GUILTY MI - Renisha McBride, 19, shot while trying to get help, Detroit, Nov 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just seen on channel 7 , her blood alcohol level was something like .217, they said over double the legal amount. I was busy so just glanced at the tv. I wonder how many hrs. that was after? What's triple the amount?

very sad.

and its not passing judgment on the victim to point out that the confirmation that she was under the (considerable) influence of alcohol and (to some degree) marijuana, along with the strong likelihood of a concussion, must be considered and makes a reasonable and still sympathetic person wonder if her behavior at the home where she was shot might have been irrational.

very sad.

and its not passing judgment on the victim to point out that the confirmation that she was under the (considerable) influence of alcohol and (to some degree) marijuana, along with the strong likelihood of a concussion, must be considered and makes a reasonable and still sympathetic person wonder if her behavior at the home where she was shot might have been irrational.

This is nothing against her. I've had a level 3, severe concussion and I didn't even realize it for days. I was perfectly fine. Then I bent over to talk to someone and lost my balance big time, it was like being on a roller coaster which I hate. My brain was so off I walked into walls, 2 times. I couldn't bend very far over or I would start to fall. I was babysitting an infant but had alot of help, and I got the $$$. I don't believe she had a level 3 concussion. But she was a level 3 in something. And I have walked into someone's house 1 time, wrong house. Said OMG, wrong house sorry, shut the door. Different time and city.

reminded now of how other members discussed how very very similar her own house looked to the homeowner's who shot her.

Very intoxicated, possibly injured (concussion), either way likely confused, scared, etc. after an automobile accident.

She really did probably just want to go home. Poor kid.

There is no judgment attached to this. Young people, teens specifically, just really live more in the moment. That is normal. They sometimes make really stupid mistakes without really thinking a bad result will happen to them. It happens to others. KWIM

Just very sad case all the way around.

I will never really get why the fella got his gun, opened the door and fired. But I am more inclined to believe she may actually have been trying to get into the house now in a mistaken belief that she was home.

...The report provides some information about the circumstances of a shooting in which few details have been made public. But Gerald Thurswell, the McBride family's attorney, said the toxicology report has no bearing on the case as far as he's concerned.

The report, performed by an outside lab for the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office, said McBride's blood-alcohol content was about 0.22 — more than twice the legal limit for driving. Her blood also tested positive for the active ingredients in marijuana..."

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ing/-/1719418/22971802/-/okckspz/-/index.html

reminded now of how other members discussed how very very similar her own house looked to the homeowner's who shot her.

Very intoxicated, possibly injured (concussion), either way likely confused, scared, etc. after an automobile accident.

She really did probably just want to go home. Poor kid.

There is no judgment attached to this. Young people, teens specifically, just really live more in the moment. That is normal. They sometimes make really stupid mistakes without really thinking a bad result will happen to them. It happens to others. KWIM

Just very sad case all the way around.

I will never really get why the fella got his gun, opened the door and fired. But I am more inclined to believe she may actually have been trying to get into the house now in a mistaken belief that she was home.

I'm not sure he opened the door. Have you read that somewhere? The porch is really more of a stoop than a porch from the pics. The shot wasn't at close range. And the homeowner told 911 that he thought he had shot someone on his porch. So I would think if he'd opened the door and fired, he would have been pretty sure he'd shot someone who was standing, at most, a foot or two away, and that the shot would probably have been at much closer range. It would also explain why there is no exit wound. He was far enough away not to cause one. jmo

November 14, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Toxicology report: McBride's blood alcohol level twice the legal limit

Oralandar Brand-Williams /The Detroit News

Detroit — Renisha McBride’s blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit and there were traces of marijuana in her system the morning she got into a single-car crash and was later fatally shot dead by a Dearborn Heights homeowner.

According to toxicology results released today by the Wayne County Medical Examiner, McBride’s blood alcohol level was .218. Under Michigan law, a driver with a blood alcohol level over.08 is considered legally drunk.

The toxicology report also noted that byproducts of marijuana were found in her system...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131114/METRO01/311140105#ixzz2kfQBdcnr

HEAR IT: 911 dispatcher sends officers to scene of Renisha McBride's shooting

By Michael Walsh / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 12:43 PM
Updated: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 4:44 PM

Newly released audio reveals the details of a Dearborn Heights, Mich., 911 dispatcher sending police to the home of the gunman, who allegedly shot the Detroit woman in the face with a shotgun, and the authorities describing the scene at the home.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ne-renisha-mcbride-shooting-article-1.1516862

Did she live with her parents? Who let her drive when she was UDI according to her BAL? Where was she drinking? Isn't 19 under age? this is all so messed up, imo

edited because my puter is dumb.

I'm not sure he opened the door. Have you read that somewhere? The porch is really more of a stoop than a porch from the pics. The shot wasn't at close range. And the homeowner told 911 that he thought he had shot someone on his porch. So I would think if he'd opened the door and fired, he would have been pretty sure he'd shot someone who was standing, at most, a foot or two away, and that the shot would probably have been at much closer range. It would also explain why there is no exit wound. He was far enough away not to cause one. jmo

Good point Karmady, I was assuming he opened the door because to fire a shotgun through the door at an intruder you wanted to prevent from gaining entry would seem counter intuitive to me. and not really responsible gunmanship. It could just as easily been a lost child trying the door.

But your point is taken. I was posting thinking like me, not like someone whose shoes I haven't lived in.

If you listen to the 911 tape, make sure you stay there and listen to the song played afterwards.

"not at close range" i believe is referring to the presence or absence of stippling in this usage, so in this case considering the weapon and depending on the circumstances it could only mean more than 12-18 inches (have heard as low as 6 but that sounds low to me with my limited experience).

essentially it is saying "this was not a contact wound and it was beyond the range where there would be powder burns"

i am fairly certain that i have seen pictures of the house after the incident and there is no damage to the front or side doors as far as i can tell, and i have seen comments tho not in MSM from witnesses that have said no damage to doors. i would not state this as fact, just sharing what i have heard. hopefully we will hear specifics tomorrow.

exactly lijim. which makes me wonder, as I have never fired a shotgun through an object like a door. Do we know is the door wood, steel or what. Because I would have to think if wood, a shot fired through it by a shotgun would cause some splintering which would perhaps become projectiles. If steel I would no way shot through it for fear of ricochet and injuring myself. You can never tell from what you see in movies because that stuff is always so unrealistic so this is not a snarky question. I really simply have zero idea.

my COMPLETE speculation was that - i believe the homeowner's lawyer said at one point that he heard sounds at multiple locations (will look for source) so maybe he heard noise from front door that woke him up, he heads downstairs and hears noise at side door so he goes that way assuming people are trying to get in, as he goes there she goes back to front door. he opens side door and sees nobody so he goes out (with shotgun) and heads toward the front of the house, as he turns the corner he is startled by the person on the front porch and fires tho not fully intending to fire (panicky startled reaction).

this complete speculation would assume that renisha is not in her right mind and thought she was at her own house, so instead of going up and just knocking, she is actually trying to get in and then possibly banging etc when she is frustrated she cant get in/her family isnt helping her.

this is what would make it "justified" according to the homeowner's lawyer that he armed himself, he could have genuinely heard someone trying to get in at multiple locations.

I JUST MADE ALL THAT UP. IM NOT CLAIMING IT AS FACT.

possible tho? reasonable?

"not at close range" i believe is referring to the presence or absence of stippling in this usage, so in this case considering the weapon and depending on the circumstances it could only mean more than 12-18 inches (have heard as low as 6 but that sounds low to me with my limited experience).

essentially it is saying "this was not a contact wound and it was beyond the range where there would be powder burns"

i am fairly certain that i have seen pictures of the house after the incident and there is no damage to the front or side doors as far as i can tell, and i have seen comments tho not in MSM from witnesses that have said no damage to doors. i would not state this as fact, just sharing what i have heard. hopefully we will hear specifics tomorrow.

I know that not "close range" doesn't necessarily mean far away. And I'm also reading that a .22 actually is NOT likely to exit. Just some comments at a random website, though, so take it fwiw. So I guess it's possible that he did open the door and shoot. Although I still think he would have known for sure that he's shot someone who was so necessarily close if he'd opened the door and shot them in the face on that very small stoop. Maybe he just said thought when he definitely knew, idk. I guess we'll know as soon as they tell us whether there was damage to the door-- if they ever do!

jmo

eta: just saw your post above. Yes, another possibility. Thanks!

exactly lijim. which makes me wonder, as I have never fired a shotgun through an object like a door. Do we know is the door wood, steel or what. Because I would have to think if wood, a shot fired through it by a shotgun would cause some splintering which would perhaps become projectiles. If steel I would no way shot through it for fear of ricochet and injuring myself. You can never tell from what you see in movies because that stuff is always so unrealistic so this is not a snarky question. I really simply have zero idea.

yeah i dont know either, i have fired shotguns, M-16's, M-60's, and a few handguns (ex-military) but i have only ever fired them into targets either paper or plastic/metal at long distance.

so my only experience with a shotgun thru a door would be from movies also.

although i think it is safe to say that if the shot went thru the door and caused the damage reported in the autopsy i would expect the damage to the door to be considerable and very noticeable, with as you say splintering etc

hi karmady - yes, im hoping to get a lot of details tomorrow, i would think they will have to provide a fair amount of information because they know this is a volatile case and the media and public will demand it.

especially if the charges are relatively minor, or certainly if no charges are filed.

i cant really imagine that no charges will be filed, but again there is a set of circumstances that could support no charges, and when you consider the laws in MI and the way stand your ground and the idea of castle doctrine has been used in recent years it might not be that far-fetched to see it happen.

my COMPLETE speculation was that - i believe the homeowner's lawyer said at one point that he heard sounds at multiple locations (will look for source) so maybe he heard noise from front door that woke him up, he heads downstairs and hears noise at side door so he goes that way assuming people are trying to get in, as he goes there she goes back to front door. he opens side door and sees nobody so he goes out (with shotgun) and heads toward the front of the house, as he turns the corner he is startled by the person on the front porch and fires tho not fully intending to fire (panicky startled reaction).

this complete speculation would assume that renisha is not in her right mind and thought she was at her own house, so instead of going up and just knocking, she is actually trying to get in and then possibly banging etc when she is frustrated she cant get in/her family isnt helping her.

this is what would make it "justified" according to the homeowner's lawyer that he armed himself, he could have genuinely heard someone trying to get in at multiple locations.

I JUST MADE ALL THAT UP. IM NOT CLAIMING IT AS FACT.

possible tho? reasonable?

Just because the lawyer claims he heard noises from multiple doors doesn't mean it's true. Well, we know it can't be true because the only person outside was Renisha. There's also nothing at all to say that he left the house using the side door (or that his house even had a side door).

-----

I really don't understand this whole need to try so desperately to provide a defense for this guy. She thought she was at her own house and was trying the door? Has the owner even claimed that yet? Or he must have thought multiple people were trying to break in? He killed an innocent teenager, who never set foot in his house. Why does it have to be that Renisha did something wrong?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewreckk35
Back