/70328021/1009/NEWS07

And here's a quote from the article:

Parma Heights Police Detective Steve Scharschmidt said Lawson said he felt Lamborgine "could be involved."

Sources said Lamborgine has since failed a polygraph test and DNA results are pending.

In the Oakland County child killer case, investigators have a piece of evidence - a single hair taken from one of the victims - that they believe belongs to the killer. Over the years, authorities have tested the hair sample against the DNA of several suspects but to no avail.

Thanks for the link, Christine. The last update on her site is May 10, 2003. I'm curious.

Thanks for the link, Christine. The last update on her site is May 10, 2003. I'm curious.

I printed this thread, and read it on my break, I had followed it awhile back, but wanted to refresh my memory. I'm curious too.

I admire Ms. Dagner's fortitude; I just wonder why her information and evidence have been pushed aside. Perhaps someone in LE was involved, or had a brother who was involved, etc. I do find it kind of creepy that she spent so much time with a man she believes to be a serial killer. Why didn't Ms. Dagner become a member of LE 30 years ago? She would have made a wonderful detective.

PS Thanks, Christine, for the updated link!

Here's the link to a story from yesterday's Detroit Free Press:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070328/NEWS03/70328021/1009/NEWS07

And here's a quote from the article:

Parma Heights Police Detective Steve Scharschmidt said Lawson said he felt Lamborgine "could be involved."

Sources said Lamborgine has since failed a polygraph test and DNA results are pending.

In the Oakland County child killer case, investigators have a piece of evidence - a single hair taken from one of the victims - that they believe belongs to the killer. Over the years, authorities have tested the hair sample against the DNA of several suspects but to no avail.

Life in prison for Lamborgine:

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=6405176

Parma, OH - The Ohio man pleaded guilty to raping three underage boys in Michigan. Ted Lamborgine was sentenced to three life sentences for the 15 sex-related charges.

The 66-year-old says he never forced himself on the boys - but he did pay them for the sex acts. Some of the victims were as young as 11.

------------------------------

No mention, however, of evidence connecting Lamborgine to the Babysitter killings.

Advances in DNA technology are opening up new leads in the more than three-decade-old Oakland County child killer case.

Michigan State Police Detective Sgt. Garry Gray says investigators have found new evidence from clothing belonging to one or more of the four children slain over a 13-month period beginning in 1976.

Gray would not give more details about the new evidence, but says it is in addition to a hair sample taken off one of the victims.

The new sample will be compared to DNA of 12 primary suspects.

"Some (of the suspects) are dead. Some are free and some are in the slammer," Gray said. "Some aren't even remotely suspects now, but we'll check anyway. It's not that they are cleared. It means what we used before just didn't match."

One suspect who has not been cleared is Ted Lamborgine of Parma Heights, Ohio.

http://www.woodtv.com/global/story.asp?s=6974240

I was born in 1970 and grew up in Royal Oak, so needless to say, I remember this WELL. We weren't even allowed outside for fear we'd be grabbed. It really had an impact on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192