MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully they will be able to identify all three children and the reason for their deaths. Then may the person responsible be punished accordingly.

I do not feel right now we know they are related.

I found a link which describes how bones can be used to help identify if a victim is male or female.

ETA Unfortunately it is very difficult in younger bones
"Sex-related skeletal features are not obvious in children's bones. Subtle differences are detectable, but they become more defined following puberty and sexual maturation."

http://anthropology.si.edu/writteninbone/male_female.html

I'm interested to know if the people that were evicted were located or arrested? I would think that you can't just move and leave bones of three children behind? Why isn't there more investigation or mention of the former tenants?

What are those coincidences? Please elaborate. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custody battle of children. I found something on google from 2011. Sorry my first time posting and I'm not sure what I can share. I figured hey if it's on google any of us can search the documents.

Custody battle of children. I found something on google from 2011. Sorry my first time posting and I'm not sure what I can share. I figured hey if it's on google any of us can search the documents.

Thanks! I will google it. Appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested to know if the people that were evicted were located or arrested? I would think that you can't just move and leave bones of three children behind? Why isn't there more investigation or mention of the former tenants?

Here's the thing though. What are the chances that whoever put the bones (remains) in the box would forget their existence and leave them to be found?

Here's the thing though. What are the chances that whoever put the bones in the box would forget their existence and leave them to be found?

It is bizarre. What if someone got evicted from the premises and felt it was too dangerous to return. Its all very strange.

It is bizarre. What if someone got evicted from the premises and felt it was too dangerous to return. Its all very strange.

I can think of a couple possibilities. Maybe a friend asked to store the box in the shed and the people evicted didn't know what was in it or how to locate their friend when they were evicted. Another possibility is that only one of the tenants knew what was in the box and they were incarcerated at the time of the eviction. I just can't imagine anyone knowing what was in the box, leaving it behind. Unless they wanted them to be found.

Police order tests of remains for link to Mich. boys

Police in Montana have ordered forensic tests to determine whether the remains of three children are those of three Michigan brothers who were reported missing seven years ago.

The bones and teeth of three children were discovered Thursday in a shed in Missoula, Montana, Montana police. The children’s ages were estimated by an anthropologist to be 2-4 years old, 5-8 years old and 6-10 years old.

The Montana case has similarities to three brothers who have been missing since 2010. Tanner, Alexander and Andrew Skelton were 5, 7 and 9 when they disappeared in Morenci on Black Friday that year.

Michigan State Police issued a press release Friday, explaining more forensic work must be done to determine the identities of the remains...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...-tanner-alexander-alex-andrew-andy/108618228/

Remember when the boys went missing and they searched a campground? Now, this "transient" lived at this property in a trailer and a box of bones was found. Coincidence, possibly. However, it does make one's spidey senses tingle when the police mention the boys with this case as a possibility. It is hard not to hope that resolution can be found on an old case.

ETA:
(old article mentioning camp ground: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40427984/...h-boys-dad-had-lost-job-custody/#.WjQFk1WnGUk)

I can think of a couple possibilities. Maybe a friend asked to store the box in the shed and the people evicted didn't know what was in it or how to locate their friend when they were evicted. Another possibility is that only one of the tenants knew what was in the box and they were incarcerated at the time of the eviction. I just can't imagine anyone knowing what was in the box, leaving it behind. Unless they wanted them to be found.

Yea I tend to agree. If I read things right there was a whole week from eviction to discovery. You would think someone would take the risk and try to get those remains if they knew they were there.

Its possible they either did not know about them or maybe they did really forget about them. Wouldnt that be something.

Wonder if other previous tennants or squatters had lived there before.

Curious to know the size of the box and how much remains were actually found. It may have been a small box with just very few bones and teeth.
A really small box would be easier to forget about.

Thinking along the lines of someone may have removed all the teeth to avoid identification and then dumped the main bodies elsewhere and kept the teeth in a box. Planned to get rid of them in a really good spot and never got around to it.

All JMO

The guy who lived in the camper was among a number of Montanans who documented grievances with the guardian ad litem system in the summer of 2006. He is not so "transient" as may have been suggested. He has longterm personal and familial ties to Missoula.

I lived in a similar (and close to the house where these remains were discovered) rental house in Missoula in the late 70s, and the detached garage was like a museum. There were oil cans and such dating back to the 1920s. No telling when this garage was last cleaned out. It's a university town, so there tends to be a lot of tenant turnover.

Police look to Montana for possible lead in case of missing Morenci boys

Michigan State Police have requested more information from police in Montana after the recent discovery of a box containing human remains from children believed to be the same age as three boys who went missing from Morenci, Mich. in 2010.

Officials believe the bones — found Sept. 27 at a rental house in Missoula — are from three children who were between 2 and 4, 5 and 8, and 6 and 10 at the time of their deaths, according to a search warrant application filed in Montana’s Missoula County...

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...or-possible-lead-in-case-of-missing-boys.html

Oh, this rental house is much newer than where I lived. This one is post-war, built 1949.

One thing that makes me think that it may not be the Morenci boys is the way the father got checked into a hospital in Ohio and talked about going to Florida. If he harmed the boys right around the time he ended up in the hospital then it does seem to be very far away from Montana so not sure how remains would ever end up there.

The hospital admission makes sense because Michigan, Ohio, and Florida are basically in a straight line. The Montana location does not make any sense right now which leads me to think maybe not related.

I guess over time things could have been moved around or given to someone and ended up being moved at a later date too. I think I read the father had done long haul trucking too.

Not enough information yet to know if its related or not. I sure hope LE is able to get DNA and find out more about the remains.

An informal resident of the rental house in Missoula has been incarcerated several times on charges of, among other things, burglary, and is currently in custody again (as of about four months ago) in Missoula after another burglary/car theft. So, who knows? He might have grabbed the box from somebody else's house and hauled it home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back