GUILTY MI - Ricky Holland, 7, Williamston, 1 July 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
gagesmom314 said:
Any new news? I have thought of this child often.
Me too, poor little boy.

PS ... What is the area code to call in tips if we see Summer?
I'm just curious ... I pray for her, too. So sad, all these missing people :(

Doesn't is seem VERY strange that a 7 year old boy could disappear without a trace? My son is 21 and when I come home I can tell just by looking around what he did that day.

Here's a story from August 1st. Sure sounds like a credible sighting to me - the article is written kind of oddly, and it's a mystery, with a shoe print matching Ricky's why the cops decided the sighting was actually an adult woman, not a small child.

But anyway. Sounds hopeful that somehow he's still out there.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/1700947.html

Investigators dig up yard of home to parents of missing child

Ingham County
August 12, 2005

Investigators in the search of a missing Ingham County boy are having an excavating crew dig up the yard of the child's parents' home.

Officials with the Ingham County Sheriff's Department came to Ricky Holland's parents' home in Williamston with a warrant around 2 p.m. Friday.

The seven-year-old boy disappeared from his home on July 2.

A massive search got underway with residents and friends participating, and the case gained national exposure.

Investigators initially believed Holland had run away, that he had sneaked out a bedroom window and was possibly traveling by foot somewhere in Michigan or had hitched a ride elsewhere.

Since then, there have been numerous sightings of the young boy, but nothing has panned out.

Immediately after the child disappeared, the family told police they had lost a dog recently and had buried it in their back yard. Our NBC affiliate in Lansing tells us police did find dog bones in that shallow grave, but police have moved on to another location in the yard and continue to investigate.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3716325&nav=0RcedHRC

I really think something else had to have happened...there's no way he could be out on his own for this long with 12 fruit bars and $5 to $7. They must really suspect the foster parents by going to the lengths of digging up their yard. This is really sad...I hope he's found safe.

Paradise said:
I really think something else had to have happened...there's no way he could be out on his own for this long with 12 fruit bars and $5 to $7. They must really suspect the foster parents by going to the lengths of digging up their yard. This is really sad...I hope he's found safe.

Yes, that is a lonnnnnnnnggggg time for a 7 yr. old. I wonder what prompted them to finally start searching the yard more. I hope those parents did not do anything to him. But, after this long, I can not believe he is on his own.

Perhaps LE felt that the parent's explanation of burying a dog in the back yard was to cover up, just in case, LE brought in 'cadaver dogs.' Whatever the answer is, after all this time, it can't be good.

JMHO
fran

Well, the only thing the found in the yard was dog bones.

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050813/NEWS01/508130324/1002/opinion
WILLIAMSTON - The Ingham County Sheriff's Office, with help from Michigan State University's anthropology department, dug up a dog's body Friday in Tim and Lisa Holland's backyard.

Police obtained a search warrant in an effort to confirm it was a dog buried in the yard and not the couple's missing 7-year-old son, Ricky Holland, said Detective Sgt. Roy Holliday. Ricky was last seen July 1.

Ingham Undersheriff Matthew Myers said authorities obtained a warrant and performed the dig "just to be on the safe side."

Holliday said the Hollands were not home at the time.

Ricky disappeared from his Williamston home after his parents tucked him into bed July 1. Police believe he may have run away but have not ruled out the possibility that he then was abducted. His disappearance has drawn national attention.

Myers said the Hollands called the sheriff's department a couple of weeks ago to let them know that their dog died and they were going to bury it in the backyard.

Holliday said the investigation has shifted but would not elaborate. He also would not say if the Hollands are suspects at this time.

The Hollands' attorney, Neal Rockind, said Friday that his clients were frustrated about the day's events.

"They want to get the investigation focused in the right direction," Rockind said. He said that direction is away from the Hollands.

"My fear about what the police did today is that people will stop trying to find that boy," Rockind said. "He's out there, and we want him to come home."

Holliday encouraged anyone with information to call the department.

Mellen said:
Well, the only thing the found in the yard was dog bones.

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050813/NEWS01/508130324/1002/opinion
WILLIAMSTON - The Ingham County Sheriff's Office, with help from Michigan State University's anthropology department, dug up a dog's body Friday in Tim and Lisa Holland's backyard.

Police obtained a search warrant in an effort to confirm it was a dog buried in the yard and not the couple's missing 7-year-old son, Ricky Holland, said Detective Sgt. Roy Holliday. Ricky was last seen July 1.

Ingham Undersheriff Matthew Myers said authorities obtained a warrant and performed the dig "just to be on the safe side."

Holliday said the Hollands were not home at the time.

Ricky disappeared from his Williamston home after his parents tucked him into bed July 1. Police believe he may have run away but have not ruled out the possibility that he then was abducted. His disappearance has drawn national attention.

Myers said the Hollands called the sheriff's department a couple of weeks ago to let them know that their dog died and they were going to bury it in the backyard.

Holliday said the investigation has shifted but would not elaborate. He also would not say if the Hollands are suspects at this time.

The Hollands' attorney, Neal Rockind, said Friday that his clients were frustrated about the day's events.

"They want to get the investigation focused in the right direction," Rockind said. He said that direction is away from the Hollands.

"My fear about what the police did today is that people will stop trying to find that boy," Rockind said. "He's out there, and we want him to come home."

Holliday encouraged anyone with information to call the department.

Well, geez! It sounds from that article that they only buried the dog a couple of weeks ago, he has been missing since July 1st. AND, the family called LE to tell them they were burying the dog. To me that makes me really think that the family is innocent, sounds like they are cooperating. The media made it sound, at least to me, like the dog had been buried before July 1st, and that maybe the family told them the dog was there cover up any smells that dogs picked up on.

lostfaith said:
Well, geez! It sounds from that article that they only buried the dog a couple of weeks ago, he has been missing since July 1st. AND, the family called LE to tell them they were burying the dog. To me that makes me really think that the family is innocent, sounds like they are cooperating. The media made it sound, at least to me, like the dog had been buried before July 1st, and that maybe the family told them the dog was there cover up any smells that dogs picked up on.
Yeah definitely. It sounds like they're trying their best to cooperate with LE. I think I also read in an article somewhere that they both took lie detector tests and passed. I wonder why they'd suspect the parents enough to dig up their yard after they passed?

Published August 16, 2005

Local news briefs

Advertisement

Sheriff sends schools posters of missing boy

MASON - The Ingham County Sheriff's Office sent a letter to schools in Ingham County, Perry and Fowlerville asking officials to be on the lookout for anyone trying to enroll 7-year-old Ricky Holland. Each school also was sent a missing poster with Ricky's picture and other information.

Ricky - missing since July 1 - is about 3-foot-5 and weighs 55 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing a gray shirt and red pajama-style pants.

The letter also asked schools to watch for Ricky trying to get on a school bus, Ingham County Sheriff's Lt. Jeff Joy said. Bus drivers have been instructed to allow Ricky on a bus if he tries to board, then take him to school, where police should be notified.

Joy said Monday that there were no new leads in the case. Anyone with information is asked to call 676-8211.

Just wondering if anyone had any updates? Still praying and hopeing he is found alive

I found this when I Googled his name today. It is from September 6.

Ricky Holland's Home Searched
Lori Dougovito

Two months after he went missing and nearly one month after the Ingham County Sheriff's Office dug up his backyard, four search warrants are executed at Ricky Holland's Williamston home.

One was for the home, the second and third for Tim and Lisa Holland's vehicles and a household computer. The Sheriff's Office does not want to say what the fourth was for yet.

document.write('');The Sheriff's Office says they are looking for evidence into his disappearance. The Holland's attorney calls the search misguided.

I just found this thread today, not sure why I hadn't seen it before.

I am baffled as to what could have happened to this little boy.
Is there reason to suspect that someone planned to take him and told him to
run away on that night?

It just doesn't make any sense...to disappear like that without a trace.

Please post any updates. :)

For some reason LE is focusing on the parents now. I can understand the parents letting LE know that they buried their dog in the back yard...just in case a neighbor saw them digging in the back yard and thought it had to do with Ricky. I don't know if I would have thought to let LE know that my dog had died and we were burying him in the back yard. Probably wouldn't have even crossed my mind. They did the right thing I guess.

It would be interesting to know if LE is focusing on the parents because they have a good reason or because all other leads have been exhausted. It's been a long time since this little one went missing. I doubt if he is out there just wondering around all by himself. So many things could have happened to him out there by himself. I wish LE would find out something and that this little guy was safe somewhere. Probably wishful thinking though.

Hi,

I have never posted here at Websleuths but lurked often :)

I have been following the Ricky Holland disappearance since the beginning at is certainly a troubling case to say the least.

I have set up a forum, a blog and a site for Ricky if anyone is interested in visiting or participating.

The blog is located here: Richard Holland Vanished

The site is located here: Where is Richard Holland?

The forum is located here: Richard Holland is Missing

The web presence is relativly new but there are links to the sites at The Charley Project. I am hoping for more visitors and hoping that one of the sites will produce some sort of resolution to his disappearance.

I believe at this point it is highly unlikely that he will be found alive.

Thanks for reading...

tabloidtrisha

Police search home of missing 7-year-old for third time in two months

Published October 4, 2005
By Kelly Hassett
Lansing State Journal

WILLIAMSTON — For the third time in less than two months, Ingham County sheriff’s officials executed a search warrant this morning at the family home of missing 7-year-old Ricky Holland.

“We were looking for something specific,” Detective Sgt. Roy Holliday said. “We found it.”

He did not say what the item was; he also would not describe Ricky’s parents, Tim and Lisa Holland, as suspects.

Ricky was last seen July 1 when he went to bed around 9:30 p.m. No arrests have been made.

Lisa Holland answered the door this morning at the home and referred all questions to her attorney.

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...04001/1001/news

fourboys said:
WILLIAMSTON — For the third time in less than two months, Ingham County sheriff’s officials executed a search warrant this morning at the family home of missing 7-year-old Ricky Holland.

“We were looking for something specific,” Detective Sgt. Roy Holliday said. “We found it.”
That does not sound good. :(

Thank you for this update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3