MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdering your own children as a solution to not having to pay child support is horrific. Can't they just sign away their rights?

snipped

No - they can't sign away their rights. That's why pregnant women are killed by boyfriends and situations such as this one. Poor boys. I can't stand to look at their pictures. The little blond one just breaks my heart, I so want to put my arms around him.

I honestly don't think he killed them to avoid child support. I think he is doing this to hurt his ex-wife - some men do not think past their own satisfaction and self - his children were just an extention of him and he wanted his wife's attention.

I say put him in a room with the ex-wife and he will stop this wild goose chase. I am sorry but if I were his mother or his sister - I would not stand by him if he is sending police on a wild goose chase and wasting time and making everyone suffer. I would tell my brother to tell the truth and find my nephews.

If it were my own child I would be so angry that I would force him/her to speak the truth for my grandchildren.

IMO

The question is the same now as it was before he admitted to killing them: Where are they?

If he were the mothering type of father, a fulltime single father or their mother, I would say they are in a body of water, because IIRC, that is a common theme with women that kill their kids. But JS is none of the above.

I think their bodies are dumped somewhere remote and either covered or buried. IIRC, from the same study that said women gravitate towards water, men gravitate to burying.

And I don't care how crazy he pretended to be, nothing is going to work against him as badly as the fact that he was sane and organized enough to lie about it when he was first questioned and he was careful enough to conceal the bodies.

I might have missed something, and I'm not saying this gave him a reason to kill his sons, but didn't he fight for custody, citing the fact that the mother is a registered sex offender, and not fit to be a parent? Isn't that why he took the kids the first time? I didn't think that this had to do with child support. It almost reminds me of the mother who, along with her own mother, killed the kids (mom and grandma, too) because her ex was supposedly abusing the kids and was going to get custody. I can't remember her name. At any rate, I thought I would toss that in there.

Exactly Mendara! Why isn't JS's family pleading for him to share the location of the boys? Why are they thinking only of JS and not those three precious innocent children? :(

I don't think Mom being a RSO falls into this equation. JS knew of her status long before marrying her or letting her birth his children.

I might have missed something, and I'm not saying this gave him a reason to kill his sons, but didn't he fight for custody, citing the fact that the mother is a registered sex offender, and not fit to be a parent? Isn't that why he took the kids the first time? I didn't think that this had to do with child support. It almost reminds me of the mother who, along with her own mother, killed the kids (mom and grandma, too) because her ex was supposedly abusing the kids and was going to get custody. I can't remember her name. At any rate, I thought I would toss that in there.

my thoughts on the ficticious JoAnn Taylor: Another stab at his stbx, trying to get her goat alleging both he and his children were involved with another woman. Every single one of this mans actions, imo, are solely to pain his stbx. He gave no thoughts to his children, to his own family, he gave no thought to anyone besides himself and how he was going to make his stbx pay. :furious:

He sounds very, very controlling.
My friends ex dragged her through the courts, cost her thousands, managed to wrangle custody, and in the end, like this fellow with his first daughter, botched it and my friend regained custody of her child.

This guy sounds so similar. I believe that if he was depressed, narcissistic, and the children in his eyes were a reflection and part of him (according to his way of seeing thimgs) he could be capable of 'taking them out' so he wouldn't be deprived of control, and to his way of seeing things they wouldn't have to 'suffer'.

Moms background is not the issue, here. She's been caring for them all along, and probably doing a good job. Dad sounds like his work, when he was working kept him away from home alot. It sounds like when mom got custody, thats when he 'snapped'.

I so agree! Too much for just a thanks/thumbs up.

my thoughts on the ficticious JoAnn Taylor: Another stab at his stbx, trying to get her goat alleging both he and his children were involved with another woman. Every single one of this mans actions, imo, are solely to pain his stbx. He gave no thoughts to his children, to his own family, he gave no thought to anyone besides himself and how he was going to make his stbx pay. :furious:

I can't stop praying that these boys are safe and sound somewhere and this is all some bogus story made up by Skelton to get these boys away from their mother. I know it's a total far fetched idea, but I hope it's true! I know what the odds are, I know it's almost impossible, but I still have faith!

This is what I'd love to believe as well.

He sounds very, very controlling.
My friends ex dragged her through the courts, cost her thousands, managed to wrangle custody, and in the end, like this fellow with his first daughter, botched it and my friend regained custody of her child.

This guy sounds so similar. I believe that if he was depressed, narcissistic, and the children in his eyes were a reflection and part of him (according to his way of seeing thimgs) he could be capable of 'taking them out' so he wouldn't be deprived of control, and to his way of seeing things they wouldn't have to 'suffer'.

Moms background is not the issue, here. She's been caring for them all along, and probably doing a good job. Dad sounds like his work, when he was working kept him away from home alot. It sounds like when mom got custody, thats when he 'snapped'.

"Deprived of control" is spot on and exactly why he will not reveal the location of the boys. As long as he doesn't reveal their location he is still excersizing that control over the boys mother.

jmo

Exactly Mendara! Why isn't JS's family pleading for him to share the location of the boys? Why are they thinking only of JS and not those three precious innocent children? :(

Because sometimes people who only care about themselves are born from other people who only care about themselves and extentions of themselves. His mother and sister obviously are cut from the same cloth. It is one thing to support a family member while remaining silent and not going to the media and trying to say police are wrong - the perp is suffering etc.

If you stand by him FINE - stay quiet - talk to him try to help - but don't go to the media unless you have information that can lead to finding your grandchildren or nephews - the public doesn't care about your desperate attempts at trying to make your family look good.

OBVIOUSLY he was the last person to have those children and whatever lead to them being missing is HIS fault - so why don't you try to find them and shut your traps.

IMO -

I will never understand how a parent can hate their ex more than they love their own children. From extreme actions such as those JS took, to the parent who bad mouths their childrens other parent after a split.

:(

Tanner, Alexander and Andrew, where are you? Help those searchers find you today!

Bond set for kidnapping suspect John Skelton

A judge set bond at $3 million for kidnapping suspect John Skelton today. Skelton appeared in Lucas County Common Pleas Court before Judge Cook for an extradition hearing. Authorities want to bring Skelton to Michigan to face charges that he kidnapped his three sons last week.
---
Skelton was brought into the courtroom in a wheelchair and appeared to be wearing a protective vest. Police officers from Morenci, Skelton's home town, were in court for this morning's hearing.
---
more at
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7818523

Is there a presser scheduled for 11 am today?

[
QUOTE=secretagent;5859299]So they can be "cured"? If someone has the capacity to take another's life for any purpose other than self defense, there is no fixing that. These people are missing that thing that makes them human.

And the only solution we had is to warehouse them until they die or convince a parole board that they are cured. I don't want these folks walking next to me on the street. I don't want someone who has broken the spirit of children and extinguished their lives out in society and you shouldn't either. An adult can make changes to his life to adjust to current situations, a child can't. He murdered those beautiful children because things simply weren't going his way.

I don't mean to snipe at you individually, but it's this line of thinking that allows these crimes to continue. Someone will always want to understand them, but what he has done is so remote and evil there can be no understanding for if we can understand, we can say oh it's because he was alone, he was abused as a child or a hundred other excuses. He made this choice and now the very direct and simple resolution is to remove him from our society. Forever.

He cannot be fixed, and considering he was already a non contributing (not paying child support, causing legal issues emotionally disturbing his children)member of society proper to hurting these boys, there is no reason to have him out and about around normal society. The last act simply becomes the tipping point, the ticket out.[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree with some of this:

1) I work with people who have killed other people. Two that I know of, who were 17 at the time the offenses took place, are now adults, productive citizens, one works as a Vet and has a successful practice. The other is an engineer.
I won't go into the details of the cases, but I will say this, as told to be by an 'offender' I worked with awhile back 'sometimes good people do bad things'.

Not everyone is a psychopath.

That said, I beleive there are people who are psychopathic, and who are capable of doing things that are positively scary. There is a component to mental health that I beleive needs to be addressed with people who show signs of mental health decompensation. Otherwise, we learn nothing, we gain nothing. Things happen again and again. Mental health issues are often not treated and ignored for years til someone snaps.

However, and this is my opinion only-if we believe only in an eye for an eye very soon the whole world would be blind

A judge set bond at $3 million for kidnapping suspect John Skelton today. Skelton appeared in Lucas County Common Pleas Court before Judge Cook for an extradition hearing. Authorities want to bring Skelton to Michigan to face charges that he kidnapped his three sons last week.
Skelton will fight extradition to Michigan and a hearing on the matter has been set for December 14th.Skelton was brought into the courtroom in a wheelchair and appeared to be wearing a protective vest.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7818523&rss=rss-twi-wtvg-article-7818523

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee