Found Safe MI - Sabrina Fouchey, 12, Roseville, 28 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are they cameras at the library?
Sounds like a runaway situation to me. Hopefully who may be harbouring her will do the right thing.
"Sounds like a runaway situation to me."

Why? She had never run away before so far as we know.

Personal anecdote - when I was a teenager I arranged to meet a guy I had been talking to online at a library within walking distance of my house. I went while my mom was at work and all I said to my sibling was that I was going to the library. Luckily the guy I met up with was just a socially awkward teenager like me, but if that hadn't been the case, a news article about my disappearance would've sounded exactly like this!

Personal anecdote - when I was a teenager I arranged to meet a guy I had been talking to online at a library within walking distance of my house. I went while my mom was at work and all I said to my sibling was that I was going to the library. Luckily the guy I met up with was just a socially awkward teenager like me, but if that hadn't been the case, a news article about my disappearance would've sounded exactly like this!
They've had plenty of time to review security footage from the library and surrounding businesses. The fact that we haven't heard anything makes me think that Sabrina never made it to the library.

This is so very strange. I have a 13 year old and if he is 10 min's late I start pacing and my stomach does flip flop's. WHY would you wait until noon the next day. Unless you are used to your child coming and going when they please or you are a parent that isn't concerned. I'm not implying this is the case with this mum but I can't imagine any parent would think their child got locked in the library overnight. I hope she is safe somewhere.

Yes, you would at least go to the library, search, call friends, go to friends....Maybe she did...but it's not mentioned. And then still....... when it's getting dinner-time, darker outside, bed-time you would become very very nervous and do something or did the girl had an free to come and go allowance? A bit young for that.....Don't want to sound hard or judgmental ...but duhhhh??!!

Can not quote from FB site but it looks like they? have been searching from 8 p.m.

Did she have a cell phone? Lot's of kids have to call parents when they are late, something wrong or have made other plans. I didn't see that mentioned. Seems she has, thinking of the (looking like) selfies on her FB-site. If on mum's account, they could look at the phone records...and let LE warranting for pinging her location.

I too was dismayed by the delay in reporting her missing but I'm trying to keep an open mind. Perhaps her mom works 2nd shift and assumed she was in bed when she got home from work. And, perhaps Sabrina and her sibling get up and off to school on their own and mom did not realize she was missing until the school called to report her absent.

In addition to library video surveillance, I'll assume that LE also knows whether or not Sabrina was in school on Friday. I'm not aware of any school/school district in metro Detroit that doesn't have automatic attendance system to check on students who don't report to school each day. If Sabrina wasn't at school, a parent/guardian would have received email/text or phone call to inquire about the student. If Sabrina's mother called LE to report her daughter missing, she must have known somehow that the girl wasn't in school. Sure hope LE knows more than we do. Where are you, Sabrina?

I too was dismayed by the delay in reporting her missing but I'm trying to keep an open mind. Perhaps her mom works 2nd shift and assumed she was in bed when she got home from work. And, perhaps Sabrina and her sibling get up and off to school on their own and mom did not realize she was missing until the school called to report her absent.

Yes, you are right, tried not to be judgmental...see my added text in #25 seems the family? searched for her....

Did she have a cell phone? Lot's of kids have to call parents when they are late, something wrong or have made other plans. I didn't see that mentioned. Seems she has, thinking of the (looking like) selfies on her FB-site. If on mum's account, they could look at the phone records...and let LE warranting for pinging her location.
According to this article, she did not have her phone with her.
http://amp.wxyz.com/2362780031/rose...information-for-missing-12-year-old-girl.html

UPDATE: Missing 12-year-old girl from Macomb County found walking in Detroit

By Amber Ainsworth

Posted: 11:00 AM, October 01, 2017
Updated: 11:05 AM, October 01, 2017

DETROIT - A 12-year old girl who disappeared from her Roseville home Thursday was found walking Sunday in Detroit , police said.

Sabrina Fouchey*was found by a resident about 8 a.m. and brought to a hospital, police said.

There was concern because she was cold from apparently spending the night outside, police said...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...from-macomb-county-found-walking-in-detroit-1

Police: Missing Roseville girl, 12, found in Detroit

Mark Hicks, The Detroit News Published 9:55 p.m. ET Sept. 29, 2017 | Updated 11:13 a.m. ET Oct. 1, 2017

A 12-year-old Roseville girl, who was last seen Thursday afternoon and declared a missing person was found* safe after she sought help in Detroit, police say.

Around 8 a.m. Sunday in Detroit Sabrina Fouchey "approached a person and asked for help," according to a statement from Roseville Police Department. Authorities took*Fouchey to an area hospital, with a concern that her body temperature dropped "from apparently spending the night outside."

Fouchey was last seen at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday after being dropped off at her family’s home on Biehl and telling a sibling she planned to go the library, relatives told investigators...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...sought-find-missing-roseville-girl/106135692/

Wonder what happened...but sooo glad she was found...Thx BDeyes,,,,

I wonder why she was in Detroit and why she spent the night outside? Hopefully we will learn more, but maybe not because she is a minor? Glad she found!!!

I don't feel the need to know details regarding Sabrina's whereabouts during the time that she was missing. I'm just happy she was found and is safe and well. Thoughts and prayers for her family.

I don't feel the need to know details regarding Sabrina's whereabouts during the time that she was missing. I'm just happy she was found and is safe and well. Thoughts and prayers for her family.
I agree. I'm just glad she was found safe, and I hope that she gets whatever support she needs. The public doesn't need to know the details.

I also don't need the details. Just so glad to hear she is safe now!

I'm glad she was found ok. I don't necessarily need to know the details either, but it does concern me she was out all night. 12 year olds don't necessarily spend a night outside all night alone. If there was an adult involved that person needs to be held accountable.

Oh wow what a wonderful surprise on such a horrible morning!
How far is Detroit from her home?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38