GUILTY MI - Patrick Mikes, 55, Troy, 27 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They met the very high burden to make an arrest w/o a body.

Any damage to the bike? It matched the description of the bike Mr. Mikes had.

He's not going to discuss the facts of the case. Referring those questions to the DA.

"Clearly, the scene of the altercation was in the basement. Whatever happened, happened in that basement."

Did he have anyone help him? So far there is no evidence to indicate anyone helped him, but there needs to be further investigation.

(He still won't comment on the condition of the body - even about dental records or how long to positively identify Mr. Mikes)

Many thanks to the Troy Police Department, other local LE agencies, Michigan State Police, and volunteer citizens who helped in the search. They absolutely did the right thing by continuing the arduous task of locating the body of a murder victim. Justice is coming.

So heartbreaking...but glad Mr. Mikes was located.

I feel terrible for the family, especially the other two children. They have lost both parents now....and have to face the fact that their brother stands accused of their father's violent death.

I alluded to dismemberment earlier, and my meanderings were confirmed by LE comments yesterday that there might be "body parts". How awful for Mr. Mikes' life to be taken so brutally! :furious:

I'm thinking that's the case. He used the word "tossed" in his description. No one can toss a body. Drag? Lug? Plenty of other verbs to use. Plus, he repeatedly said he would not comment on the condition of the body.

It makes me shudder to know Jr. was sitting in a restaurant eating dinner when he was arrested and Mr. Mikes was lying in a cornfield. How utterly sad.

So heartbreaking...but glad Mr. Mikes was located.

I feel terrible for the family, especially the other two children. They have lost both parents now....and have to face the fact that their brother stands accused of their father's violent death.

Both the survivors and the accused in this case need our prayers.

It makes me shudder to know Jr. was sitting in a restaurant eating dinner when he was arrested and Mr. Mikes was lying in a cornfield. How utterly sad.

A restaurant that is likely not too far from my home ;)

H/T to moderator, summer_breeze, who had updated this thread twice in as many days. :tyou:

August 10, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Missing Troy man's body found in Genesee Co.
By Steve Pardo and Serena Maria Daniels
The Detroit News

Troy— Authorities confirmed Friday afternoon the discovery of Patrick Mikes' body and bicycle in Genesee County, a day after his 21-year-old son was charged with murdering him.

Troy Police Capt. Robert Redmond said the body was that of Mikes, 55, who disappeared late last month.

Searchers found the body at 11 a.m. Friday in the Montrose area in Genesee County, where police had been canvassing, said Paul Walton, chief assistant prosecuting attorney for the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120810/METRO02/208100433#ixzz23AmRvQBf

I'm glad the body was found now, the week before the blueberry festival, or that town would have been swarming with people. I knew the police had good reasons to believe that Mikes Sr. had been disposed of in the Montrose area. Thank goodness for cell phone pings and observant citizens that noticed the car in the area. This whole case is so terribly sad. I hope justice will be served at the trial of Mikes Jr.

Police Wouldn't comment on condition of remains? Let's look at the 2 week lapse which is most likely the reason.

Terrible story to draw my attention back to Michigan

I am so glad Mikes Sr.'s body has been found. Prayers to his family as they put him properly to rest and mourn their loss.

How did it get to this point? So sad for all concerned.

Thank you all for the updates!
I'm so glad they stuck to the search. How heartbreaking for his family.

I doubt the son dismembered his own father.

Why dump body parts next to a bike?

Frankly, anyone who could beat their father to death is capable of anything. I don't expect it, but wouldn't be surprised at all if it happened.

5:30 p.m. Both sons reported Patrick Mikes, Sr. left on a bike ride. Andrew Mikes later retracts seeing his father on this date. Neighbor Sharma reports seeing Mikes Sr. leave on bike ride but no time reported.

BBM...

The neighbor seeing Mike Sr. leave on the bike keeps making me think. I keep thinking of the possibility that Mike Jr. dressed in his father's clothes, put on his dad's bike helmet and some other "obvious" gear (sorry.. not up on biking gear).. and left the house on the bike.. ditching it somewhere.

The bike would be gone from the house .. which would help him match his story about his father leaving for a ride. He could ditch it somewhere... sneak back into the house and voila.. he now has a witness (and probably hoping for more than one witness) that "seen" his father leave the house.

Its most likely full of holes.. but whatever else this murder is.. I seriously doubt he planned it in advance.. it just seems that he was thinking on the fly afterward and panicking. I don't even think the second movie was anything other than just wanting to sit somewhere dark and try to figure out what the heck should he do.. and I doubt he would get that time alone at home with his brother there, asking where dad was.

just a thought
Pat

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88