MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he made the statement about the organization under oath, what is the penalty for perjury?

Was he actually under oath during that hearing?? I am not certain what court proceedings lead one to be under oath. Don't spend much time in court rooms:innocent:

just found a new article-
http://www.lenconnect.com/news/x74195129/Skelton-tells-judge-he-turned-boys-over-to-an-organization

snipped-
TS said
"She said John Skelton sent her a text message the day after Thanksgiving, saying he had given the children to someone named Joann Taylor, who was to return them to her.

After that, she said, she had only one opportunity to talk with her husband on the telephone while he was at a hospital in Fulton County, Ohio.

“I have not had a chance to talk to him since then,” she said."

Okay now I am more confused- I thought LE was called when the boys were not returned at a specific time. When did she get this text message from JS?? Before or after reporting the non -return?? Before or after he was taken to the Fulton Medical Center by the alleged friend??

And then JS talks to TS while there.

And then she hasn't had a chance to talk to him since then???? I saw in MSM that she was on his visitor request list??!!
could it be beneficial if she WERE allowed to talk to him???

oh ay ay ay

Was he actually under oath during that hearing?? I am not certain what court proceedings lead one to be under oath. Don't spend much time in court rooms:innocent:

Someone in the last thread...or possibly earlier in this one...said he said it under oath. I think it was during the video hearing. IIRC, he told the judge that he would rather not tell where the kids are/who they were with at that time. Maybe I misunderstood.

Hey all, this is my first post here. I've been watching the thread for about two weeks now but have a question.

The detective heading the investigation has indicated he does not anticipate a positive outcome. Does anyone know what he is basing that comment on?

Such groups/organizations that will hide a parent and child(ren) from an alleged abusive spouse do exsist. They are not really "underground", however to protect the victims the location of the facility is kept confidential. In a majority of these cases the parent stays with the child(ren) but there have been a few instances where the parent has left. However, these groups are not vigilanties and adhere to strict procedures and policies and often work with the courts and assist these victims legally.
I doubt any such group/organization would allow for these children to continue in hiding without at the very least alerting someone (even anonymously) that the boys are alive. The people that run these groups are survivors of abuse and are typically good hearted people who have turned their lives around and do this to help others.
No matter how much they may believe JS in that these boys were in danger of being abused, I doubt (IMO) they would allow LE and an entire nation to have even the slighest thought that these children were murdered.

Hey all, this is my first post here. I've been watching the thread for about two weeks now but have a question.

The detective heading the investigation has indicated he does not anticipate a positive outcome. Does anyone know what he is basing that comment on?

No I don't know. Nothing specific as far as positive indications of foul play, evidence of murder, has been mentioned to MSM to my knowledge.

Wouldn't any organization that hid children return the children if they found that the information provided to them was false....if their reasonings for hiding the children were no longer valid??

Unfortunately, no. The infamous Children of the Underground group reportedly helped the mother of Savannah Todd, despite the fact she never claimed she or her child was abused. The leader was called out for this on TV, but Savannah's still missing.

Not that I think that's what happened here, but it's how most of those organizations work. (Almost every one of them only helps women, though.)

Just had a couple of thoughts-

It was mentioned that 2 of the boys would go to the clinic at school to use inhalers...I guess for asthma? I am not familiar with asthma, so I don't know if its symptoms vary from one person to the other, if it can be very mild, or very life threatening if meds are not available.
I wonder how much of this inhaler medication was available, if there is any outstanding prescription, or if any was refilled around the time the boys went missing. I wonder if the family had no insurance, if this is something they wouldl get at a county health center... a place fee-based on income.
I wonder if LE found any medication for the boys in the house, or if it was missing.

I can fill you in a little about asthma as I am on disability due to severe asthma. I need to use my rescue inhaler many times a day, and on some days I can't even leave the house to run to the store, etc. Showering, cleaning, cooking can all be a major chore at times. I usually land in the ER once a month, depending on weather or pollen conditions.

Mine is on the extreme side, but generally with kids this young it is something they will outgrow. A lot of times it is exercise induced or allergy induced. When I read that they need to use an inhaler once a day, I found that a bit odd and excessive (for their age). In MOST cases of younger children, they will use it prior to gym class or sports practices to prevent an attack from happening. This isn't to say that they don't have a bad case of asthma, but there are OTC inhalers you can purchase without a prescription. I would never recommend anyone buying those as they are not very safe to use frequently. Also, these days some insurance companies make you get a 3 month supply at one time, instead of month to month. So even if the boys had left one inhaler behind, they could still have another with them.

I would be extremely interested in finding out if these boys were on other asthma medications. If they were, then I may be able to determine approximately how severe their cases are. However, if they are only using a rescue inhaler, then I would assume their cases aren't very bad and they could get away with using the OTC inhalers.

If anyone is familiar with asthma in younger children please speak up, my experience is the other way around. I developed asthma in my teens and it gradually got worse as I got older.

It was mentioned that 2 of the boys would go to the clinic at school to use inhalers...I guess for asthma? I am not familiar with asthma, so I don't know if its symptoms vary from one person to the other, if it can be very mild, or very life threatening if meds are not available.
I wonder how much of this inhaler medication was available, if there is any outstanding prescription, or if any was refilled around the time the boys went missing. I wonder if the family had no insurance, if this is something they wouldl get at a county health center... a place fee-based on income.
I wonder if LE found any medication for the boys in the house, or if it was missing.

My 8 year old daughter goes to her school nurse daily for asthma to use her inhaler. In her case she has trouble breathing without it, especially if she is very active (recess and such). But it's never dangerous for her to be without it, just uncomfortable.

I imagine like anything there are different degrees.

Thank you Jen! yes I do recall hearing that a lot of childhood asthma could be outgrown, like allergies often are. Interesting, I did not know that inhalers could be had OTC.

Perhaps KeepingHope could let us know if TS has ever mentioned the boys asthma & meds. I am hoping IF they are in hiding, the condition is being monitored/treated.

My 8 year old daughter goes to her school nurse daily for asthma to use her inhaler. In her case she has trouble breathing without it, especially if she is very active (recess and such). But it's never dangerous for her to be without it, just uncomfortable.

I imagine like anything there are different degrees.

Thank you blazelet........I totally forgot about recess. This makes more sense for them to be using an inhaler daily, as they would be out running around and playing. I hope your daughter outgrows hers, I hate hearing about young kids who suffer with asthma. It can be especially scary for little ones. :(

My 11 year old grandson has asthma (inherited from me),
Stress, crying, exercise, dirty places, mold, musty smells,animals can all be triggers,
If kept on routine meds and nebulizers he can play football.
We both got better with age, but at 61, I still take my singulair and have a puffer.

may I add that cold weather does not help either.
All of our infections end up being broncial.

My 11 year old grandson has asthma (inherited from me),
Stress, crying, exercise, dirty places, mold, musty smells,animals can all be triggers,
If kept on routine meds and nebulizers he can play football.
We both got better with age, but at 61, I still take my singulair and have a puffer.

I inherited mine from my grandmother too LOL! I am glad you are BOTH getting better with age! :woohoo: Poor guy, kids shouldn't have to be worried about things like that.

I always joke around and tell people I'm allergic to air because it seems like I am at times! Laughter will also set mine off (which sucks!).

Welcome to WS blazelet - wish these 3 boys were found.

I'm so sad to return here to find there is really no new news on the boys....Only more news on how JS is continuing to be successful in his war on TS. So sad. I've also been offline tending to my own sick little one (who is on the mend thank goodness) but also a little hesitant to read up on this one. It has gotten almost too hard for me to bear. I can't imagine what TS and her family are going through.

Those poor little children.

Long time lurker, first time poster!

No matter who JS "handed the boys off to", wouldn't they require their winter coats? Even if they were headed somewhere warm, they would be leaving from MI in the cold.

If JS claims he was protecting them from TS, why would he ask her "Where's your ring at, hon?" So you are protecting your boys from this woman that you intend to stay married to?!

I am trying to remain optimistic and am truly hoping for a positive outcome, but there is so much that does not add up.

Long time lurker, first time poster!

No matter who JS "handed the boys off to", wouldn't they require their winter coats? Even if they were headed somewhere warm, they would be leaving from MI in the cold.

If JS claims he was protecting them from TS, why would he ask her "Where's your ring at, hon?" So you are protecting your boys from this woman that you intend to stay married to?!

I am trying to remain optimistic and am truly hoping for a positive outcome, but there is so much that does not add up.

:highfive: WELCOME!!!

Stephieras -- Welcome to WS --!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members