Found Deceased MI - Omarion Humphrey, 8, Lake Callis, 4 Jul 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The dogs tracking the scent to the car-park is telling. My 12 year old nephew is autistic and could be lured to a car very easily. He has no sense of danger. Someone could easily have seen Mars wandering about on his own, unsupervised and the family being told to watch him better and then taken him.

Also with news of the bio mom wanting the children back I hope LE are checking out her home and her family's homes. Just to make sure. I don't think he's there but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Personally though I'm thinking stranger abduction

Is Omarion's biological father in the picture? Does he pay child support? Does bio-dad see Mars or have visitation rights? No mention of where dad is in this equation :waitasec:

We are all wondering about the biological father. No one has said a thing about him. I don't know if he was in the boy's life or not. Nor do I know his name.

Breaking News Alert Channel 4 (WDIV, Detroit): Jason Colthorp reporting from the park that divers are back in the water searching for the missing boy.

Another Breaking News Alert on Channel 4: Davison police to hold news conference at 5:00.

Wonder what's up?

Jan, if you're here, what are you hearing about the water search and upcoming presser?

i think i can guess :(

Another Breaking News Alert on Channel 4: Davison police to hold news conference at 5:00.

Wonder what's up?

Jan, if you're here, what are you hearing about the water search and upcoming presser?

i think i can guess :(

In his report at the beginning of the 4:00 broadcast, Jason Colthorp said something about a reason why divers were back in the water :( Why did his family insist that Mars didn't like water when it is obvious that he was drawn to the splashpad?

In his report at the beginning of the 4:00 broadcast, Jason Colthorp said something about a reason why divers were back in the water :( Why did his family insist that he didn't like water when it is obvious that he was drawn to the splashpad?

From personal experience dealing with water fears there is a HUGE difference in the mind between sprinklers, splashpads or showers and pools, lakes and even bathtubs.

My niece would happily play with the garden hose, squirting herself and others. She loved the lawn sprinklers. But no way were you getting her in even a kiddie wading pool. Turning the shower on at bath time, she'd leap right in without question. Fill the tub up with water and she'd run out the door screaming.

My 2c.

Bio dad has an attorney? :waitasec: What's that all about? :thinking:

I'm not liking the turn this is taking. Still hoping this little guy is OK...worried about this presser.

Channel 4 has now switched to other local news. Abernathy Park and Lake Callis Park will be closed to the public tomorrow while a wide-scale professional search is conducted of approx. 5 mile radius. Public still asked to check and re-check their vehicles and property because Omarion is good at hiding in unusual places.

Brief mention of bio and foster families. More to come in later broadcasts at 5:30, 6:00, and 11:00.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ollowing-gathering-at-flintarea-park/34012086

WNEM channel 5 carried the whole news conference. The Detroit channel cut it off before the end. More news is on ch. 5 at 6 p.m. Police seem to think that Omarion is alive and hiding out and said his chances of survival are great, even more than a normal child or adult. The big professional search tomorrow that is covering a 5 mile radious of the park would include where our house is and where our son's house is. Our son is a couple of blocks from the parks that will be on lock down tomorrow and we live within 3 miles. I guess this area will be swarming with police and FBI tomorrow. I'm not sure why they are searching the lake again after clearing it 6 times. Maybe they figure he could have come out of hiding and gone to the lake. The lake has a large pump that sucks water out of the lake and sends it to the splash pad. Some people say that is the cause of the dangerous undertow in the lake. Also, the drop off at the end of the swimming area is said to be 28 feet. A sign warns about the undertow and drop off. I hope they searched in the port-a-potties that are near the splash pad and lake. I wonder if they left the bath houses unlocked at night so he could get in there for shelter if he wanted to. I was wondering why the bio dad suddenly appeared now with a lawyer. His name hasn't been published, just the lawyer's name. And, oh, the police said they didn't need money from the family's Go Fund Me account, which is back up. Maybe the family needs it to pay lawyers?

Does WNEM have live stream? Maybe I'll watch it at 6:00.

Weather will be much improved tomorrow for the widespread professional searches. Fingers crossed and :praying:

WNEM news at 6 said that Omarion's birth mother has 15 children and that she lost Omarion due to accusations of abuse and neglect. The mother claimed it was due to inadequate housing. I believe the mom is only 42 or 43 years old, so she must have been pregnant most of her adult life. (Or maybe she started as a teen.) The Davison police chief got very emotional and couldn't talk at the end of the interview when he said how proud he was of the community/searchers/officers (?)--I couldn't hear the last words because my dogs started barking. Probably won't be much more news until after tomorrow's big search. The Davison Community facebook page had a lot of people that wanted to join to get news even though they don't live in this area, so they restricted who can join to people living in Davison or with a Davison connection. Tonight the temperature is supposed to go down into the 50's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregoryImmep
Back