GUILTY MI - Rosaline 'Rhonda' Lee, 32, Pontiac, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another beautiful girl taken and murdered. So sad.

I saw Nancy Grace the other night and here is what NG said to Star Jones...Also NG interviewed her sister.

snipped

GRACE: And Star, just to top it off, this is what I know. I know she was found partially clothed, clothed only from the waist up. That says sex attack. No. 2, the body, I think, was moved from where the murder was. She was manually strangled. That means not a ligature. Someone strangled her by hand.

JONES: Nancy, a strangulation murder that is not with a ligature, you know, is an up-close and personal murder. And from what I have learned from Rhonda`s family, Rhonda was not the type of young woman that would allow somebody in her personal space that she didn`t know. She would not go off to an area with a stranger. And so the manner of death and the place that she was found is more indicative of her being with someone that she knew or that she trusted or she thought she could trust. And that will be, of course, an assistance to the investigators who are really looking into this crime.

Clark GOLDBAND: Well, Nancy, the victim was last seen at 3 am in the morning leaving her mom`s house, and then it gets murky. The man she was supposed to meet -- claims to see her at about 3:20, leaving the location she was going to meet him, but we don`t have independent corroboration of that. Also, that same man, according to the family, continued to call the victim`s mother throughout the morning asking where she was.

GRACE: I want to clarify something, Clark, and I`m not at liberty to say what I know, but she was not going out to some club or some bar. She was going out of the home at that odd hour for a legitimate reason that I cannot divulge right now, but I would have done the very same thing that she did when she left that home. With me right now, her sister, with me is Richelle Ransom. Richelle, thank you for being with us.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/04/ng.01.html

Another beautiful girl taken and murdered. So sad.

I saw Nancy Grace the other night and here is what NG said to Star Jones...Also NG interviewed her sister.

snipped

GRACE: And Star, just to top it off, this is what I know. I know she was found partially clothed, clothed only from the waist up. That says sex attack. No. 2, the body, I think, was moved from where the murder was. She was manually strangled. That means not a ligature. Someone strangled her by hand.

JONES: Nancy, a strangulation murder that is not with a ligature, you know, is an up-close and personal murder. And from what I have learned from Rhonda`s family, Rhonda was not the type of young woman that would allow somebody in her personal space that she didn`t know. She would not go off to an area with a stranger. And so the manner of death and the place that she was found is more indicative of her being with someone that she knew or that she trusted or she thought she could trust. And that will be, of course, an assistance to the investigators who are really looking into this crime.

Clark GOLDBAND: Well, Nancy, the victim was last seen at 3 am in the morning leaving her mom`s house, and then it gets murky. The man she was supposed to meet -- claims to see her at about 3:20, leaving the location she was going to meet him, but we don`t have independent corroboration of that. Also, that same man, according to the family, continued to call the victim`s mother throughout the morning asking where she was.

GRACE: I want to clarify something, Clark, and I`m not at liberty to say what I know, but she was not going out to some club or some bar. She was going out of the home at that odd hour for a legitimate reason that I cannot divulge right now, but I would have done the very same thing that she did when she left that home.
With me right now, her sister, with me is Richelle Ransom. Richelle, thank you for being with us.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/04/ng.01.html

So, some additional information here.

Nancy's comment is so odd. Wonder what this means.

GRACE: I want to clarify something, Clark, and I`m not at liberty to say what I know, but she was not going out to some club or some bar. She was going out of the home at that odd hour for a legitimate reason that I cannot divulge right now, but I would have done the very same thing that she did when she left that home. With me right now, her sister, with me is Richelle Ransom. Richelle, thank you for being with us

Since Nancy Grace is big on promoting her own motherhood, I would lean towards thinking that Rhonda went out towards something like picking up her oldest child who is about 12 years old ... maybe the child felt ill at a friend's sleepover, etc. and perhaps it is not being mentioned to avoid the media harrassing the unrelated family.

I wonder if there have been any new developments or leads in Rosaline's case...not seeing anything...

Wonder if she knew him...... reading the article seems the system let her down. He's a repeat offender. Prayers for her family.

From your link:

Taylor also was charged in an unrelated case involving an attempted sexual assault that occurred Sept. 15, 2012, in the 300 block of Baldwin. In that case, police allege Taylor entered a home with the intent to sexually assault a woman who was sleeping. The victim woke up and fought the assailant off, police said.

In that case, Taylor was charged with first-degree home invasion, assault with intent to commit sexual penetration and larceny for stealing the victim’s phone.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130621/METRO02/306200121#ixzz2WszeA4In

And he was released less than 8 months later!? smh

Was just googling to see if there was any news, and came across this great news! I see you guys already posted! This is fantastic!!

Another article here:
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2013/06/20/news/cops_and_courts/doc51c35a5f35f48400019479.txt

"Suspect arraigned in strangulation death of Pontiac woman"

"Taylor, a Pontiac resident, became a person of interest in the case when DNA evidence collected during an autopsy confirmed his involvement in the case. He was questioned by Sheriff’s Office detectives and the FBI on June 5 and was at that time arrested and lodged for a parole violation unrelated to the homicide.

“I am extremely proud of our team, including the investigators and our crime lab professionals,” Oakland County Sheriff Michael J. Bouchard said in a statement released Thursday. “This was great old-fashioned police work merged with current high-tech capabilities.

Taylor is believed to have acted alone in the abduction, sexual assault and murder."

So glad this perp has been arrested and is off the streets.

Wonder if she knew him...... reading the article seems the system let her down. He's a repeat offender. Prayers for her family.

It appears Rosaline didn't know the perp.

“My experience tells me that it is extremely hard to solve a ‘stranger murder,’ but this time, most of the cards happen to be on our side,” said Jones in an email statement. (from this link: http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...8400019479.txt)

It also says on her fb memorial page that she didn't know him.

Sooo awful!

Who knows what else this perp has done. ("He was released from prison in May 2012"...From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130621/METRO02/306200121#ixzz2XCgBXeHn )

Great work LE, closing this case in less than a month! Thank goodness!

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...murder-case-to-be-featured-on-television-show

A murder case involving the death of a single mother from Pontiac will be the focus of an Investigation Discovery television show set to air Tuesday.

The network’s series “Motives & Murders: Cracking the Case” will cover the death of Rosaline Rhonda Ransom Lee in an episode scheduled to premiere at 8 p.m. Nov. 11...

Bobby Lee Taylor was arrested on charges of first-degree felony murder and first-degree criminal sexual conduct. He was ultimately convicted of those charges following a jury trial and received a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back